HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

??? vs. David Michaels

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

??? vs. David Michaels Empty
PostSubject: ??? vs. David Michaels   ??? vs. David Michaels EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:36 am

??? vs. David Michaels Chosen_zpsfea180e5
Due: Friday, September 13th at 11:59PM EDT (UTC -4 Hours)

Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: ??? vs. David Michaels   ??? vs. David Michaels EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 5:43 pm

The night is only half way through, as we are heading into our next contest with everyone finally getting the answer as to who the mystery opponent of David Michaels is. Ted Cedar is pretty pleased with the reveal, while Dennis is not as happy...while their special guest isn't remotely pleased what...so...ever!

Cedar:
"Kanimaniac! He's back ladies and gentlemen and the crowd are simply loving his return! We haven't seen Kanimaniac seen the turn of the year at XtremeMania and now he looks as ready as ever."

Dennis:
"Why the hell is he back?! He was retired by Ace Andrews at XtremeMania, dammit!"

Cedar:
"Well that was an injustice in its self and you damn well know it! I'm just glad he's back where he belongs!"

JHalc:
"...do we really give a damn?"

Cedar:
"Well I do and so do these thousands of fans here tonight!"

JHalc:
"...'we' as in me and not you, or this stupid people. You and them don't count."

Dennis:
"Yeah, shut up Cedar you idiot!"

DING...DING...DING!!!

As Kanimaniac's entrance music quietens away, the bell sounds three times and the crowd is completely split down the middle between the two men, both real crowd favourites in the history of the XWA! However, as the returning Kani stands in the centre of the ring waiting for his opponent, David Michaels isn't appearing to be sharing the same enthusiasm as the fans. He slowly gets back into the ring from the apron and makes his way to Kanimaniac, with a disgruntled look on his face. Holding out his arms, Michaels asks his opponent "the hell are you doing, man?! What the hell is your problem?!". It's well documented that these two men have a history together, both as enemies and, more recently, friends. Only last year they were both XWA Tag Team Champions.

Cedar:
"And as the crowd are going wild for this one, it doesn't appear as though Michaels is too pleased with Kani here."

Dennis:
"He always has a problem, doesn't he? Moans about management, moans about the World Title tournament, moans about JHalc and now he's moaning about Kanimaniac. Just man up you tool!"

Cedar:
"Well one would have to presume he's not best pleased at Kanimaniac, who is a friend of his less we forget, being all mysterious and choosing to come back and face him."

Dennis:
"...well then just take it out on him in the ring! He'll never learn..."

JHalc:
"He's just scared. It's almost sad."

Kanimaniac just stands in the centre of the ring, not giving Michaels a single answer. David just stands there, placing his hands on his hips as he stares back, annoyed his former tag team partner has decided to do this. Michaels then pulls his hair to the back of his head and mutters "alright" to himself as the two men begin to circle around the confines of the squared circle. Then, both stopping prior, the two well loved athletes dart forwards and collect one another in a Collar and Elbow Tie Up. Both being a similar stature, it ends up being a real tug of war, as both men drop to one knee trying to gain an advantage. Eventually, both men get upright and back out of the tussle. Both take a couple of steps back and glare at the other, knowing this is going to be a battle.

Cedar:
"A stale mate. These two know one another very well, so we could be seeing a lot of stand offs and reversals in this contest."

Dennis:
"Great. So a snore-fest?"

JHalc:
"I couldn't have said it better myself."

Cedar:
"No, I never said that. Don't put words in my mouth. I was meaning it will be an interesting battle between the two as they are familiar with each other's styles."

Dennis:
"Yeah, OK Cedar..."

The two gladiators jumps right back at one another, but this time Michaels decides to cut to the chase and simply kicks Kanimaniac in the gut, bending him over momentarily. Michaels then quickly grabs his left arm and whips him towards the corner. The Dragon Tamer bounces into the corner, with Michaels following up, but it's reversed courtesy of a Back Elbow. Michaels stumbles out of the corner, holding his jaw. He then turns around and spots a charging Kanimaniac, ready to take his head off with a Clothesline. Michaels ducks it, however, and reaches back to get a hold of Kanimaniac's neck looking for a Neckbreaker. But Kanimaniac reverses that, spinning out out of it and goes for a DDT instead. The crowd start get interested in this, as Michaels refuses to let the DDT happen and shuffles round to the back of his opponent, latching onto the left arm that was placed round his head and has it in a Hammerlock. The hold stays on for roughly two seconds, as Kanimaniac leans down and waddles through the grip of Michaels, before finding himself behind him and then grabbing him from behind in a Headlock. The Showstealer, determined to not be out done, leans in on Kanimaniac and pushes him against the ropes, bouncing him off. Kanimaniac shoots across the ring and rebounds off the opposite set and charges right at Michaels, Shoulder Blocking him down to the mat. Kanimaniac then runs against the ropes once again, with Michaels turning onto his stomach forcing Kanimaniac to skip over him as he returns. As his opponent rebounds off the ropes once more, Michaels jumps to his feet and then leaps into the air at the returning Kanimaniac. Michaels catches Kanimainac's head with his legs and delivers a Hurricanrana. He rolls through, not really hurt from the move and quickly underhooks The Showstealer and whips him onto his back with an Arm Drag Takedown. Michaels quickly gets back to his feet after that and returns the favour with an Arm Drag of his own. Both men then scramble to their feet and leap into the air simultaneously, both going for a Dropkick. Then hit one another's feet, fall to the mat and then spring back up, standing there staring at one another again as the crowd go wild!

Cedar:
"Now did that look like a snore-fest to you?"

Dennis:
"...touche."

JHalc:
"Oh wonderful, now that we have that out of the way maybe they can work on entertaining me."

Cedar:
"It's great chain wrestling, JHalc."

Dennis:
"Shut up, Cedar! Show some respect..."

JHalc:
"Yawn."

As the crowd continues to cheer for that exchange, both men settle their guard, as they begin to walk around and gather themselves. Both men take another look at one another before racing into the centre of the ring. Then both go for another Collar and Elbow Tie Up, but as they do, Kanimaniac quickly hooks both his feet around both of Michaels legs, tripping him face first in the mat with a Double Drop Toe Hold. Michaels face smashes into the ring, as he loses his legs from under him completely. He instantly checks his nose, as Kanimaniac rolls around and jumps into a seated Side Headlock, pulling away at his face area. Michaels quickly battles out of it and slowly makes it back up to one knee. After sending a couple of left fists into his stomach area, David Michaels then quickly switches to behind Kanimaniac and lifts him into the air, in a Belly-to-Back position but the highly athletic Dragon Tamer flips out of it and lands on his feet behind Michaels, quickly clutching his arms around his waist and driving him forwards. Michaels bounces his chest off the ropes and holds onto the top one with both his arms, sending Kanimaniac rolling backwards into the centre of the ring. Michaels turns round as his opponent charges towards him. Michaels bends down and Back Body Drops him over the ropes, but Kanimaniac lands on the ring apron as Michaels takes a moment to walk into the centre of the ring. Kanimaniac then leaps into the air, courtesy of spring boarding from the top rope and aims for Michaels. But he spots that Michaels ducks out of the way and he manages to land on the mat by rolling, scrambling to his feet as quick as he can. Michaels has since run to the ropes and bounces off of them, running back at his former tag team partner. As Kanimaniac gets to his feet, Michaels jumps into the air and catches him round the head with his legs, twirling around in a Headscissors, before swinging around, grabbing his head and then driving it into the mat with a unbelievable Deja Vu DDT! The crowd goes wild for that crazy exchange of reversals, as Michaels quickly clambers into a Lateral Press.

Kick out!

Cedar:
"Wow, well that was intense! Neither one of them wants to let the other get the advantage."

Dennis:
"I'm begging one of them actually hits something...."

Cedar:
"Did you not just see the DDT?"

Dennis:
"No, because I was far too damn busy being dizzy from all the crap before it. Now if JHalc had have been in that exchange, he would have won that battle instantly by probably just kicking one of them in the skull."

JHalc:
"Sucking up gets so tiresome after the first few times.... I'm trying to pay attention here."

Michaels sits up and catches his breath, as he forgot who athletic and quick Kanimaniac actually is. He then reaches down and goes to grab him by the hair, but Kanimaniac suddenly shoots his right foot upwards and cracks it in his skull. Michaels instantly falls back, dropping to one knee. Kanimaniac then quickly twirls back up to a vertical base, before bounces against the ropes. David gets back up to his feet, but is instantly brought crashing back down with a Running STO from the Dragon Tamer, sweeping at his legs and driving the back of his skull into the mat. Kanimaniac moves into the Lateral Press.

Kick out!

Kanimaniac then gets back up to his feet, adjusting his mask, before checking Michaels is down by pushing at him. He then, in one swift motion, leaps up into the the air, holds onto his legs and delivers a Leg Drop right to his head and neck area, before rolling into another Lateral Press.

Kick out!

