HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PROMO) Matthew Bradley - "The hunt begins..."

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PROMO) Matthew Bradley - "The hunt begins..." Empty
PostSubject: PROMO) Matthew Bradley - "The hunt begins..."   PROMO) Matthew Bradley - "The hunt begins..." EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:18 am

One post by Matthew Bradley.

Due March 16th, 2015 @ 11:59 PM EST
Back to top Go down
Phelan
Jobber
Phelan

PostSubject: Re: PROMO) Matthew Bradley - "The hunt begins..."   PROMO) Matthew Bradley - "The hunt begins..." EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 3:07 pm

Three weeks, three successive wins.

Each passing week, the competition has significantly gotten tougher.

How do you prepare for somebody with a multiple personality disorder? How do you expect the unexpected?

- - -

Last week on Vendetta, Matthew Bradley overpowered Jared Jerusalem and overcame the proverbial banana skin that was Jared's experience. The week before that, Matthew Bradley decimated a veteran of the game in Xtreme Icon. With each passing week, the big man's stock only rises with an impressive victory. He's arguably one of the brightest prospects in XWA. A superhuman strength that has yet to be matched. A rapid versatility rate which has seen him adapt to every challenge presented to him. A swagger and confidence that can only elevate him up to the highest spot in XWA, provided he 'walks the walk.'

It's ironic that after weeks of confident victories, his triumphs only lead to him facing a débutante at the upcoming Pay Per View 'Redemption.' It's almost a case of three steps forward, four steps back. Last week, the newcomer Isaac - also known as Cain to himself - laid down the challenge for a match-up at Redemption after the roulette landed on Matthew Bradley. It's still too soon to determine which superstar is the unfortunate party in this case, the wannabe main eventer Bradley or the upstart and VERY inexperienced Cain.

It doesn't help that there's a clear size mismatch in this bout too, Bradley being over 70lbs superior with power that could move boulders. Cain is merely 194lbs and he is surely going to have to depend on his speed - the one attribute that he is an advantage with - to contain and defeat Matthew. Every week, we have seen Matthew execute a spine-shattering Powerbomb called The Bradley Bomb. This is the move that almost always swings momentum into his favour, but it's never the last move that he executes. As for Cain? Nobody even knows if he's a 'punching' guy or a suplex artist.

That's the whole purpose of this tirade.

Discovery.

- - -

The best thing you could possibly do when trying to embark on a discovery, is to just follow the light. And He did follow the light. He followed the light inside and now it shines on him from the mosaic-tiled stained glass.

Matthew Bradley stands before the pulpit facing him with that light from above shining on him, certainly looking dressed for the occasion. It's a rare sight to see Matthew at such ease; not a drip of sweat on him, crisp crease-proofed pink shirt - cotton so thin that his biceps still bulge - perfectly folded dark grey trousers, that now have no wrinkles as he wears them. You'd be forgiven for thinking that he was present to attend a wedding or a funeral; of somebody that he disliked.

There's not nobody else in the Church, nobody but Matthew Bradley. It's quiet inside, but you hear the morning birds chirping outside in the trees, giving off a very summery vibe. It's too bad that Matthew is in church on a Monday.

.: Matthew Bradley :.
"For weeks, I've been trying to reach the heights that you're SUPPOSEDLY at."

It's hard to establish whether Bradley is Atheist or simply agnostic on words on alone, but the patronising tone that he mumbles in, suggests the latter.

"What's a champion without his belt? What's a man without his God? Confused. That's what this is, a confused man letting a roulette decide his future. Why would you do that? Bad Jesus! Bad BAD Jesus! You're supposed to be giving your followers some reason to live, not a reason for them to consider death!"

He raises his voice, but the expressions of Bradley are amusing ones. He is smiling as he banters with the God that he does not believe in.

"He's not even built for battle, for WAR. The war between Holy and not-so Holy. You are allowing me to decapitate and exterminate your fair Monk? If you were a good role model Jesus, you would be telling Isaac to behave and play in the little leagues. I defeated a veteran who used to be known as the Xtreme Icon, I am only the Xtreme Icon. I defeated Jared Jerusalem last week, but I would consider myself the REAL Knockout King. And I'm going to confirm this on Tuesday, I am facing another relic,  this time it's James Knight."

James Knight's name tones the atmosphere down, as a couple of bemused tuts changes the demeanour of Bradley's to one of a disgruntled competitor.

"You see, I'm not a bad person, I'm really not. It's just I'm not completely sold on the Knockout Match's concept. Why would I want to K.O dear James, when I could destroy him and make him suffer. I believe you've seen my matches. Right?"

Seriousness is out of the question, as Matthew's rhetorical question forces a cackle out of himself.

"If you're really who claim to be, then you'll answer this 'issue' of mine. I don't know how to move forward in XWA. I'm winning and winning but I'm getting nowhere, absolutely nowhere. If you are real Jesus, you WILL answer this. Give a sign of your existence. SOMETHING SYMBOLIC OF THE NEXT CHAPTER OF MY CAREER. DO IT NOW JESUS."

And with that final demand, the doors crashed open as more light was let into the church. A shadowy figure appears in the light and Bradley turns around and looks perplexed, as his jaw drops to the floor in shock. Has coincidence struck? Or perhaps his prayers have been answered. He is baffled before he laughs again.

"You!? You're EXACTLY what I need right now."

Exit scene as Matthew looks as if he just won a roulette of his own.
Back to top Go down
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

PostSubject: Re: PROMO) Matthew Bradley - "The hunt begins..."   PROMO) Matthew Bradley - "The hunt begins..." EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 9:22 am

"DO IT NOW JESUS" made me laugh.

This is a good promo tho, made me interested in what happens next in this whole Isaac vs Bradley thing Funny
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: PROMO) Matthew Bradley - "The hunt begins..."   PROMO) Matthew Bradley - "The hunt begins..." EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 11:46 am

Beautiful promo. Excellent concept, having him be in a church. Great job. Also, I like that you had a little summary of his career so far in the beginning. good job
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: PROMO) Matthew Bradley - "The hunt begins..."   PROMO) Matthew Bradley - "The hunt begins..." EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 1:53 pm

Dude. Sick promo. Really well written and an enjoyable read. Can't wait to read the other one. Keep it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PROMO) Matthew Bradley - "The hunt begins..."   PROMO) Matthew Bradley - "The hunt begins..." Empty

Back to top Go down

PROMO) Matthew Bradley - "The hunt begins..."

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1