WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Mæstro
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Mæstro

WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 8:12 am

IMO.
1- WM19
2-WM1
3-WM31
4-WM30
5- WM NY NJ.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 4:18 pm

WM NY NJ sucked Bruh......

I went to that live (and I did really love watching it live) but even then I definitely knew it wasn't one of the best WM's... very average.

Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 7:34 am

WM1? ROFL!

WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 FJBloTX
WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 4:33 pm

really trying to shit on the past shows is like trying to shit on the Atari in the video game world
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 4:38 pm

Well there's a reason the video game industry crashed in 1983.

Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 4:38 pm

No one can defend Wrestlemania 1 as a legitimate wrestling show... Bull, come on...

Here are the main matches.

David Sammartino (with Bruno Sammartino) vs. Brutus Beefcake (with Johnny Valiant) ended in a double disqualification (11:44)

Junkyard Dog defeated Greg Valentine (c) (with Jimmy Hart) by countout (6:55)

Nikolai Volkoff and The Iron Sheik (with Freddie Blassie) defeated The U.S. Express (Mike Rotundo and Barry Windham) (c) (with Lou Albano) (6:56)

André the Giant defeated Big John Studd (with Bobby Heenan) IN A BODY SLAM CHALLENGE (5:54)

Hulk Hogan and Mr. T (with Jimmy Snuka) defeated Roddy Piper and Paul Orndorff (with Bob Orton) (13:24)

WHO COULD POSSIBLY CARE ABOUT THIS?

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 4:40 pm

That sounds like an incredibly awful show.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 4:42 pm

hmmm the spoiled ones
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 4:44 pm

itchy head

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 4:47 pm

show no appreciating with the history and how far we have came since then. spoiled ones

but maybe not too spoil because good = great it seems to most people
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 4:52 pm

Well if you wanted good shows from back then there's Mid-South and JCP Thirsty Mofos

Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 9:32 pm

Saying I don't appreciate wrestling history because WM1 is not a good wrestling show is fucking stupid. Even in the context of the era, that is not a good wrestling show.

Compare WM1 with Starrcade 85 and tell me it even is half as good. Please try. Not everything with Hulk Hogan on it mattered.

Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 5:53 am

I watched WM 1 once or twice all the way through. Honestly, it is utterly boring...and I can truly empathize with the different time periods and attitudes towards a wrestling product through the times (I adore the Attitude Era, for example, but I've had convos with people on here who just think it's crap, which I appreciate)...but it's still boring, even for that time period.

That doesn't mean it can't be appreciated for it's significance in history, in terms of it being important for wrestling being on PPV and how a show would become.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 3:47 pm

brats. simple as that. brats
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 3:53 pm

Eeyen wrote:
Saying I don't appreciate wrestling history because WM1 is not a good wrestling show is fucking stupid. Even in the context of the era, that is not a good wrestling show.

Compare WM1 with Starrcade 85 and tell me it even is half as good. Please try. Not everything with Hulk Hogan on it mattered.

you called it garbage. It might not be a fucking master piece of in ring action, but this is the show that started it all. It was a huge gamble that could have killed WWE if It wasn't a success. So Simply calling it a garbage show is fucking stupid. Without it the mediocrity of wm 31 sure as hell would have never happen. Calling WM 1 garbage is insulting.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 3:58 pm

The Starrcade in Greensboro got a higher rating in Cage Match than WrestleMania YO

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 4:01 pm

WM 1 didn't age well I agree. But it doesn't matter because this WM was the most important WrestleMania. keep that in mind the next time you simply call WM 1 garbage. Just because you say no one cares about it doesn't make your statement true. Do you know who cares about WM 1 more then anyone else in this world? Vince McMahon. Because he knows the risk he took and what it could have done to him. It was because of WM 1 Vince was able to start making the WWF the powerhouse it is today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 4:02 pm

MooseNugget wrote:
The Starrcade in Greensboro got a higher rating in Cage Match than WrestleMania YO

WM lived on Starrcade is dead
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 4:06 pm

If only Jim Crockett Jr. was smarter with his money and kept Starrcade in Greensboro instead of taking it to Chicago Sad

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 4:11 pm

What makes WM 1 one of the greatest shows of all time wasn't just because of the show and the match quality which isn't the most important thing. It's the meaning behind the show, what lead up to the show and everything the followed after. Because of WM 1 Vince was able to take WWF to levels no one ever thought Wrestling could go.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 4:18 pm

Yeah what would we have done if WWE didn't had that MTV special? Thirsty Mofos

TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 4:55 pm

Bull. Think about this. You are literally arguing: "I know the show wasn't good, but it was still good because of reasons that don't fit within the criteria for every other show ever to be 'good'."

You're saying that the quality of the show doesn't matter in determining the quality of the show.

This is almost like Pokemon 'fans' (like Mr. F, for example) saying that Red and Blue are the best because they set the stage for every subsequent game, even though they are horribly-programmed games, and the series has improved massively since.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 5:05 pm

Seth Mountain wrote:
Bull. Think about this. You are literally arguing: "I know the show wasn't good, but it was still good because of reasons that don't fit within the criteria for every other show ever to be 'good'."

You're saying that the quality of the show doesn't matter in determining the quality of the show.

This is almost like Pokemon 'fans' (like Mr. F, for example) saying that Red and Blue are the best because they set the stage for every subsequent game, even though they are horribly-programmed games, and the series has improved massively since.

would a right minded pokemon fan call red and blue trash? Quality matches just doesn't make a show a G.O.A.T on its own and sometimes it doesn't need it at all. what the show means and what it represents can play a major role.

Many believe WM 17 is the greatest of all time, while others such as I don't because what followed it. Yeah in-ring it was a damn good shows, but it was this show that started the worst angle in WWE history with the invasion angle and the worst heel run with Stone cold.

Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 5:09 pm

You don't judge a show based on what happens after it.

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 5:17 pm

Oh yes I can

I do because when I think WM 17 I don't think of a good show, I think of the beginning of a shitty storyline.

If you want to judge the show purely on quality of matches fine.

and if you are going by that standards and still call WM 31 the greatest of all time then your standards must have been low as shit.

but if that is how you will judge shows fine

My judgment of a show is more then just if it had good matches. The build up, what it represents and the aftermath all play a huge role in my judgment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time    WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

WM 31 is not the greatest WM of all time

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next