Michaels kicks out a second time, before Kanimaniac gets back up and brings his opponent with him, bouncing his head in the corner. He then grabs hold of the top rope and begins to just out right kicks Michaels in the gut a handful of times, before latching onto his arm and whipping him across the ring. Michaels shoots across, but scouts the danger. As he arrives at the corner, he grabs hold of the top ropes and pushes himself up into the air. Kanimaniac was following him in, looking for a Running Clothesline, but instead has to go under the Heartbreak Kid. Michaels lands on his feet, as Kanimaniac puts the break on before nailing the turnbuckles. Kanimaniac stays in the corner, letting Michaels jog in at him. As he does, he Elbows him in the face causing him to stumble back a few feet. Kanimaniac then jumps up onto the second turnbuckle and leaps off, twisting in the air attempting to nail a Cross Body. But Michaels leaps into the air himself and instead Dropkicks Kanimaniac square in the face! The arch on the Dropkick is as close to perfection as one is going to get and the echo around the arena him Michaels boot connecting with Kanimaniac's jaw is also as close as one is going to get to free dental work! He crumbles to the mat, holding his masked face, as Michaels quickly hooks the far leg.

Kick out!

Cedar:
"OH! Right in the face...one...two...shoulder up just before the three!"

Dennis:
"That nearly knocked the mask right off of his head!"

Cedar:
"JHalc, you have to admit, David Michaels has a pretty superb dropkick."

JHalc:
"You're mistaken. I don't have to admit anything."

Dennis:
"HA!"

Michaels sits up, pulling his hair to the back of his head as he looks around thinking about his next move. He then gets back up to his feet and reaches down, holding onto the top of Kanimaniac's mask. He slowly drags him up, as Kanimaniac is rather groggy after that shot, and places him back in the corner. Michaels hits a couple of right fists into the skull of his opponent, warned by the ref to open them up. He holds his arms up to the ref, before deciding to stomp away at The Dragon Tamer's gut instead. He then quickly grabs holds of his head, drags him out of the corner and places him in a Front Face Lock. He then latches onto his tights, pops his hips and quickly lifts him into the air. The fans cheer, as Kanimaniac looks as though he reverses the move as he lands on his feet behind Michaels, but Michaels is the one in control as he suddenly drops down and hits a Neckbreaker! Kani's head smashes off the mat, as he grabs it in pain, before Michaels rolls over and forces his elbow into his hurting head, with the Lateral Press.

Kick out!

As Kanimaniac sits up, David Michaels doesn't give him a moment, as he latches onto his head and positions him in a Rear Chin Lock. Michaels is one one knee and has his opponent in a pretty decent position in the centre of the ring. Kanimaniac is quick to adjust his mask as he struggles in the hold. The Kanimaniac fans begin to chant his name, as he slowly attempts to make his way up to a vertical position. Eventually, he does manage this and begins to nail some elbows into the stomach of Michaels. The grip from Michaels is eventually weakened and Kanimaniac then shoots across the ring and bounces off the ropes. He then dramatically leaps across the ring and actually looks to nail a kneeling Michaels with his favourite Shining Wizard. But David quickly darts out of the way, allowing Kani to fall to the mat. As he gets back up, Michaels then spots his chance to perhaps end this and launches his fight foot into the air. But this time Kani is the one do duck out of the way. He uses his momentum to cahrge to the ropes, leap onto the second one and spring board off of it. This time, it pays off, as he shoots back toward Michaels, grabs his head, swings round and delivers an astonishing DDT! Michaels head goes cracking into the mat, as the crowd leap to the feet in approval and the momentum of Michaels nearly sends him out of the ring! His lower body bounces off the ropes and he lands flat on the mat, out cold. The Dragon Tamer crawls into the cover, hooking the far leg.

Shoulder up!

Kanimaniac sits up and slaps his hands together in frustration, as the crowd begin a "WELCOME BACK!" chant to the clearly not-so-rusty Kanimaniac.

Cedar:
"My God! What a DDT....one....two.......Shoulder up! How Michaels' head is still on after that, I don't know..."

Dennis:
"Well every time Michaels attempts to slow the pace down, Kani speeds it up. Maybe he should retire..."

Cedar:
"What the hell are you talking about, retire?!"

Dennis:
"He's clearly lost it...hey, I got a better idea. JHalc should retires Michaels!"

JHalc:
"You, should retire your relentless brown nosing. I can't believe they actually pay you people."

Kanimaniac then stands up and brings a dazed Michaels with him. He wanders near the corner with him, before picking him up and dropping him down with a Scoop Slam in front of the ropes, near the corner. Kani then takes a few steps back, before running into the corner, landing on the top ropes. He then jumps to his left, allowing his legs to hit the top ropes, which in turn flips him over and he connects with a Moonsault to the Heartbreak Kid! The crowd applauds, as Kanimaniac makes the cover.

Kick out!

Kani then gets back to his feet and thinks about his next move, as he wanders across the ring pulling up his arm pad on his left arm. Michaels slowly crawls over to the corner and pulls himself up, flicking his hair back so it isn't in his eyes. Nova on the outside wanders over to the corner and offers her long time friend some words of encouragement. As David Michaels struggles up to his feet, Kanimaniac sprints across the ring and jumps into the air, connecting with a Corner Splash. Kani then grabs his head and Snapmares him out of the corner. Michaels rolls to the mat and is left sitting up, before he gets a really stiff kick in the back, which is immediately followed up by a a Knife Edge Chop to the top of his spine! David clenches his back in pain,as Kani then backs into the corner behind Michaels, before running out, grabbing his hair and leaping over him. As he lands on the other side of Michaels, he whiplashes his head and neck back with a Neck Whip. Kanimaniac then twirls around up to his feet, with his arms out either side as he crouches down a little. Michaels holds the back of his neck, as he uses the ropes to struggle back to his feet. As he stumbles back up and turns around, he walks right into Kani, who picks him up from the side and drops him down on his knee, with a Side Backbreaker. Michaels yells out, as he's then leaned upon with a Lateral Press.

Shoulder up!

Before David can even think about his recovery, Kanimaniac kneels up and pushes Michaels over, before wrapping his arms around his waste and locking in a Bear Hug tightly around the back. Kani has a great grip locked in, as Michaels tries to sit up and attempts to unlock those hands. However, Kanimaniac applies great pressure, forcing his opponent back down onto his side as the ref asks if he wants to give up.

Cedar:
"Now Kanimaniac appears to be targeting the back of David Michaels here, as he has that Bear Hug locked in pretty much perfectly I'd say Adam."

Dennis:
"What he's trying to do here is drain the life out of Michaels. So suck away his energy, you take away his high risk element. But you said it's pretty much perfectly locked on. Now if JHalc had that Bear Hug in, I know for SURE he would have it locked in to perfection."

Cedar:
"Would you please stop licking the rear end of JHalc? It's getting tedious..."

JHalc:
"Hey, woah...woah...woah! Not so fast. Talking down to him is my thing now. However, even you have to admit if I was in that ring against Michaels tonight, we would be witnessing something much more interesting than a bear hug."

Cedar:
"Now it's you who are mistaken. I don't have to admit anything."

JHalc:
"Why do you have to trample all over my feelings like that? What did I ever do to you? I come out to join you at the table and all you do is try to cut me down. I'm literally crying on the inside."

Dennis:
"Yeah...shut up Cedar, you idiot!"

JHalc:
"Oh knock it off already! You're becoming an annoyance."

Cedar:
"Well anyway...Michaels is slowly getting back up to his feet here, with Kani refusing to let go of the Bear Hug..."

Michaels is now slowly getting back up to his feet. He swings from side to side while sitting up, eventually getting enough momentum to get his feet underneath him. Kanimaniac tries to dead weight it, but to no avail. Michaels is now back up to his feet, to the delight of Nova and half of the fans. As he gets back to his feet, Michaels begins to attempt to unlock The Dragon Tamer's grip, which is far easier said than done. After a few seconds of trying, Michaels decides that doing it like he is is impossible. So he looks up and spots the turnbuckle. He then charges forwards, bringing Kani with him and climbs up the turnbuckles. He then, using his leg strength, pushes back on the top one and flips over Kani, breaking the grip on him and lands on his feet. Michaels then simply shoves Kani forwards, thrusting him into the corner. Kani turns around and leans in the corner, watching as Michaels runs at him. Kanimaniac lifts his leg up and smacks into Michaels face. David stumbles backwards back to the centre of the ring, holding his face, as Kani gathers himself before shooting out of the corner, but Michaels catches him off guard and delivers a giant Belly-to-Belly Throw! Kanimaniac goes flying across the ring, landing near the opposite corner he just came from. Michaels then slowly pulls himself back up to his feet and leans on his knees, stalking his opponent while he slowly gets back up too. Once he eventually does, Michaels pounces as his back will allow him by kicking his former partner in the gut. Afterwards he then bounces off the ropes and runs back in at Kani, jumping in the air and then bringing his right leg down across his head driving it into the mat, with the Fameasser! The crowd is split with cheers and boos for the receptive superstars, as Michaels pushes Kani over and hooks the far leg.

Shoulder up!

