HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce Empty
PostSubject: Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce   Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 11:50 am

Kanye West insists Beck should have given his Grammy Award to Beyonce.

The outspoken rapper stormed the stage when the 'Devil's Haircut' hitmaker picked up the Album of the Year prize for 'Morning Phase' at last night's (08.02.15) ceremony and though it had been assumed he was poking fun at the infamous night he interrupted Taylor Swift's MTV Video Music Awards (VMA) acceptance speech when she triumphed over Beyonce in 2009, he insists he was serious and his 'Drunk in Love' singer friend's snub was like being ''smacked in the face''.

Kanye - who turned and walked off stage without interrupting Beck - told E! News afterwards:

''I just know that the Grammys, if they want real artists, to keep coming back, they need to stop playing with us. We ain't gonna play with them no more. And Beck needs to respect artistry and he should've given his award to Beyonce.

''Because when you keep on diminishing art and not respecting the craft and smacking people in their face after they deliver monumental feats of music, you're disrespectful to inspiration. And we as musicians have to inspire people who go to work every day, and they listen to that Beyonce album and they feel like it takes them to another place.''

And the 37-year-old rapper - who was accompanied to the ceremony at Los Angeles' Staples Centre by wife Kim Kardashian West - admitted he terminated his protest early for the sake of his spouse and their 19-month-old daughter North.

He explained: ''I got my wife, I got my daughter, and I got my clothing line, so I'm not going to do nothing to put my daughter at risk -- but I am here to fight for creativity.

''That's the reason why I didn't say anything tonight. But you all know when it meant when 'Ye walked on that stage.''
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce   Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 11:52 am

This man needs to fuck off and stop interrupting awards ceremonies. Talk about being disrespectful towards Beck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce   Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 12:44 pm

Boo. Fucking. Hoo. Every time someone he likes doesnt win, he throws a fit
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce   Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 1:37 pm

No, he just had a hard-on for Beyonce. Funny
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce   Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 2:06 pm

Yeah That Fail!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce   Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 4:22 pm

Kanye ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce   Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:16 pm

But seriously.. who the fuck is Beck? Indifferent
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce   Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:31 pm

The only song of his I know of is Loser.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce   Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 12:04 pm

So I found this on Tumblr and it's pretty spot on:

The award was for “Album of the Year”, not “Artist who plays the most instruments” or “Resume of the Year”. Beck has absolutely been successful in the past, no one’s denying that, but his album did not sell even CLOSE to as well as Beyonce’s album sold, which is truly amazing because Beyonce literally dropped the album with no notice and had zero advertising, yet it sold over 300k in three days. His album did not contain incredibly empowering messages about womanhood, feminism, sexuality and race in an industry that tends to not encourage such concepts, especially when they’re coming from a middle-aged & married black mother. I mean, his album didn’t literally change the game the way Beyonce’s “I’m not gonna use any prior advertising or social media or hints before I drop this digitally” album, and honestly, it was barely talked about in comparison. Look at the hits Beyonce’s music videos got. Look at how many times her songs were played on the radio. Look at how many people have begun thinking critically about feminism and sexuality and motherhood.

For an industry that consistently uses “the numbers” as a way of denying black female artists their awards, I’d say Kanye was rightfully upset that now, these same numbers were being ignored and suddenly, Beyonce’s loss was about the “music”, and a white man’s irrelevant past accomplishments. Besides, someone playing 14 instruments doesn’t mean they somehow have more artistry than a woman who uses 4 writers for one song (an idea that demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of how the R&B music industry even works), so really, there’s no reason why Kanye West defending one of his closest friends in the music industry should be a shameful thing. Like, if even Beck can admit that Beyonce should have won, which he did, I think y'all should get your heads out of your asses.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce   Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 7:26 pm

I don't even give a fuck how he won. I'm just happy a rock (or rock-related) artist won over some shitty pop artist. Maybe things are getting better. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce   Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 7:27 pm

Also, sorry Myke. Although I usually agree with you; saying that Beyonce lost cause of her race is one of the most retarded things I've ever had to process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce   Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 7:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce   Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 9:06 pm

That's the only thing I didn't agree with in the post.

I still think Beyonce should have won though. "Album of the Year" should be based strictly on numbers. Including ratings and how many copies sold. In which case, Beyonce's dominates.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce   Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:32 pm

If it's about numbers strictly, sure. But if it's about quality and content, Beck all the way.

I read a comment that made perfect sense about the people that say "Beck? Who?"

It said something like: "Not knowing who Beck is doesn't make him any worse, it just means you have limited knowledge of music. It's like saying 'Everyone knows what McDonald's is, so they are clearly the best restaurant ever. I haven't eaten at that restaurant down the street, so because I don't know it - McDonald's is automatically better."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce   Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce Empty

Back to top Go down

Kanye West: Beck should give award to Beyonce

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1