HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dave Grohl Praises Lorde for 'Royals' in World of 'Stripper Pop'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Dave Grohl Praises Lorde for 'Royals' in World of 'Stripper Pop' Empty
PostSubject: Dave Grohl Praises Lorde for 'Royals' in World of 'Stripper Pop'   Dave Grohl Praises Lorde for 'Royals' in World of 'Stripper Pop' EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 12:38 pm

Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl has revealed himself as a huge fan of Lorde, claiming that in a world of "stripper pop," her distinctive pop sounds like nothing short of a "revolution."

The rock icon, who teamed up with the teen star at Nirvana's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last month, has even gone so far as to say he believes Lorde could make the world a better place for his children to grow up in, which is quite the statement to make.

"When I first heard 'Royals' it was sandwiched between all of that other stripper pop," he says, in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine. "I was so f--king relieved. I thought, 'Hey, this might be another revolution.'

"When I met her I said, 'When I first heard your song on the radio and my kids sang along I felt like there was hope for my kids to grow up in an environment which is more than just superficial.'"

He added: "My two daughters, Violet and Harper, who are eight and five years old, started singing along. I was so happy and relieved that my two girls were singing a popular song on the radio that had some substance and depth, which I considered to be healthy for them as kids. I know that sounds kind of parent-ish."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

Dave Grohl Praises Lorde for 'Royals' in World of 'Stripper Pop' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl Praises Lorde for 'Royals' in World of 'Stripper Pop'   Dave Grohl Praises Lorde for 'Royals' in World of 'Stripper Pop' EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 1:13 pm

Stripper Pop Funny
Back to top Go down

Dave Grohl Praises Lorde for 'Royals' in World of 'Stripper Pop'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1