Michaels sits up and looks a little annoyed at the ref, holding up three fingers believing that should have got the win there. He pulls his hair to the back of his head once more, which is now starting to be rather sweaty and gets back up to his feet. Michaels then picks Kanimaniac up and pulls him into the middle of the ring, before lifting him up and Scoop Slamming him down to the mat. He then heads over to the ropes and spots JHalc on commentary. When JHalc looks up at him, the Heartbreak Kid points at him before giving him a dignified chop of the crotch region, which delights the fans. JHalc stands up, irate at the disrespect he's being shown, as Michaels climbs onto the apron and heads for the top turnbuckle.

JHalc:
"Yeah, typical Degenerate nobody...come on! I'm ready to go...thought not."

Cedar:
"Would you please sit down, JHalc?"

Dennis:
"Don't tell him to sit down you idiot. He can do as he pleases!"

JHalc:
"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot you were in charge of what I did Cedar."

Cedar:
"I'm not, sir, but I just want to keep everything calm out here."

Dennis:
"No you don't, don't lie! You're just trying to bring him down..."

JHalc:
"...and you're actually bringing me down by still riding me."

The crowd continues to cheer, as Michaels heads to the top turnbuckle while Kani is still laying in the centre of the ring. As Michaels holds onto the ropes, gaining his balance, he slowly rises up and is ready to nail his Elbow Drop. But Kani suddenly gets to his feet and dives to the ropes. He collides with the top rope, causing it to shake and knock Michaels off from the top! The crowd cringes as The Showstealer splits his legs across the top turnbuckle and he yells out in pain. The Dragon Tamer leans on the ropes, catching his breath as he looks over and sees the result of his work. He then slowly regains his footing without the need for the ropes and heads over to that corner. He hits a hard Knife Edge Chop to Michaels chest region, following it up with a second before climbing up to the top rope himself. The crowd rise to their feet, as Kani means business here. Michaels is too busy still feeling the affects of loosing his footing, while Kanimaniac struggles to pull him up to his height on the top. Eventually, in a Front Facelock position, Kani has his opponent right where he wants him - both standing on the top turnbuckle! The crowd hold their breath, as Kanimaniac then pulls back and lifts Michaels up and both men go flying backwards, down to the ring. The Dragon Tamer hits The Showstealer with a gigantic Superplex, with both men crashing to the mat extremely hard! Both bounce off with tremendous force and are down and out, with Michaels completely motionless once the ring stabilises!

Cedar:
"...my God the height....SUPERPLEX! Both men hits the mat with unbelievable force!"

Dennis:
"That was crazy high."

JHalc:
"...are we still hitting basic moves? I thought we past that stage ten minutes ago..."

Cedar:
"Well it may have been basic, JHalc, but it was very effective."

JHalc:
"Yeah, real affective...now both men are out."

Dennis:
"You would have done it better. JHalc..."

JHalc:
"You just don't take a hint, do you?"

Both men are hurting from that move by Kani, with him not being able to capitalise. Both men slowly try and struggle to their feet, with Michaels falling down to his knees several times before he manages to land on the second ropes with one of them. Kani has since clambered to his feet too and wanders over to Michaels. Michaels attempts to fend him off, with a couple of weak boots to the gut, but when he goes to hit a wild right hand, Kanimaniac ducks underneath it and latches onto the arm. He then pops his hip and tosses David over his head, nailing him with a Half Nelson Release Suplex! His head hits the mat in a very awkward way, with his whole body folding over and the weight flowing to the top of his spine. Kani then reaches over and pulls him down, hooking the far leg.

Shoulder up!

Kanimaniac is now the one wondering how he didn't get the three count there, as he starts to shown signs of frustration for the first time in the match. But nevertheless, he gets back up to his feet and watches at Michaels is now seriously struggling with his neck. Kani stands next to the ropes, measuring his opponent in his mind as he readjusts the tightness of his mask. Michaels isn't getting up with an speed, as continues to hold onto the back of his neck with his left arm. However, he slowly makes it back up and Kanibursts across the ring. As he nears him, Michaels ducks at the last moment and shoots across the ring himself, both men bouncing off the two sets of opposing ropes. The Showstealer ducks under a Clothesline attempt from Kani and both men rebound off the ropes again. This time, as they run back in, both men gain the same idea and leap into the air simultaneously. Both men collide in the centre of the ring, smashing into one another with Flying Crossbodies! Both men thud to the floor, as the crowd look away as the impact is just simply unreal! Both lay on the mat, out cold. The crowd are now starting playing a massive tug of war between their two favourites, with half chanting "DRA-GON TA-MER!" and the other instantly replying with "HBK!". The atmosphere, as a result, is simply fantastic right about now.

Cedar:
"...and both men are down from that tremendous collision, while the crowd are really behind both men!"

Dennis:
"One of them must have broken ribs..."

JHalc:
"Speaking of ribs, I could go for some of them right about now..."

Cedar:
"Oh come on now, JHalc. There is no need to be that disrespectful."

JHalc:
"Why? I thought you liked ribs? You've changed, Cedar...and shut up, Adam. Don't agree with me."

Dennis:
"I agr...oh..."

The crowd continue to pull for their guy, as both men lay there showing little signs of life and the referee begins his mandatory count. Both men are starting to feel the wear and tear of this match, as they both lay their on their backs staring up at the bright lights pouring down upon them from the arena ceiling. The ref is now at five, with neither man showing signs of movement. Nova is on the side of the ring Michaels is laying, leaning under the bottom rope encouraging him to fight through the pain. Once the ref gets to the count of seven, both men finally begin to slowly show they have life left in them. Kani rolls over onto all fours, while Michaels slowly attempts to sit up. Both men crawl to opposite ropes, pulling themselves up, as the fans continue to rage war between themselves chanting their names. Both men, eventually, make it to their feet using the ropes to do so. They both turn around and spot the other. They know each other very well. They have been enemies and the best of friends. They have been opponents and tag team partners. They also share the constant will to win. Both men grunt as they manage to find the strength the launch forwards. Kani gains the upper hand, grabbing Michaels arm and then flinging him backwards with a Japanese Arm Drag. Michaels lands on his back, before the pair slowly get back up. Michaels stupidly swings his right arm at Kani looking for a Clothesline, but it's ducked and as Michaels swings around after missing, his arms are caught and The Dragon Tamer drops down to his knees and gets Michaels in the Backslide Pin.

Kick out!

Both men get to their feet as quickly as their bodies will allow them. As Kani turns around, Michaels quickly latches onto his head and leg, rolling him down into a Small Package pin.

Kick out!

Both men then scramble to their feet. Michaels goes for another wild right punch, but it's ducked once again. This time, Kanimaniac swings round with him and catches both the arms of Michaels. Back to back, both men are locked in and are now struggling to gain the advantage. Both pull forwards as much as they can, determined not to be the one he goes down to the mat for the pin. Eventually Kanimaniac gets the better of him and bends over, lifting Michaels up off the mat as he does. Michaels then decides to flip out of it and lands on his feet in front of the bending Kanimaniac, but stumbles back a few feet in the process. Then, as Kanimaniac stands back up straight, David Michaels side steps in and shoots his right boot up into the air, aiming for Kanimaniac's masked chin with his favoured Superkick. But to the astonishment of the crowd, Kanimaniac manages to reverse it by grabbing his leg. He then pushes it to one side, swinging Michaels around and as he twists, Kani catches him from behind and picks him up in the Torture Rack position - he's going for his Burning Hammer finisher! The camera flashes shoot off, but they don't get the result that was wanted, as Michaels recognises the danger and wriggles free landing behind him. Michaels tumbles backwards, as Kanimanianc turns around. Kani then runs back at his opponent, only for Michaels to suddenly shoot both of his feet forward and Dropkick his left knee right at it's joint. Kani's left knee jolts forwards then backwards in a ridiculously painful manner, after which he rolls on the mat holding it while screaming out in pain. Michaels takes a moment to sit up, as the fans applaud the exchanges between the two men. He pulls his hair back once more, before getting back up to his feet and walking over to Kani. Michaels then jumps into the air and stomps down on the knee as hard as he can. Kani tries to bat him away, but it doesn't work. The Heartbreak Kid has opened a weakness at last in his long time friend. Now he's going to exploit it like nobody else can.

Cedar:
[i]"Michaels now stomping away at that injured left knee. I have to say, Adam, that Dropkick really bent it in a bad way."

Dennis:
"Yeah, it looked pretty nasty. As Kanimaniac's leg hit the mat, that's when Michaels connected with the Dropkick and it could have very easily broken his leg in that sort of position. I'm surprised it isn't, frankly..."

JHalc:
"Well it's about time some aggression was shown. I was getting tired of this respectful crap."

