Does NXT protect talents too much?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:37 am

Dude if a friend of mine just turned to me and say "You know I could have kicked Muhammad Ali's ass back in the day. I wouldn't get pissed off. I would wonder WTF. Why even say something like that?

Even if I wanted to see my friend fight late '60s Muhammad Ali it's impossible!

You don't see me conjuring up dream matches between Stan Hanson and John Cena! The only way that would ever happen is if they make Stan Hanson in a WWE video game.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:39 am

I'll agree with Bull and say they could have used someone like James Mitchell. That would have been awesome!

Or they could not just talk. But can anyone not talk in WWE?

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:41 am

is your friend a wrestler trying to get heel heat on himself?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:44 am

not everyone has to be a talker, not everyone has to be someone makes their promos short and sweet and to the point, and not everyone has to be a mute. A good mixture is always good.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:45 am

Sick and Twisted wrote:
BurdurSmurf wrote:
Completely agreed with Bull on that. Like I said, WWE's main mistake was having the Ascension speak (and speak way too much really, for that matter). They should have gave them a mouth piece and just have them wreck shit week after week. Instead, the Ascension made themselves look like complete rejects since they just got on the main roster. With the direction WWE took from week 1, I really don't blame their booking or the promos they've been placed in. It fit and they were trying to give them exposure and/or heel heat in those ways. They really should've never spoke in the first place and things could've went differently.

If they couldn't find them a mouth piece for their debut, have them be mute. Hell they shouldn't even had promos building up their debut. They should have appeared at a random raw during a tag team match and destroy both tag teams. Then the finally week do the same, again and again. It creates a aura of mystery around them and makes them look badass. If they want JBL to hate them, give him a better reason to hate them like have them attack him for no reason.  
Yeah That The flaw in WWE's booking is how they chose to have them debut. That was a shipping sink from day 1 because the Ascension simply can't deliver in that way. If they did what they're doing in these promos/matches in NXT and got praise for it, I'm surprised. I have not seen them deliver once yet and I think it's cause they seem out of place. They can't effectively do what they are being asked to do, and WWE simply could not get them exposure or heat after that fact.

Being mute (besides occasionally speaking later on) or having a manager could've been a whole other story. And yeah, that could've been a perfect way to start them on the main roster.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:46 am

Sick and Twisted wrote:
is your friend a wrestler trying to get heel heat on himself?
No. But him saying that will draw the same amount of money if a wrestler said the same thing.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:52 am

BurdurSmurf wrote:
Sick and Twisted wrote:
BurdurSmurf wrote:
Completely agreed with Bull on that. Like I said, WWE's main mistake was having the Ascension speak (and speak way too much really, for that matter). They should have gave them a mouth piece and just have them wreck shit week after week. Instead, the Ascension made themselves look like complete rejects since they just got on the main roster. With the direction WWE took from week 1, I really don't blame their booking or the promos they've been placed in. It fit and they were trying to give them exposure and/or heel heat in those ways. They really should've never spoke in the first place and things could've went differently.

If they couldn't find them a mouth piece for their debut, have them be mute. Hell they shouldn't even had promos building up their debut. They should have appeared at a random raw during a tag team match and destroy both tag teams. Then the finally week do the same, again and again. It creates a aura of mystery around them and makes them look badass. If they want JBL to hate them, give him a better reason to hate them like have them attack him for no reason.  
Yeah That The flaw in WWE's booking is how they chose to have them debut. That was a shipping sink from day 1 because the Ascension simply can't deliver in that way. If they did what they're doing in these promos/matches in NXT and got praise for it, I'm surprised. I have not seen them deliver once yet and I think it's cause they seem out of place. They can't effectively do what they are being asked to do, and WWE simply could not get them exposure or heat after that fact.

Being mute (besides occasionally speaking later on) or having a manager could've been a whole other story. And yeah, that could've been a perfect way to start them on the main roster.
You guys are deluded if you think the only thing wrong with The Ascension is their promos Bruh......

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:54 am

It did with Orton. It worked with Orton because his character was a snarking spoon feed cocky punk. So him saying something asinine like he could beat Lou Thesz or Andre The Giant would be something believable a punk kid who is full of himself would say.

Ascension isn't Randy Orton by any stretch of the imagination. Both in character and look. I could imagine someone like tyler breeze being like that because he character would fit that.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:57 am

Sick and Twisted wrote:
It did with Orton. It worked with Orton because his character was a snarking spoon feed cocky punk. So him saying something asinine like he could beat Lou Thesz or Andre The Giant would be something believable a punk kid who is full of himself would say.
Orton was not a draw back then NAH

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:57 am

MooseNugget wrote:
BurdurSmurf wrote:
Sick and Twisted wrote:
BurdurSmurf wrote:

You guys are deluded if you think the only thing wrong with The Ascension is their promos Bruh......

