HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

‘Gremlins’ Reboot “Ran Out of Steam”

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

‘Gremlins’ Reboot “Ran Out of Steam” Empty
PostSubject: ‘Gremlins’ Reboot “Ran Out of Steam”   ‘Gremlins’ Reboot “Ran Out of Steam” EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 6:49 pm

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3328448/gremlins-reboot-ran-steam/

Two years after it was revealed that Seth Grahame-Smith and producing partner David Katzenberg were developing a remake to Joe Dante’s classic Gremlins, it sounds as if the project is officially dead.

In a new interview with EW, Grahame-Smith explains that the project never came into fruition, and now all parties involved have moved onto other things.

“It was a completely different cast of characters, but acknowledging the events of the first two movies…I think we just ran out of steam. It’s one of those things where everybody got busy doing other things. It’s something I would love to come back to, but right now Steven’s making two movies back to back and Chris Columbus is busy. We’re all taking a five-minute break on that.”

I found it interesting that he mentions Steven Spielberg, whose Amblin produced the first two Gremlins, and Chris Columbus, who penned the original, as it would have been awesome to have them both actively involved.

It’s also interesting that he acknowledges that the new film would have referenced the 1984 classic, which is the studios new way of remaking a film without calling it a reboot. Still, the Gremlins world is a wonderful one, and we could really use their mayhem back on the big screen.
Back to top Go down

‘Gremlins’ Reboot “Ran Out of Steam”

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1