HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Foo Fighter Grohl finishes show after breaking leg

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Foo Fighter Grohl finishes show after breaking leg Empty
PostSubject: Foo Fighter Grohl finishes show after breaking leg   Foo Fighter Grohl finishes show after breaking leg EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 11:08 am

Foo Fighters singer Dave Grohl broke his leg after falling from a stage during a show in Sweden last night, but returned to continue playing in a cast.

Grohl, the former drummer of Nirvana, was performing in Gothenburg, when he tumbled during the second song and badly injured himself, according to several pictures and videos on social media.

But instead of cutting short the show, a recumbent Grohl at first jokingly sang the David Bowie and Queen song "Under Pressure" and vowed to press on.

"I think I just broke my leg," Grohl told the crowd, according to a fan video.

But before the crowd could voice disappointment, Grohl said: "I'm going to go to the hospital, I'm going to fix my leg, but then I'm coming back and we're going to play for you again."

"I'm so sorry," he said.

Dave Grohl broke his leg & finished his set: “I may not be able to walk or run but I can still play guitar & scream!" pic.twitter.com/HzTdr15loj
— The Strombo Show (@TheStromboShow) June 12, 2015

Sure enough, Grohl returned after an hour with his leg in a cast, alternately performing with crutches or sitting on a chair.

On Twitter, the Foo Fighters published a photo showing an X-ray of what appears to be a broken bone, along with the words: "Thank you Gothenburg. That was amazing."

Thank you Gothenburg. That was amazing. pic.twitter.com/BXvuxIfVEv
— Foo Fighters (@foofighters) June 12, 2015

Grohl has long earned a reputation among fans and critics as the Mr Nice Guy of the rock world, despite the dark history behind Nirvana.

He frequently campaigns for progressive causes and has spoken out against drug use.
Back to top Go down

Foo Fighter Grohl finishes show after breaking leg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighter Grohl finishes show after breaking leg   Foo Fighter Grohl finishes show after breaking leg EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 11:09 am

Now that's what you call dedication, fair play to him for carrying on Obey our master!
Back to top Go down

Foo Fighter Grohl finishes show after breaking leg

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1