Michaels, with Nova approving on the outside, really begins to go to town on the knee stomping at it continuously like his life depended on it. As the ref goes to ask if Kanimaniac gives up, an answer isn't even allowed to be given as Michaels picks the knee up and drops his left Elbow directly into it. Kani yells out in pain, as Michaels gets straight back up and delivers a second Elbow Drop to the side of the knee. A pain riddled Kanimaniac sits up and punches Michaels in the side, but receives a stiff Elbow in the side of the head for his troubles. David then, with clear aggression in his eyes, drags his leg over to the ropes and rests it on the bottom one. He then holds onto the top rope whilst placing his left foot on the leg of Kani. He then bounces up and down a bit, before springboard off of Kani's leg and dropping down across his knee with a Seated Senton. Kanimaniac clutches onto his leg in tremendous pain, trying to loosen the knee pad that tightly wrapped around it under his tights. Michaels then, relentlessly, grabs a hold of the left leg again and yanks back at it, causing more pain, before placing it on the bottom rope once more. He does the same motion again, bouncing up into the air and dropping his lower body onto the knee with another Seated Senton. The ref then decides to intervene, as Michaels is using the ropes illegally. The ref pushes him back, to which David raises both his arms in innocence and leans on the ropes adjacent to where he just was. Kanimaniac shoves the ref away, refusing to quit, as he crawls across the ring holding his leg in agony. Michaels now begins to stalk his masked opponent, readying his next move, as Kani hobbles to his feet. The Dragon Tamer is in massive amounts of pain, as he place barely any weight on the leg. As he gets up, this causes him to suddenly stumbles backwards and directly into Michaels grip, who grabs him from the side, holds onto his left leg and lifts him up before dropping him down across his right knee in a Shin Breaker. But Kanimaniac isn't allowed to fall to the floor, because before he even remotely can, Michaels keeps a holds of the left knee, wraps his own left leg around the back of it and then surges forwards. Kanimaniac is forced onto his back, as David Michaels rolls through, bringing Kani along with him. Michaels rolls into a seated position and Kani is rolled onto his stomach. Michaels then, with his leg still wrapped around Kanimaniac's injured left leg, holds onto it and pulls his whole body back. He has the Calf Killer locked in to the amazement of the crowd!

Cedar:
"And...wow...David Michaels has the Calf Killer locked in! I don't think I've ever seen Michaels use that move before in my life! Kanimaniac is screaming in pain, as the ref asks if he wants to give it up!"

Dennis:
"Bloody hell, that looks painful!"

JHalc:
"Finally, ol' Davey Boy decides he wants to hurt someone. Should have done this fifteen minutes ago."

The crowd are, once again, torn with this devastating hold locked in. Half are trying to chant Kani's name, while the other half (which is much more prominent) is chanting "TAP! TAP! TAP!" expecting to see that right hand of Kanimaniac's hit that mat. Michaels pulls back on the leg with almost borderline violence, as his expression has now turned into one of determination to make this man tap the hell out! Kanimaniac tries to crawl around, reaching for the ropes. But Michaels has him perfectly in the centre of the ring, meaning that any rope break will come with some hard work. The ref continues to ask if Kani wants to give up, but the former XWA World Heavyweight Champion simply refuses to do so. He then grabs at the canvas, almost placing imaginary claws into the thing and drags himself forwards. Michaels, with his teeth clenched, pulls back on the leg even harder, making himself as heavy as possible. But Kanimaniac then puts his other hand into the mat and drags himself forward another foot, now just inches away from the ropes. The fans are pretty much spent at this point, but continue to chant for both men regardless. Michaels pulls as far back as his body allows on the leg, but Kanimaniac drags himself forwards one last time and manages to just grab the bottom rope with his right arm! His fans explode in cheers, as Michaels' fans respond with boos. The ref then counts to four, before David Michaels lets go of his new found submission hold that clearly has some deadly effects. Michaels slowly gets back to his feet and looks at Nova, who claps at him in approval. He then looks up at the crowd, before looking back down at his fallen opponent. A grin then gradually appears across The Showstealer's sweat ridden face, as he methodically walks backwards into the corner opposite where Kanimaniac is struggling. Michaels then leans in the corner, as the crowd know what's coming now. He holds onto the top rope to his left and raises his right leg, before crashing it down into the mat. The stomps are slowly, paced for destruction. Planned for the end and signal it's beginning. Kanimaniac slowly pulls himself up using the ropes, but falls back down several times with his injured knee. Slowly, purely due to having the heart of a champion, he makes it to his feet and hobbles backwards out of the corner he was in. He then slowly stumbles around, as he hears the stomps from his opponent become quicker and louder. He then spots his former partner side stepping in towards him and launching that missile of a right foot up into the air, looking to connect with the sweetest of Sweet Chin Musics. But somehow, some way, the never quitting Kanimaniac manages to just duck underneath the leg and catches him as he swings round. From behind, he quickly grabs Michaels' left leg, from behind, with his right arm. Then, as he pops his hips and lifts him up, he latches onto the back of his head with his left arm. The crowd suddenly get to their feet, as Kanimaniac twists around, just about holding Michaels up while hobbling with his hurting left leg, and drops David Michaels right down on his head with a truly sickening Burning Hammer, known as the Year of the Dragon! The Kanimaniac fans go wild, as their hero damn near breaks Michaels neck with his finishing move! Michaels lays on his side, his whole body bent over from the move, as he holds onto the back of his neck with both hands. The ref instantly checks on him, as he looks really hurt here. Kanimaniac is also laid out flat, his knee still causing him terrible pain.

Cedar:
"OH MY GOD! Do you see that?! Michaels' neck may be broken clean in half here!"

Dennis:
"I think he's dead!"

Cedar:
"I've never seen a Burning Hammer delivered like that."

Dennis:
"I think what made it worse was the fact Kanimaniac was actually struggling to hold him up due to his injured leg, so he dropped him down in an even worse way."

JHalc:
"Well, maybe Kanimaniac just did my job perfectly without me having to do a damn thing..."

Cedar:
"...and what job was that, exactly?"

JHalc:
"Ending this fool's career."

Cedar:
"Are you crazy?!"

JHalc:
"....errrrmmmm...why yes! Yes I am, sir."

Dennis:
"HA! Didn't expect that answer did ya', Cedar, ya' goofball?!"

JHalc:
"Crazy people don't like suck ups..."

As the crowd is still electric, despite being exhausted, Kanimaniac can be seen in shot looking up through his mask as he lays on his back. Michaels has since flopped on his back and is almost passed out from the pain in his neck, which is causing considerable worry for Nova on the outside. The Dragon Tamer then slowly rolls onto his stomach and crawl over to his opponent, pulling himself over his body and hooking the far leg as much as he possibly can.

SHOULDER UP!

David Michaels' left shoulder barely shoots up at the very last possible moment, as the fans give off another crazy reaction because of it! Kanimaniac sits up and can't quite believe he just kicked out of that, but the fact he didn't get the pin on right away may have just gave him that small chance he needed to kick out. The fans have now given up fighting with one another and have just decided to declare that "THIS IS AWESOME!" and are loving every second of it. Kanimaniac pulls his left pant leg up and pulls down the knee pad that restricting the blood flow, which he was trying to do earlier. This instantly helps the pain in his knee out, but not by much. Kanimaniac then pulls his pant leg back down and reaches over to the ropes, pulling himself back up. He takes a few moments to catch his breath and realise he really can't put much weight at all on that knee - picking Michaels up pretty much finished that idea off! He then unties his mask at the bottom, so it isn't hurting his chin.

Cedar:
"Well Kani really can't stay on that leg for too long, so he needs to finish this one off."

Dennis:
"Yeah, it looks as though that Calf Killer really wrecked it."

Cedar:
"Kanimaniac now sizing up his ne...wait, where the hell are you going?!"

JHalc:
"Sorry gentlemen. This match is a little boring for my taste, so it's time to inject a little chaos. CYA!"

Cedar:
"Wait...stop!"

Dennis:
"Urgh, now you've done it Cedar..."

