HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

P4) Vertigo | "What Lies Beneath"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

P4) Vertigo | "What Lies Beneath" Empty
PostSubject: P4) Vertigo | "What Lies Beneath"   P4) Vertigo | "What Lies Beneath" EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 8:50 pm

Due March 30th, 2015 @ 11:59 PM EST
Back to top Go down
Tim
Jobber
Tim

PostSubject: Re: P4) Vertigo | "What Lies Beneath"   P4) Vertigo | "What Lies Beneath" EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 9:36 am

As the lights are restored, the words of Azrael have infuriated the entirety of Madison Square Garden to such a point that a cascade of heckles, hisses and jeers flood the arena. Set against a chorus of fanatical boo’s, the broadcast cuts back to ringside with Ted Cedar and Joey Miles, dressed slightly more formal than usual, behind the announcer’s table.

Ted Cedar:
“Azrael is one of the most aggressive, brutal and cold-hearted wrestlers you’ll find on the roster, he’s down right possessed!”

Joey Miles:
“He’s off the fucking rails Ted!”

Ted Cedar:
“And only God knows what sort of sick and twisted plan he's plotting in order to become the number one contender for the XWA World Heavyweight Championship later tonight!”

Joey Miles:
“It should be one hell of a TLC match later on tonight, I can’t wait!”

Ted Cedar:
“That’s right Joey, but up next, another man who is looking to seize his opportunities and climb up the XWA ladder, Mr High Risk, the Rogue Vertigo will be going one-on-one with the Unorthodonist Chris Dolmeth.”

The telecast segues into a promotional graphic for Vertigo vs Chris Dolmeth before transitioning into highlights of the Rogue’s win over Prince Alex III at Vendetta #106.

Joey Miles:
“That oddball Vertigo lost his XWA virginity last week and looked impressive, but he better not cut our damn’ microphones again, or else.”

Ted Cedar:
“He’s certainly a special character, but you’re right there Joey, you can’t take anything away from what we’ve seen from him in the ring. He went toe-to-toe with the previously undefeated Prince Alex III and came out on top.”

Joey Miles:
“Hold up, let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves Ted. Tonight he’ll be going up against a whole nother beast in the form of Chris Dolmeth and it’s in a Taipei Deathmatch. This is going to be fucking chaos!”

Ted Cedar:
“It’s shaping up to an intriguing encounter that’s for sure. Now, for those of you at home unfamiliar with a Taipei Deathmatch, the rules are simple, each competitor will have their hands taped and dipped in hot glue, then sprinkled with fragments of razor sharp glass with the objective of beating their opponent to a bloody pulp. A pinfall or submission will end the match.”

Joey Miles:
“The shards of glass stick are going to be sticking out of their fists like Wolverine!”

Ted Cedar:
“Well we’re just moments away from this match, but first we’re crossing to Brian Johnson backstage, Brian what do you have for us?.”

The broadcast cuts to Brian Johnson with microphone in hand, standing backstage in front of a locker room door. He stands there awkwardly, pressing against his earpiece and indicating to the cameraman that it isn’t working before realising that he is on the air. He quickly erases the agitated look on his face and switches on his serious demeanour, lifting the microphone to his chin.

Brian Johnson:
“I’m here backstage, hoping to get an int---”

Johnson taps the microphone which screeches loudly in reply, visibly frightening and then angering him. He lifts the microphone to his chin once more.

Brian Johnson:
“I’m here backstage, hoping to get an interview with Vertigo before his match ton---”

A loud bang followed by the sound of shattered glass cuts Johnson off mid-sentence. Bamboozled by the noise, Brian tries to continue but is once again interrupted by sporadic sounds of ruffling and scratching, emanating from the locker room behind him. Looking puzzled, Johnson turns around and knocks on the door, the noise stops but there is no reply. Johnson attempts to knock again but as he raises his clenched fist to the door it is swiftly swung open by Reid Miller, who has a paint brush in his hand and random blotches of paint splattered all over his face.

Reid Miller:
“Yes?”

Startled by the door, Johnson jumps back a step.

Brian Johnson:
“Uhh…Vertigo, I was just wondering if you wouldn’t mind giving us your thoughts before tonight’s match”

Reid Miller:
“Um, ahh, well I’m sorry Mr Johnson, he’s err, he’s not here at the moment…”

Brian Johnson:
“What?!”

Reid Miller:
“Yeah, he’s not here yet.”

Brian Johnson:
“What the hell are you talking about?”

Reid Miller:
“Vertigo, uhh, SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!”

Reid immediately sparks up in anger, muttering something to himself under his breath before verbally exploding and slapping himself on the back of the head a number of times.

Reid Miller:
“NO, NO, NO!”

“I TOLD YOU THAT YOU’RE N--, just a moment Mr Johnson.”

Miller closes the door on Johnson, who uncomfortably turns around to silently face the camera as loud banging, crashing and scraping sounds reverberate from Reid’s locker room. Brian checks his watch a couple of times and after an awkward 10 seconds or so, Reid bursts back out of the locker room, this time with his face painted. He puts his arm around Brian Johnson’s shoulder and smiles.

