HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steam machines

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Steam machines Empty
PostSubject: Steam machines   Steam machines EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 1:44 am

The almighty Gabe Newell, owner of Valve and steam is ready to release the steam machines. All 12 of them. Now Alienware already released their version about a year ago. I myself have an Alienware Alpha Steam machine. A intel i3 core. It runs all my games on ultra settings pretty well, frames are good. only problem I have with it is the main selling point of the steam machines, the console mode. For me the console mode on my alienware can be buggy as fuck and sometimes crash on me. Hopefully they will get this shit fixed. But for now I have to stick with desktop mode.

Now I bet a lot of you are like. What the fuck is a steam machine? Well a steam machine is a console that runs PC games, mostly from Valve's steam, but they can also run EAs Origins or whatever its called, pretty much EA's version of steam. The reason for this is that valve wants PC gaming in the living room. They want to attract console gamers to play PC gaming. Now where you can find the steam machines are in Four stores. Gamestop, BestBuy, EB Games, and UK Games. They have a little corner to themselves and it should be easy to find them in the stores.

Now here are some big issues I find with the steam machines. One...there are fucking too many of them. 12...fucking 12 machines. That is going to confuse the hell out of people who are trying to get into PC gaming through the steam machines. Another thing is the prices between on these things. My Alpha is the cheapest of all the steam machines at $499.00. That is just the I3 core. I5 I believe is around the 700 price range, while the I7 is in the 900 range. And those are just the Alienware alphas. There is one of the steam machines that is Price at $5000 dollars. This is completely defeating the reason to enter the console market. There are some many fucking reasons why people will probably pick a console over a gaming computer/Laptop. One of those reasons is the fucking price. Another reason is a console is more reliable and you know it will do what it's created to do.
So with the shit ton of steam machines and the fucking prices on a lot of them, this is going to scare people away from the steam machines. Thus making the steam machines almost DOA.
Back to top Go down

Steam machines

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1