The crowd then turn their attention to JHalc, who leaves the broadcast area with a thud from his headset being thrown to the table. He then quickly stomps around the table and shoves the time keeper out of his chair, grabbing it with anger. He slams it shut and then wanders over to the ring, threatening to whack Nova with the thing as he does. She, as fast as her heels allow, races around the ring and away from the mad man known as JHalc, who is now on the apron and climbing into the ring. JHalc, once in the ring, raises the chair above his head and goes to hit Michaels but the ref jumps in front of him and shoves him back. JHalc looks furious, as the ref plays a tug of war with him with the chair. The two men pull back and forth with the chair, with JHalc eventually winning the tussle pushing the ref down onto his knees. But the referee isn't letting this bout end with a stupid and needless disqualification and gets back to his feet, jumping in front of the enraged Jack of Hearts once more! Kanimaniac watches on at the other side of the ring, not at all impressed, but his knee is hurting too much for him to give as much of a damn as he'd normally wish too. As the ref screams at JHalc some more, The Main Event finally agrees to not use the chair and tosses it in the corner to his left, raising his arms in the air after he does. The ref looks at the chair, knowing he has to make sure it's cleared, but yells at JHalc to get out of the ring before he does. Of course, as the ref goes over to the chair, this doesn't happen in the slightest and JHalc then reaches into the pocket of his short pants and pulls out a chain, wrapping it around his right hand as he does. Michaels is now back up onto one knee, as JHalc stands with his back to him smiling at the chain knowing he's about to knock his head off! However, the plan backfires miserably, for as JHalc finally gets the chain around his fist, he looks up and...MIST! GREEN MIST! The crowd roars, as Kanimaniac twirls around and shoots a deadly stinging Green Mist directly into the eyes of JHalc! JHalc drops to his knees, before quickly stumbling over to the ropes, clutching his green painted face and falling through the ropes to the apron. Kanimaniac wipes away the remaining Green Mist from his mouth, as he stares at a pain filled JHalc not happy he tried to ruin this match. Kani then looks at Michaels, who is still holding his neck but is managing to get back to his feet. Kanimaniac then wanders over to the ropes and climbs through them, standing on the apron. He sizes David up and holds onto the top rope, before jumping up onto the top one. He then spring boards off the top one, surely going for a deadly Shiningg Wizard from the top...but then a blinded JHalc, who was kneeling down on the same apron, surges forwards and smacks the chain into the back of Kanimaniac! The crowd are stunned, as JHalc falls off the apron and down to the floor, holding his face from the stinging mist and the ref didn't see a thing. But Kanimaniac looses his balance and falls off the top rope. As he does, he flies directly into some Sweet Chin Music, with the smack from Michaels boot nearly knocking Kani's head clean off and the sounds blasting around the area like a gun shot! The crowd are a little confused and don't know what to make of any of this, as Kanimaniac lay on the mat out cold and Michaels laying down on his side holding his neck. The referee, after taking an eternity to remove a bloody chair from the ring, finally turns round and sees a battered and broken David Michaels placing his left arm across the chest of a fallen Dragon Tamer. The ref drops down to his knees to make the pin, as the crowd join in with the count.

3!

DING...DING...DING!!!

Watts:
"Here is your winner...The Showstealer...DAVIDDDDD MICHAELSSSSSSS!!!"

Cedar:
"What the hell just happened?!"

Dennis:
"I...eerrrrmmm...what?!"

Cedar:
"Well Michaels gets the the three after the inadvertent assist, surely, from JHalc!"

Dennis:
"I need to see a replay of this, because this makes zero sense to me..."

Cedar:
"Well, I'm not su...well here it is. As you can see, JHalc brings the chair into the ring...the ref plays tug of war with him...JHalc finally throws the chair away, which detracts the referee....he then pulls a chain out and wraps it around his hand...before..."

Dennis:
"...before the idiot Kanimaniac Mists the hell out of his poor eyes!"

Cedar:
"Well he deserved that, frankly, as he had no business in the match...but here you see Kanimaniac going to springboard off the top ro...ahhh...you know what?! I think JHalc, who was plainly struggling on the ring apron, felt someone jump onto the top rope and just presumed it was Michaels. So he lashed out and whacked him in the back, but he actually nailed Kani!"

Dennis:
"Dammit! What the hell was he thinking?!"

Nova climbs into the ring, as the ref kneels down and slowly raises Michaels right arm into the air. Michaels isn't looking that triumphant, as we then see JHalc clambering up the entrance ramp still trying to wipe that Green Mist from his eyes. Eventually, he snatches a drink from a fan in the front row and pours it over his face, managing to regain some sort of vision back. Suddenly, as he stands back up straight, he realises that David Michaels' music is playing in the background and he green stained face can not believe it! He looks up and sees the ref raising Michaels arm in the ring and he thumps the steel ramp in fury - his plan backfired again! Nova and the ref help Michaels up, who is feeling really dizzy from that Burning Hammer earlier. The ref raises his arm once more, before Michaels stumbles to the ropes in front of the ramp and leans on the top one. Then, he spots the replay of the finish on the giant titantron and looks on. His whole persona sinks, as he just realises he got a tainted victory, not something he actually wants. He looks round at Kani on the mat, who is now on his side holding his knee again. Michaels then turns back round and looks at JHalc on the ramp who is still throwing a fit for Michaels getting the victory.

Cedar:
"Well Michaels certainly doesn't look best pleased after seeing the replay. He had no idea JHalc cracked Kani in the back like that."

Dennis:
"The guy gets a victory and he's still friggin' complaining? God, this guy is too much to believe..."

Cedar:
"Well not everyone is an underhanded jackass like you..."

Dennis:
"HEY!"

Cedar:
"...shut up! Next up ladies and gentlemen is the Lone Wolf match for the RSD Title..."

Dennis:
"..I hate you, Cedar, you fat fu--"

Adam Dennis is cut off before he takes the PPV off the air completely, but we are left with the closing image of a broken Michaels kneeling down next to Kanimaniac, as he stares up the entrance ramp at the PO'd JHalc...
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: ??? vs. David Michaels   ??? vs. David Michaels EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:44 am

Dennis: What the hell is this bull crap? He’s fired!

The bell rings, and Kanimaniac and David Michaels stand across the ring from each other. Michaels, wearing a shocked expression on his face, weighs up his former tag team partner and current adversary. 6 months ago, the two were tag team champions, but now they stand as opponents. Michaels approaches Kanimaniac and attempts to engage with him, perhaps in an attempt to ask him why he came back the way he did. Kanimaniac, on the other hand, will have none of it. Not so much out of a lack of respect but more of a determination. Kanimaniac is clearly here to wrestle, and Michaels is going to have to leave pleasantries until later.

Cedar: Well! Here we go, ladies and gentlemen! We are about to see these two former champions and partners lock up in The Dragon Tamer’s return match. He’s been gone for a while, and David Michaels is fresh off a win at Vendetta. You have to favour him in this match.

Dennis: That might be true. Personally, I hope that they take each other apart, but I hope that Michaels makes sure that this guy stays in the unemployment line!

Kanimaniac stands and adjusts his mask and his wrist tape, his motions hurried, but also measured; the eagerness of the masked man bleeding through his black and gold attire. Michaels, sporting his classic red attire, shifts from foot to foot nervously. Still unsure of how to handle the situation, Michaels is going to bring his best in the situation. The fans in the arena begin to duel with chants, with just a fraction more for the returning Kanimaniac; the sudden exit and the mysterious return causing a buzz throughout the XWA faithful. Finally, after a period of the two standing in silent conflict, it’s time to have the two men face-off and see who will come up victorious.

Michaels makes the first move, extending a hand out to Kanimaniac as a sign of respect. Kanimaniac looks Michaels in the eye for a moment, and then walks forward to greet the handshake. As he extends his hand, however, Michaels grabs his wrist and attempts to pull Kanimaniac in to a wristlock. As Michaels spins under Kanimaniac’s arm, though, Kanimaniac rolls through with Michaels immediately, getting to his feet and standing in front of HBK, not even allowing him to get the hold on. Michaels smirks and shrugs, figuring it’d be worth getting the jump on Kanimaniac. The Dragon Tamer simply stands there, emotionless. The Heartbreak Kid then slaps his arms, looking to attempt a collar and elbow tie up. Just as Kanimaniac looks to lunge to meet the tie up, he ducks under Michaels’ arms and attempts a rear waistlock. However, just as Kanimaniac had done before him, Michaels drops down and rolls on to his back to escape. Michaels then hooks his legs up under Kanimaniac’s arms and rolls him up for an early pin attempt.

Cedar: Michaels was quick as a cat with that one! Look a this pin attempt already.

Kanimaniac quickly rolls through the hold, however, getting back to his feet. The two men are clearly showing the other that they can match the other’s crafty ways. Kanimaniac spins around, still very focused on the match, not letting any emotion crack through. Michaels rolls back on to his feet and then taps his temple, perhaps firing the first psychological shot on Kanimaniac. The Dragon Tamer then suddenly rushes towards The Showstealer and spins around with a heel kick, which is ducked by Michaels. HBK replies with an attempted dropkick, which, too, misses it’s mark. Kanimaniac parries the attack, sending Michaels to his belly, then attempts to connect with a double footed stomp on to the back of Michaels. HBK rolls out of the way, seeing Kanimaniac miss his target, then immediately have to jump to avoid a low sweeping kick from Michaels, who is still on the ground. Michaels attempts to get to his feet, only to have Kanimaniac attempt to clobber him with a snapping roundhouse kick, prompting his worthy adversary to get down to his back and kip up to his feet, just as The Dragon Tamer turns around to face him, the momentum of the roundhouse turning his body. HBK swings with a right hand, but The Dragon Tamer ducks out of the way, and attempts a spinning wheel kick to Michaels. He misses, as Michaels rolls under it, and Kanimaniac manages to land on his feet, just in time for Michaels to run at him with a clothesline. Kanimaniac rolls underneath the attempt, and as Michaels turns, he parries a quick dropkick from his opponent. Kanimaniac drops to the floor, but is quick to his feet again, in time for him to return the favour for Michaels, pushing a dropkick out of his path and sending HBK to his stomach. HBK doesn’t have time to rest, though, as the former King of Xtreme bears down with him with fierce stomps. HBK dodges one. Two. A third one is caught, and Michaels pushes Kanimaniac back to get some breathing room. HBK quickly kips up and tries to snap off a sudden Sweet Chin Music, just missing Kanimaniac by a fraction! The Dragon Tamer catches the foot of Michaels and spins him around, then attempts to hit a Shining Wizard! Michaels frantically ducks the attempt, in effect making Kanimaniac leap frog him. Suddenly, Michaels spins back again and fires off another Sweet Chin Music, but finds Kanimaniac rolling under it! The Dragon Tamer springs to his feet and leaps back for an attempted Pele-style kick, but finds nothing but mat. Winded slightly, Kanimaniac stays on the mat, and Michaels takes the opportunity to snap off an uncharacteristic standing moonsault on Kanimaiac! Only, he catches Kanimaniac rolling away at the last second, causing him to land on his feet. Michaels spins around again to see Kanimaniac on one knee, staring a hole right through him. The crowd absolutely explodes.

