Does NXT protect talents too much?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Does NXT protect talents too much? Empty
PostSubject: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:31 pm

We've seen the debut of Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt Family go to plan and tested indy talents Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose have delivered... but the rest of the NXT promotions have had their fair of hitches.

Most notably, the Ascension flopped entirely. Were they protected too much in NXT and not exposed enough before they hit the main roster?

Does the super-management of NXT talent hinder them when they have to respond to less than ideal situations on the main roster?

Does NXT protect talents too much? FJBloTX
Does NXT protect talents too much? Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:33 pm

NXT is a cock tease
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:34 pm

Answer the fucking question dickwad.

Also, your sig could fit on one line, cunt.

Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:35 pm

Well the problem is WWE doesn't protect their talent enough.

Ernie Ladd book Junk Yard Dog in a 20 minute match. It was shit. Ladd told promoter Bill Watts that he should fire JYD. Bill Watts instead fired Ernie Ladd.

It's the bookers/writers job to get the best out of their talent. Making The Ascension look like geeks doesn't help by the time you actually decide to give them a push.

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 pm

They will all run into the same problem once they get called up, Vince.

is it burning you up inside?
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:43 pm

No. I coped with WWE's murdering of Reigns and Bryan's potential after Royal Rumble. There is bitterness there like there was when WWE murdered CM Punk's potential, but WWE is going to do whatever they want and whether or not they maximize profit doesn't matter to them.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:46 pm

What do I keep telling you all for a long time now? Expect the worst.

You are learning.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 10:01 pm

Roman Reigns All wrote:
Expect the worst.
If you expect the worse why would you invest money in a promotion that gives you the worst?

I put my money into Ring of Honor and New Japan pay per views because I think I'm getting my moneys worth. If I thought they would be shit I wouldn't bother.

Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 10:10 pm

The real lesson is just "don't follow wrestling" because WWE doesn't want fans. Funny

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 10:17 pm

Because one I do the fuck that want to do. Another thing I still have a tiny bit of hope, not much but its still there. I have watched this company for 19 years, actually more because I was born into a family of wrestling fans. I have seen what this company can do and it can do great things. I compared WWE to a sports team because WWE is my team. When your sports team is doing shit do you stop watching them? No you give them support. Yes I bitch about WWE a lot but only because I care about that company and I want it to get better. Right now my sport team has a senile old man running it, so I will only expect the worst...but one day that old man will step down and a man who can keep up with the times like Triple H will set up and help my team back on its feet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 11:28 pm

The Ascension hasnt failed. The booking of the Ascension has failed. Trying to compare them to LOD and Demolition right off the bat hurt them tenfold, not to mention JBL burying them every week. They were destined to be ripped apart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 11:32 pm

went from followers of the Illuminati to LOD Light. The Ascension was a reason for me to watch NXT because its been ages since we had a good badass power tag team who just go in and fuck shit up.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 11:49 pm

I don't think the booking of The Ascension failed. The gimmick in general and the fact they kinda suck is what failed them. Funny

I don't know what they were doing in NXT but unless they had a complete difference in freedom for promos/matches, I don't see anything to like there.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 11:56 pm

BurdurSmurf wrote:
I don't think the booking of The Ascension failed.
Yeah old '90s tag teams making them look like clowns and making fun of dead people is booking gold.

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:00 am

I wouldn't say they mocked Hawk because he was dead. They mocked LOD as a tag team. If they said "LOL Hawk sucks because he's dead" Then I would agree with you. It was a simple Heel promo to get heat...but a stupid heel promo
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:03 am

They shouldn't be mocking anyone they're not going to have a match with. It's like when The Voodoo Kin Mafia was trying to challenge The Hardys. We knew they were not going to have a match so it was TNA just wasting TV time.

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:06 am

it's something heels have done for years. They say they are better then the past wrestlers and mock them to get heat on them. Mocking wrestler who happens to be dead has been done before in wrestling and its going to happen again.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:14 am

MooseNugget wrote:
BurdurSmurf wrote:
I don't think the booking of The Ascension failed.
Yeah old '90s tag teams making them look like clowns and making fun of dead people is booking gold.
I think that was an attempt to get some sort of reactions for their segments. I don\'t know They're basically rejects since the week they came to the WWE; as a default from their gimmick and initial reaction. That's the sort of stuff that happens to reject characters. They were outnumbered... that really didn't make them look too bad. As long as they perform well and get reactions, that kind of segment could have helped them.