Vertigo:
“I see you’ve met my secretary.”

Brian Johnson:
“…”

Vertigo:
“Oh don’t make that face at me Brian. I mean, sure he's clumsy, slow, incompetent, stupid, useless, backward and one of the biggest simpleton’s on the planet, but he does his job.”

Brian Johnson:
“…”

Vertigo:
“C’mon Brian, aren’t you going to ask me about how I super kicked the Prince Alex into a different dimension last week?”

“Or maybe you want to pick my brain on how I plan on decapitating Chris Dolmeth tonight?”

Brian Johnson:
“I’m not really sure what just happened, but umm…ok, go ahead.”

Vertigo:
“…Brian…the question?”

Brian Johnson:
“Uhh right, Vertigo, err, last week you made your XWA debut, your thoughts?”

Vertigo:
“What kind of question was that, who hired you?”

Vertigo retracts his arm from around Brian Johnson’s shoulders, forcefully wrenching his head down to his knees and sending him like a wrecking ball through the locker room door, snapping it off its hinges.

Vertigo:
“I might as well ask the damn questions myself.”

Vertigo moves up closer to the camera, adjusting the frame of the shot to display just his painted face. Up close and personal, the crowd and millions at home get a good look at Vertigo’s face paint design for this week, a white based pattern with dark purple spikes flying out of his cheek bones.

Vertigo:
“Last week on Vendetta I took that 300 pound sack of shit that calls himself Prince Alex and gave him a free first lesson from Vertigo’s school of wrestling. I want to let him know now that I expect payment next time he wants to step in the ring with me for another clinic. I don’t do charity work, so tell your bitch Tucker that I accept cash or credit.”

Vertigo grins before breaking into laughter.  

Vertigo:
“But I try not to dwell on the past too much, so tonight I’m going up against a man they call the Unorthodonist. Now in all seriousness, that is one fucking badass nickname, am I right?”

Vertigo smiles once again.

Vertigo:
“Dolmeth, I’ve brushed my pearly whites just for you tonight because I know how good your work is. So please, I beg you to go ahead and try to knock my teeth out.”

Vertigo places his teeth together and smiles with his mouth open, as if he was being examined by a dentist.

Vertigo:
“Actually, that’s a bit of a lie, I’d rather not lose any teeth. But don’t get too worried, because tonight Dr Vertigo is in town and he’s got a prescription just for you. It’s a quick fix, one dose of Vertigo and it’s all you need. Actually, it’s probably all you can handle too, believe me when I tell you that. Plus, I don’t want to make it too embarrassing for you, I can’t kick your ass all night.”

Vertigo raises both of his hands into the camera frame, which have already been taped, glued and spotted with shards of crushed glass in preparation for the Taipei Deathmatch stipulation.

Vertigo:
“You know, I’ve never been to Taipei, but don’t be mistaken I know how to use these.”

Like a footballer applying eye black, Vertigo raises his fists and make a small incision at the top of each cheekbone, under each of his eyelids. A small amount of blood begins to gush out of each cut, Vertigo begins to shake almost uncontrollably in front of the camera.

Vertigo:
“YOU AND ME DOLMETH, UNTIL DEATH!”

Vertigo pushes the camera over and walks off towards the stage entrance...

Last edited by Tim on Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

PostSubject: Re: P4) Vertigo | "What Lies Beneath"   P4) Vertigo | "What Lies Beneath" EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 9:56 am

Still very entertaining so far. I didn't think you would take the Reid/Vertigo thing THAT far where if he wasn't done with his paint, he wasn't vertigo Funny

This promo made me chuckle as I read through. Vertigo's a really entertaining character. He kind of reminds me of the Mask for some reason Funny
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: P4) Vertigo | "What Lies Beneath"   P4) Vertigo | "What Lies Beneath" EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 10:03 am

Good lord I love this character. Nice job. Great characterization.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Jobber
Tim

PostSubject: Re: P4) Vertigo | "What Lies Beneath"   P4) Vertigo | "What Lies Beneath" EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 12:42 am

Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated.

A Chihuahua with Rabies wrote:
This promo made me chuckle as I read through. Vertigo's a really entertaining character. He kind of reminds me of the Mask for some reason Funny

That's pretty much on point for what I'm trying to do with Vertigo. I guess you could say that i'm aiming for a blend of the Mask's eccentric humour and the Joker's dark psychotic nature into a character with Jeff Hardy's high risk in-ring traits.
Back to top Go down
Caine
Superkick Party
Superkick Party
Caine

PostSubject: Re: P4) Vertigo | "What Lies Beneath"   P4) Vertigo | "What Lies Beneath" EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 6:49 am

This is fantastic. We need to work together.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Jobber
Tim

PostSubject: Re: P4) Vertigo | "What Lies Beneath"   P4) Vertigo | "What Lies Beneath" EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 6:09 pm

Ozzy wrote:
This is fantastic.  We need to work together.

I'm down. Lets make it happen, whenever your character is free.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: P4) Vertigo | "What Lies Beneath"   P4) Vertigo | "What Lies Beneath" Empty

Back to top Go down

P4) Vertigo | "What Lies Beneath"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1