Cedar: Oh my goodness, look at the speed of these two men! We’re in for a good one tonight, folks!

Fuelled by the energy kicked off by the crowd, the two men charge at each other in a furious lock up. HBK manages to get the early advantage, putting Kanimaniac in to a wristlock. Michaels then manages to get Kanimaniac in a headlock, squeezing him tightly in an attempt to stop the wild strikes from the masked man. Michaels drops to a knee, putting more leverage on the hold, and trying to wear down his opponent. Kanimaniac briefly struggles with the hold, but then manages to feed his hands through on to Michaels and turn the headlock in to a hammerlock by breaking HBK’s hands apart, positioning Kanimaniac behind Michaels. HBK swings his free arm back to distract Kanimaniac, and while he makes him flinch slightly from the elbow, he reaches between his legs and sweeps one of his opponent’s, putting Kanimaniac on his back. Not wasting any time, Michaels then turns to get down on Kanimaniac and puts him in another headlock, this time tucking Kanimaniac’s chin into his armpit. The change in leverage makes the hold more effective on the ground, as Michaels can put his weight on Kanimaniac’s head. The Dragon Tamer struggles against the hold, but realises that it is pointless to try to push out with his arms. Instead, he swings his hips up, which allows him to wrap his legs around HBK’s neck, pulling him back and into a neck lock, releasing himself from the headlock. Michaels knows he can’t stay here too long. If there’s one thing he has learned over the years, it’s that those strong legs of Kanimaniac aren’t only good for the Shining Wizard. They can choke a man out quickly. The Showstealer then quickly gets into a headstand position and kicks his way out of the hold before Kanimaniac can get it in too tight. Back on his feet now, Michaels jumps at the opportunity to connect with a lightning fast dropkick to the chest of his seated opponent.

Dennis: OK, I’ll admit, that was pretty cool.

Cedar: I think ‘pretty cool’ is probably doing a disservice to these two fantastic atheletes.

Kanimaniac briefly rolls on the mat, holding his chest from the sudden impact, the wind almost being knocked out of him. Michaels stands up and absorbs the applause from the audience, who are very impressed by his prowess. The Dragon Tamer gets up to his knee and holds on to the second rope, almost leaning on it, and looks into Michaels’ eyes from across the ring. HBK flashes a cocky grin, holding his arms out to his sides nonchalantly. The masked warrior springs up to his feet and meets Michaels in the centre of the ring in another lock up. The two competitors jostle for position, pushing and pulling against each other. Kanimaniac manages to get a bit of an advantage, pushing HBK into the corner. The Dragon Tamer pushes Michaels against the turnbuckle, prompting the referee to order him to break the hold. However, just as both men break the hold, raising their hands to signify this, Kanimaniac takes Michaels down with a quick arm drag in to an arm bar, wrenching against the joint and planting his knee into Michaels’ ribs for better leverage. The Dragon Tamer pulls Michaels’ arm, working on the elbow joint and the bicep, stretching the ligament and muscle tissue in an attempt to weaken it and wear down The Showstealer. Michaels struggles against the hold, The Dragon Tamer’s knee somewhat restricting his breathing as well, making the hold more uncomfortable than it already is. The arm bends more and more in an unnatural direction, causing Michaels to curse and grit his teeth through the pain, and causing him to reach up to The Dragon Tamer and attempt to strike to free himself from the hold.

After about 20 seconds in the hold, HBK manages to connect with a strike to the face of his opponent, relieving the pressure on the hold and allowing Michaels to get to his feet and afford him some time to hit Kanimaniac in the face with an elbow strike, then a swift snapmare takedown in to a rear chin lock, Michaels now in control of his opponent. With a slightly worn down arm, The Showstealer attempts to wear down the neck of Kanimaniac, a very delicate situation for him to be in, as Michaels has his knee planted into the upper spine of his opponent and uses it as a fulcrum to apply an uncomfortable amount of pressure on the neck. The Dragon Tamer writhes in discomfort under the hold, perhaps thankful that he worked on Michaels’ arm shortly before, ensuring that Michaels couldn’t get his full strength behind it. Kanimaniac tries to shift himself to escape the hold, but the veteran Michaels ensures that he stays exactly where he is, much like what The Dragon Tamer did to him. Kanimaniac is going to have to find a way to break this hold before Michaels breaks his neck.

The masked marvel looks around to see how close he is to the ring ropes, and evaluate whether he can reach a foot out to it. He attempts to wave his foot towards it, but it is to no avail, as Michaels pulls Kanimaniac back and puts him on his stomach. The Showstealer plants his knee in to The Dragon Tamer’s back again and locks him in another chinlock, this time getting a lot more leverage on his opponent. Kanimaniac groans under the stress of the hold, feeling the tight pull of his neck restricting his breathing slightly. The fans in the arena begin to chant for Kanimaniac to power out of the hold. This seems to help Kanimaniac somewhat, as he begins to push up against Michaels, trying to alleviate the pressure. Somehow, he manages to get some space between the mat and himself, and rolls to his side to escape the hold, HBK letting go and rolling to the side as well, choosing not to attempt to keep the hold on. Kanimaniac gets to his feet somewhat groggily and holding his neck from the hold. He can’t afford to let his guard down, though. HBK comes at him again, and this time locks in a cravat, wrenching the head again and attempting to blight The Dragon Tamer further. Michaels attempts to force his opponent to a knee, but this time Kanimaniac connects with a massive forearm strike to the kidney of HBK, sending a blinding jolt of pain through Michaels’ body as a result of the strike on the sensitive organ. The Dragon Tamer holds his neck again, trying to shake off the weakness that resulted from the hold. Nevertheless, Kanimaniac does his best to refocus, in time to be dropped by a clothesline from Michaels, followed quickly by HBK grabbing The Dragon Tamer by the head and pulling him to his feet. Michaels wrings Kanimaniac’s arm and drops him with a stiff short arm clothesline, looking to take advantage of the neck of his masked opponent. Kanimaniac falls to his back and immediately goes back to his neck, feeling the effects of the brutal shot.

HBK shakes his arm out from the strike, still feeling some residual effects of Kanimaniac’s handy work from before. Unlike Kanimaniac, Michaels won’t take his time to recover, as he goes straight back to The Dragon Tamer and picks him up again. Without missing a beat, Michaels hooks Kanimaniac into a snap suplex, attempting to drive the air out of The Dragon Tamer, then floats over and covers Kanimaniac.

Kickout!

Dennis: So close for Michaels, but not close enough!

Michaels sits up and brushes his hair back in to a ponytail, before letting it fall back. He looks over at Kanimaniac, who is stirring on the mat holding his neck with one hand. He shifts himself to the ropes and uses them to pull him up, but is met by Michaels who plants a kick right into his side, making him double over from the quick jolt of pain. Michaels pushes Kanimaniac up against the ropes and chops his chest, sending a resounding clap through the air, followed by a chorus of ‘Woo!’ from the audience. The Dragon Tamer clutches his chest and grits his teeth from the stinging pain of the knife-edge chop. HBK doesn’t stop there, though. He pushes Kanimaniac back up so he has a clear shot at his chest and connects with another lightning fast chop to the chest, this one seemingly more venomous than the last. As Kanimaniac doubles over again from the shot, Michaels pushes him up yet again and whips him from one side of the ring to the other side. The Dragon Tamer runs to the ropes, still feeing some residual pain from the chops. He returns to find Michaels now in the centre of the ring waiting for him, and in one quick motion, Michaels drops to the mat, attempting a drop toe hold. As Michaels hooks Kanimaniac’s leg, The Dragon Tamer manages to stop his momentum on the head of a needle, dropping to a knee and blocking the drop toehold with his arms. He then quickly stands up and drop down on top of the legs of Michaels in an improvised leg breaker. HBK, now lying on his stomach, is clutching his right leg after the sudden application of Kanimaniac’s dead weight on his knee. Kanimaniac takes the opportunity to kick the knee swiftly and thoroughly, taking advantage of his opponent’s downed state. Michaels balls up slightly, trying to protect the leg. Seemingly knowing Kanimaniac’s plan, he tries to shift his leg out of the way of the attacks, attempting to prevent any damage to his leg that may prevent him from executing the Sweet Chin Music. Kanimaniac grabs HBK’s leg and tugs at it, pulling his downed opponent to the centre of the ring. The Dragon Tamer then puts Michaels in a spinning toe hold, attempting to do further damage to the knee. Kanimaniac wrenches at the knee joint, even jumping up and down a little when he locks it in, really ripping at the ligaments in Michaels’ knee. HBK lets out a cry through the pain of the hold, and Kanimaniac begins to turn again and again, breaking down the resolve of HBK.