I think to add on to my good mixture of everything is always good comment. That be said about the types of styles.

Not Everyone has to be a technical master like daniel Bryan. Not everyone has to be a powerhouse like Ryback. Not everyone has to be hurky jerky like Dean Ambrose, not everyone has to be a high flyer like the Usos. Not everyone has to be a cocky chicken shit heel like the miz, not everyone has to be a boy scout baby face like John Cena.

You got to have a little bit of everything.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:59 am

That's not even the argument dawg Bruh......

To get over you have to at least be booked decently.

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 1:00 am

MooseNugget wrote:
Sick and Twisted wrote:

I do believe people always say Orton's Legend Killer gimmick was his best gimmick.

But I am done talking about this with you. You seem to not understand what I am trying to say or you are trolling the shit out of me to annoy me.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 1:01 am

Sick and Twisted wrote:
MooseNugget wrote:
Sick and Twisted wrote:

I do believe people always say Orton's Legend Killer gimmick was his best gimmick.

But I am done talking about this with you. You seem to not understand what I am trying to say or you are trolling the shit out of me to annoy me.
If I reversed this on you and said CM Punk's best work was when he was in Ring of Honor you would probably say he wasn't nearly the draw he was in WWE.

Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 1:01 am

Sick and Twisted wrote:
Not Everyone has to be a technical master like daniel Bryan. Not everyone has to be a powerhouse like Ryback. Not everyone has to be hurky jerky like Dean Ambrose, not everyone has to be a high flyer like the Usos. Not everyone has to be a cocky chicken shit heel like the miz, not everyone has to be a boy scout baby face like John Cena.

You got to be R-Truth

Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 R-Truth

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 1:02 am

MooseNugget wrote:

I believed that comment was a shot at their wrestling ability. Like I said they don't have to be or should be like Daniel Bryan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 1:03 am

BurdurSmurf wrote:
Sick and Twisted wrote:

You got to be R-Truth

too high of standards there buddy
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 1:03 am

BurdurSmurf wrote:
You got to be R-Truth

Only Ron Killings is that good though Sad

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 1:05 am

Sick and Twisted wrote:
MooseNugget wrote:

I believed that comment was a shot at their wrestling ability. Like I said they don't have to be or should be like Daniel Bryan.
Man if everyone had to be as good as Bryan Danielson nobody else would get over NAH

Except for R-Truth Thirsty Mofos

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 1:39 am

MooseNugget wrote:
Sick and Twisted wrote:
MooseNugget wrote:
Sick and Twisted wrote:

If I reversed this on you and said CM Punk's best work was when he was in Ring of Honor you would probably say he wasn't nearly the draw he was in WWE.

you know what I have one more thing to say about this.

I remember CM Punk saying during his heel run as WWE champion. If he was in the attitude era he would kick everyone's ass. If He was in Bret's or Shawn's shoe during their match he would make sure he take the title with him to WCW and watch WWE go out of business.

So by your logic that must be a shitty promo . Because we will never see CM Punk vs. The Attitude era roster. and it makes him a bitch or bitter. And oh for shame on CM Punk because their are guys from the attitude era who are dead. Eddie G, Chris Benoit, Test, Crash Holly. CM Punk is a bitter bitch by your logic.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 2:35 am

Yeah WWE writers write stupid promos. Just the other day they made a reference to Katie Vick. That would be like if at the first WrestleMania they talked about an angle that happened in 1972! Unless it's WWE Homecoming why are talking crap that happened over a decade ago? Why was Triple H the guy who killed WCW? Nobody cares. It's not money.

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 8:54 am

I keep seeing their promo and wrestling ability constantly being mentioned...none of that matters if the booking of your character is piss poor. Yes, making fun of past tag teams is a way to get you cheap heel heat, but at the end of the day, where does it lead you? If Hawk were still alive I wouldnt mind seeing a LOD/Ascension match at a Mania or something to help the Ascension get over. Remember when they got booed to high hell during the DX/NWO segment? It's because the people they were going after were actually there to draw heat off of.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 9:00 am

I thought it was going to build toward The Ascension vs Team 3D. It would have made sense if that happened. <_<

Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 FJBloTX
Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 10:27 am

wwe only has one of two of the Dudley's under contract
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 10:35 am

Bully isnt even under contract, that was just a one time thing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 10:46 am

oh I thought he signed a deal and was going to be a trainer in NXT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Does NXT protect talents too much?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next