It gave them more exposure than any promos or match they had before or after that. And they came out victorious in the end.

It is a bit unclear what exactly they're supposed to be, so that's something the booking could've improve on. The booking isn't that good... it's just not terrible. But I'm just saying it's their actual performance that has been really bad. They don't have the charisma to speak. I just don't see anything special in them in the ring either.

One thing I'll say is they should've just dominated teams from the start and not have any promos at all.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:16 am

Well guess what. It doesn't draw anyone money. Why should anyone waste their time doing something that won't draw them money?

They were having a match with The New Age Outlaws. They could have made fun of DX and everyone would have known they were making fun of DX. And maybe they would have gotten made at them and would pay to see The New Age Outlaws kick The Accession's ass.

But no lets waste valuable TV time back poking fun at people who are not going to be involved at all with The Accession. I would have been for it if Animal came out and attacked them for making fun of his friend but that didn't happen.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:20 am

BurdurSmurf wrote:
I think that was an attempt to get some sort of reactions for their segments. I don\'t know They're basically rejects since the week they came to the WWE; as a default from their gimmick and initial reaction. That's the sort of stuff that happens to reject characters. They were outnumbered... that really didn't make them look too bad. As long as they perform well and get reactions, that kind of segment could have helped them.
Why do you think they were so over in NXT? Did they make them look like clowns on NXT and have old '90s stars beat them up?

Do you think The New Age Outlaws would have gotten nearly as over if WWE had them got beat up by The Rock N' Roll Express when they formed as a tag team? Or even if The Road Warriors made them look like goofs? The answer is no.

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:24 am

Its heel promo 101 dude. Talk shit about the past to get fans who grew up in that era pissed at the heels. I remember Orton back in his legend killer days talk shit about tons of legends he never faced. Hell people do it in the indy scenes a lot, it's a very common type of promo.

What the problem with ascension doing something this is that they shouldn't be those types of heels. They should be bad asses (who need a mouth piece *coughJamesMitchellcough*) who go in, kick ass and leave no one left standing.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:29 am

Sick and Twisted wrote:
Its heel promo 101 dude. Talk shit about the past to get fans who grew up in that era pissed at the heels. I remember Orton back in his legend killer days talk shit about tons of legends he never faced. Hell people do it in the indy scenes a lot, it's a very common type of promo.
Doing shit like that in real life just makes you look like a bitch or bitter.

Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:31 am

Completely agreed with Bull on that. Like I said, WWE's main mistake was having the Ascension speak (and speak way too much really, for that matter). They should have gave them a mouth piece and just have them wreck shit week after week. Instead, the Ascension made themselves look like complete rejects since they just got on the main roster. With the direction WWE took from week 1, I really don't blame their booking or the promos they've been placed in. It fit and they were trying to give them exposure and/or heel heat in those ways. They really should've never spoke in the first place and things could've went differently.

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:32 am

For a dude to makes references about stuff from the 70's and 80's I would hope you would understand this. That talking shit about the past, even if they are dead isn't new. It's a way to get some cheap heel heat and its been done for years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:35 am

BurdurSmurf wrote:
Completely agreed with Bull on that. Like I said, WWE's main mistake was having the Ascension speak (and speak way too much really, for that matter). They should have gave them a mouth piece and just have them wreck shit week after week. Instead, the Ascension made themselves look like complete rejects since they just got on the main roster. With the direction WWE took from week 1, I really don't blame their booking or the promos they've been placed in. It fit and they were trying to give them exposure and/or heel heat in those ways. They really should've never spoke in the first place and things could've went differently.

If they couldn't find them a mouth piece for their debut, have them be mute. Hell they shouldn't even had promos building up their debut. They should have appeared at a random raw during a tag team match and destroy both tag teams. Then the finally week do the same, again and again. It creates a aura of mystery around them and makes them look badass. If they want JBL to hate them, give him a better reason to hate them like have them attack him for no reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does NXT protect talents too much?   Does NXT protect talents too much? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does NXT protect talents too much?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next