Just as it starts to look bad for The Showstealer, Michaels manages to plant a foot on the behind of The Dragon Tamer as he turns to reapply the submission hold. HBK then uses all of the strength in his left leg to push his aggressor off him, sending Kanimaniac to the ropes. The Dragon Tamer rebounds from the ropes, and just as he turns around to face Michaels, he has his leg pulled from under him. The wily former world champion David Michaels rolls backwards, while holding on to The Dragon Tamer’s leg, then shakily manages to lock his foe in a haphazard half Boston crab, only managing to use his good leg to try to get some leverage on the hold. HBK pulls at the leg of Kanimaniac, bending him back in an unnatural angle, as Kanimaniac tries to squirm out of the hold. This is to no avail, though, as Michaels sits down on his hips in an attempt to stop the masked man from crawling to the ropes. HBK wrenches the hold tight, looking to deal the same damage that his opponent just dealt to him. At this point in the match, these holds are going to be so important. The man who gets the biggest advantage here will undoubtedly gain a massive advantage through to the very end of the match. Kanimaniac claws at the mat, trying his best to crawl to the ropes, but he can’t quite get there, with HBK not allowing Kanimaniac to have any room to manoeuvre. The fans begin another duelling chant for both of these valiant athletes trying to get an advantage with these submissions.

After a while of being worn down in the single leg crab, The Dragon Tamer attempts to shift himself into a position where he can escape. Kanimaniac uses all of his leg strength to try to loosen himself from the hold, struggling against the grip of Michaels. With every attempt, the pain seems to cut him down, causing Kanimaniac to succumb to the grip of Michaels once again, who attempts to do even more damage to the knee. However, Kanimaniac manages to turn himself on to his shoulder and manages to force Michaels to his feet by stretching his leg against HBK’s hold, even though it causes him considerable pain. With one swift turn, Kanimaniac manages to get on to his back, with The Showstealer still holding his leg. Not one to be defeated on this, Michaels then takes advantage and attempts to lock Kanimaniac in to the figure four leg lock, while he’s still on his back! The Dragon Tamer kicks at Michaels with his free leg, dislodging Michaels as he steps over his leg. HBK stumbles away from Kanimaniac and jars his knee as he stumbles, sending him to the ropes to rest. The wounded Michaels takes a moment to hold his knee, stealing a quick moment while Kanimaniac has to deal with his own pain in his leg. The referee begins to count both men out as the struggle to get to their feet, but only manages to get to 3 before The Dragon Tamer is back on his feet, hobbling a bit. He makes his way over to a rising David Michaels, who looks to be plotting something. Dropping down to a knee again, Michaels watches Kanimaniac approach him, waiting for a moment to pop up and strike with an inverted atomic drop, shocking his opponent with his swiftness. Slightly winded after having his tailbone connect with HBK’s knee, Kanimaniac stumbles away with a grimace of pain evidenced by his eyes and his gritted teeth, as Michaels feels a surge of momentum flow through him, knowing that he may be in the process of regaining control of the match.

Cedar: These men are really showing their technical prowess tonight. Some amazing exchanges here, with neither man wanting to relent.

The Dragon Tamer turns around and is dropped with a hard right hand to the face, flattening him, but for only a little while. The former King of Xtreme surprisingly gets back up to his feet relatively quickly…only to be tagged with another right hand. Kanimaniac drops again, but once more, returns to his feet relatively quickly. This time, however, Michaels scoops him up and slams him with a rib trembling scoop slam! The fans cheer loudly, recognising this as part of David Michael’s prelude to the flying elbow drop! Michaels, bad wheel and all, looks to the crowd to gain some energy and motivation as jumping around the ring on practically one leg, trying to hype them up. As Kanimaniac lays on the mat holding his lower back, then his neck, Michaels looks to the corner and begins to ascend to the heavens. With laboured steps, The Showstealer makes his way to centre stage up on his podium, perhaps looking to place an elbow into the dragon heart of the Dragon Tamer.

Michaels shakily makes his way to the top rope, using his left leg for main support, while his right leg perches on the top turnbuckle. Just as Michaels tries to step to the top, his knee won’t let him, and he buckles slightly. This momentary fault in his strategy allows Kanimaniac to formulate a plan. While HBK repositions himself, focusing on the ropes, his former partner gets up to his feet and breaks out into a little sprint to close down the space between himself and Michaels. Kanimaniac hops to the second rope with his own bad leg and delivers a European uppercut to Michaels. The blow is not as effective as Kanimaniac hoped for, as he loses impact while trying to balance on the rope and attack at the same time. Nevertheless, it gives Michaels something to think about, as he slumps down to the turnbuckle to perch. The Dragon Tamer holds on to Michaels to regain balance, then grabs him in a front face lock. Sensing that he may be in for some pain, HBK clings on to the top rope with one hand, and Kanimaniac’s attire with the other. He makes it very clear that he will not leave the top rope without a fight, and Kanimaniac would expect nothing less. Rather than attempt a move from the top rope, The Dragon Tamer rains down on Michaels with open forearm shots to the back, attempting to cause Michaels to let go. HBK responds in kind by hammering away at Kanimaniac’s midsection, causing him to bend double as Michaels tags his exposed midsection. Kanimaniac’s grip relents somewhat, as he decides to try another tactic to rid Michaels of his current advantage. However, this little misstep proves to be a crucial mistake, as he receives a quick chop to the chest, causing him to grab on to the top rope with one hand and swing backwards, almost dropping to the mat. The masked man grips on to the rope, which allows him to swing back at Michaels with an overhand chop to the chest, in reply to HBK’s shot. Michaels reels back, almost tumbling over the ring post and on to the ring steps. HBK manages to keep his position by hooking his leg over the top rope, with his foot hooked on the middle one. Michaels then fires back with another chop of his own, which again almost sends Kanimaniac to the mat. Somewhat slower than before, though, The Dragon Tamer returns the favour with another openhanded chop to the chest. Michaels, once again, replies with a chop of his own! The two warriors continue their chop battle, as the fans cheer wildly and ‘Woo!’ with every skin blistering strike and near tumble from the top.

Blow after blow, the two men get more and more worn down from their battle, until finally, one last, hard chop from Michaels sends Kanimaniac falling to the mat with a thud, prompting a cheer from the Michaels fans and grimaces from the fans of The Dragon Tamer. Then, spurred by a ‘H-B-K!’ chant, Michaels pulls himself to the top rope one more time. He winces in pain, but pushes through nevertheless. Michaels sizes up his downed opponent, and then takes to the air for a flying elbow drop attempt. Half way through his descent, Michaels sees the bottom of Kanimaniac’s feet as they swing up and connect with Michaels’ legs, sending him flipping on to his back just to the side of Kanimaniac, and causing him to bark out in pain as he’s electrified by the sharp double footed obstruction in his flight path. Michaels curses through gritted teeth as he clutches his leg, masterfully targeted by his downed opponent. The fans cry out in shock upon seeing Michaels flip almost on to his head from the counter by Kanimaniac. Michaels, perhaps more startled than hurt by his head meeting the mat, pushes himself up to his feet, hobbling with pain from the kick from The Dragon Tamer. He doesn’t stay on his feet for long, though, as Kanimaniac takes him down with an explosive spinebuster, knocking the air out of HBK! The crowd explodes out of the sheer surprise from the sudden move, then the subsequent pin attempt.

Michaels kicks out!

Cedar: Another close fall!

The crowd cheers wildly for the kickout from Michaels, obviously not sharing the surprise that Kanimaniac has right now. It takes a moment for him to remember who he’s fighting exactly, then the surprise turns to mild frustration that he’ll have to fight through the pain in his leg for a bit longer. The Dragon Tamer then grabs Michaels by the hair and hoists him up and collects him up in a quick T-bone suplex, floating over with a cover again.

Michaels kicks out again.

Another roar from the crowd, appreciating the determination of Michaels to kick out and survive another move. Kanimaniac grabs Michaels one more time and picks him up again, attempting to administer more pain to HBK and gain some momentum in his return to the ring. The Dragon Tamer lifts his opponent up once more, bad knee and all, then spins him around to deliver a devastating bridging Dragon suplex! Kanimaniac tries to keep the bridge up with his one good leg, but can’t quite manage it, letting go as the referee comes to count the pin and leaving Michaels in a pile. The crowd reacts with a loud ‘Ooooh!’, almost as though they feel the impact that Michaels just felt across the back of his head and shoulders from the suplex. Michaels simply flops back on to his stomach, his feet hanging on the bottom rope from the way he fell. The Dragon Tamer turns back to look at Michaels, then leans over to grab one of his arms and attempts to drag him away from the ropes. This proves to be harder than he’d imagined, as Michaels still has his feet snagged on the bottom rope. This means, of course, that Kanimaniac has to exert more energy and pull The Showstealer towards him, and even more to push him over on to his back for the pin.

Dennis: Oh, tough break for The Dragon Tamer there. Michaels got himself snagged on the ropes, which caused Kanimaniac to have to pull a dead weight away from the safe zone. You’ve gotta wonder if that’s veteran instinct from Michaels, making sure that some how, he was near the ropes.

Cedar: It may be no good, here comes the pin!

Kickout!

Michaels bravely powers out of the pin, perhaps having some time afforded to him by the happenstance of him being caught on the rope. Kanimaniac, on the other hand, is not so lucky. He kneels down next to HBK, looking up at the ceiling, wondering what the hell he has to do to put Michaels away. The Dragon Tamer pushes himself up on to his feet, favouring his leg from the submission battle with HBK. Michaels is looking pretty worse for wear at the moment, but he is at least stirring. Michaels pushes himself up with his arms, slowly, trying not to move his head too much because of the dull pain he’s experiencing. Kanimaniac has other plans, however. He grabs Michaels by the head and hoists him up again, and this time, hooks him up for a Samoan drop. Just as Michaels is on his shoulder, Kanimaniac suddenly feels a hard elbow to the side of his head, followed by another, and then another, which sees Michaels get back on to his feet and out of trouble. Then, suddenly, HBK runs at Kanimaniac and whips him towards the far ropes, then stands prepared for his return. As Kanimaniac runs towards him, Michaels launches himself towards his opponent and connects with a beautiful cross body block, dropping Kanimaniac quickly. The Dragon Tamer rolls around for a brief moment, after the uncomfortable collision with his midsection, putting all of Michaels’ bodyweight against his ribs and putting a stone cold stop to Kanimaniac’s momentum. HBK then gets up to his feet again, and yells out ‘COME ON!’ at the top of his voice, attempting to get the fans behind him to fire back at Kanimaniac. He then walks over to Kanimaniac, who is now on one knee. Instead of picking him up, though, he walks right past him and to the ropes. Michaels grips the top rope and glances back over his shoulder to see Kanimaniac getting up to his feet. The moment that The Dragon Tamer gets to his feet and attempts to turn around, Michaels springs off the ropes and hits a beautiful Asai moonsault, catching Kanimaniac perfectly and knocking him to the mat! The crowd cheer loudly as Michaels hooks the legs of his opponent.

Kickout!

Kanimaniac kicks out of the beautiful Asai moonsault, but it’s not over yet for him. Michaels doesn’t waste any time in continuing his attack, though. He strikes his downed opponent with right hands as he lies on his back, trying his best to make sure he can’t respond to the moonsault. HBK then picks him up by his arm and whips him into the corner of the ring, damn near knocking the wind out of him. Michaels then charges in after Kanimaniac, looking for a body splash, but doesn’t find his mark, instead landing on the ropes like a cat, perched on the second rope. Kanimaniac manages to move his body out of the way and to safety, but not for long! Just as he turns back around, he sees The Showstealer jumping back on to him with a springboard cross body, causing both men to crash to the mat! Michaels rolls Kanimaniac up for the pin attempt!

Kanimaniac JUST manages to kick out!

Michaels holds his head in his hands, thinking that he could have had the win there. Frustration briefly sparks in his eyes as he looks over to the referee, and is greeted by two fingers, indicating that it was only a near fall. Nevertheless, though, Michaels forces himself up and to his feet, determination painting his face. He looks down at Kanimaniac and grabs him by the mask, forcing The Dragon Tamer up under the fear of having it ripped from his head. With an agonising groan, he rises to his feet then gets pushed back in to the corner aggressively. HBK quickly follows up with a round of knife-edge chops, echoing through the arena once again, sending a jolt of pain through his chest. Michaels then drives his shoulder into Kanimaniac’s midsection, then scoops him up to the top rope, where The Dragon Tamer slouches groggily. The wear and tear that both men have faced from the match is becoming all too evident, as Michaels, too, takes a moment to stop and gather his bearings and take a breather from the intense match. He knows he can’t afford to let his opponent have too much time, however. If he does, then he’ll lose all the good ground he has gained on Kanimaniac, and he might end up getting caught off guard. Perhaps over cautious thinking from HBK, but he didn’t win all those world titles by being reckless. HBK then tags The Dragon Tamer with a big right handed slap, almost knocking the mask right off his face! And it looked as though it dazed him too, because his arms aimlessly float about as he tries to keep his balance. Michaels then begins to climb up to meet his masked opponent on the top rope, but strangely, he hooks his arms under one of Kanimaniac’s legs.

Cedar: What’s he got planned here?

Dennis: Is he giving him a medical examination? Where are his hands going, Ted?
Cedar: Oh come off it. How old are you?

Michaels hoists Kanimaniac up a little bit…stalls for a moment…then launches off the top rope with The Dragon Tamer in an avalanche teardrop suplex, making Kanimaniac crash in to the mat hard! Both men bounce slightly from impact, with The Dragon Tamer immediately rolling on to his stomach and holding on to his neck after the jarring impact! The crowd chant ‘holy shit’ at seeing the impressive feat of strength and risk taking from Michaels, the teardrop suplex not being like a straight forward suplex, because Michaels kept those hands hooked around Kanimaniac’s leg, meaning he was just as vulnerable as Kanimaniac was to that impact.

Cedar: Oh my goodness, Michaels just threw caution to the wind as he threw Kanimaniac to the mat! That has to have caused some problems in Kanimaniac’s neck, as we see him clutching it. Bear in mind, folks, we saw Michaels work on the neck earlier, and any subsequent move that causes a shock to the neck has GOT to leave him hurting for certain.

Dennis: I’ll admit, that was pretty ballsy from HBK, but look where it got him. He’s in no better state than Kanimaniac.

Be that as it may, Michaels manages to crawl to the ropes and hoist himself to his knee, then stop to take in the crowd reaction from the move. If there was ever a chance to put Kanimaniac away, this is it. Michaels, surging with adrenaline, pulls himself to his feet, and then begins nodding his head rapidly, as if he’s being possessed. The fans can feel it coming. Michaels can feel it coming! He starts to shake his arms, the universal sign for ‘powering up’, then starts to half-skip and half-hobble over to the corner. “H-B-K! H-B-K! H-B-K!”

“OOOOOOOAAAAAAHHHHH! BOOM!”

Michaels slams his foot down once, signalling that he’s tuning up the band for some Sweet Chin Music.

“BOOM!”

Gritting his teeth through the pain in his leg, Michaels powers through, with the end of the match in sight.

“BOOM!”

The third fall of his foot causes Kanimaniac to groggily get up to a knee. Michaels can’t wait any longer. Seizing the moment, HBK swoops in for some Sweet Chin Music. He takes a few steps, and the crowd grows silent with anticipation. One kick and this is done! Here it comes!

“YEAAAAAAHHHHHH!”

NO! Kanimaniac ducks out of the way and now he’s up to his feet! He grabs Michaels in a torture rack, looking for the Burning Hammer that he calls the Year of the Dragon! The fans supporting Kanimaniac are duelling with the HBK fans, as they cheer with excitement over the prospect that Kanimaniac might have pulled off a big come back!

Cedar: NO! Sweet Chin Music has missed the mark, and now Kanimaniac has turned things in his favour again.

HBK kicks wildly, trying to dislodge himself from Kanimaniac, but it may be too late! The Dragon Tamer spins Michaels around and drops him…

NO!

Just as The Dragon Tamer attempts to make that final, sudden drop, The Showstealer slips out from his shoulders! Michaels is free, and Kanimaniac has his back to him. Michaels trembles with anticipation.

Kanimaniac turns around quickly, just in time to catch a Sweet Chin Music!

With his hands!

HBK is hopping on his good leg, at Kanimaniac’s mercy for the time being. The Dragon Tamer throws Michaels’ leg down so his foot hits the mat, and he feels a shooting pain through his knee.

Dennis: Michaels has dropped to a knee! Kanimaniac slammed that foot down so he hurt Michaels’ knee and-

Cedar: SHINING WIZARD! SHINING WIZARD! SHINING WIZARD!

The arena erupts as Kanimaniac snaps off a devastating Shining Wizard, pushing himself to the limit and connecting with his right knee to the jaw of Michaels. HBK’s head snaps back and he crumbles to the floor! Kanimaniac desperately crawls to the cover.

3!

Michaels shoulder rifles off the mat, but he is JUST too late! Kanimaniac pins Michaels!

DING DING DING!

Cedar: What a match! Straight up, tooth and nail fighting. No funny business, no controversy, just two men throwing all they had at one another and giving these fans a hell of a show!

As the audience erupts in cheers, Kanimaniac slowly pushes himself off HBK, then lies next to him, on the mat. The camera shows both men breathing heavily, and Michaels holding his head like someone just set off a hand grenade in it. Kanimaniac slowly sits up and mouthes something to Michaels, before pushing himself up to his feet and walking to the corner of the ring to rest his head on the top turnbuckle. Kanimaniac takes a quick moment to look back to Michaels, then to look out at the crowd and nod once.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ??? vs. David Michaels   ??? vs. David Michaels Empty

Back to top Go down

??? vs. David Michaels

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1