HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MorphyVA
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
MorphyVA

Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? Empty
PostSubject: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:52 am

I know it's too early since they just debuted on the main roster, but the comparison to Demolition and LOD has drawn a lot of negative feedback from the casual fans. Now not all of the casual fans very intelligent, so idk if Ascension's doing good so far or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 9:03 am

There heels, they're suppose to be hated. They just need a decent feud.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 9:13 am

It's 2 weeks in....
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 1:23 pm

I have a feeling they're going to shit on a bunch of legendary tag teams and a certain team that's... over... in Philadelphia will return at the Rumble to teach them a lesson.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 2:39 pm

Them being shit is what's hurting The Ascension.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 2:41 pm

Yeah That they suck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 6:37 pm

Eeyen wrote:
I have a feeling they're going to shit on a bunch of legendary tag teams and a certain team that's... over... in Philadelphia will return at the Rumble to teach them a lesson.
3MB baybeeeehhh oh wait :V you mean The Dudleys or The New Age Outlaws?
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 6:42 pm

Well their backstage shit isn't helping them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 6:53 pm

The Ascension are pretty legit
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 6:59 pm

Yeah making fun of a dead guy and whatnot Thirsty Mofos
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:02 pm

Blame creative for writing that promo
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:13 pm

Well I can blame Adam Rose vs. The Bunny on them too. But it doesn't hurt their star power.
Back to top Go down
yelnod66
Jobber
yelnod66

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 2:53 pm

The only thing I've ever liked about The Ascension is their entrance music. I don't think they're particularly great in the ring and their mic work is pretty shoddy. That being said, booking them in a squash against Murphy and Sully from the local pub every week isn't doing much for them.
Back to top Go down
https://mississippibones.bandcamp.com/
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:04 pm

Their entrance music is awesome. I like the titantron too. I thought based on the imagery they'd be paired with Bray Wyatt on the main roster.
Back to top Go down
yelnod66
Jobber
yelnod66

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:49 pm

I think the biggest problem is that for the most part, the WWE's tag division is a mish-mash, thrown together mess. Back in the day, you had legit tag teams. Now, other than the Usos, the tag division is full of teams that were thrown together because the bookers didn't know what else to do with them. So unfortunately, a team like The Ascension don't have too many options as far as other teams to feud with. That doesn't help their booking.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:51 pm

^ What about Gold/Stardust?
Back to top Go down
yelnod66
Jobber
yelnod66

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:54 pm

Batman wrote:
^ What about Gold/Stardust?

I think they were put together because the bookers didn't know what to do with Cody.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 4:10 pm

But they are still a very viable tag team.
Back to top Go down
yelnod66
Jobber
yelnod66

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 4:24 pm

I dunno?  They are capable of putting on a good tag match, but they just don't "feel" like a real tag team.  The Ascension feels like a real tag team, like the old school teams of the Golden Era. Too bad they're not as good as those old teams.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 1:06 am

yelnod66 wrote:
I think the biggest problem is that for the most part, the WWE's tag division is a mish-mash, thrown together mess.  Back in the day, you had legit tag teams.  Now, other than the Usos, the tag division is full of teams that were thrown together because the bookers didn't know what else to do with them.  So unfortunately, a team like The Ascension don't have too many options as far as other teams to feud with.  That doesn't help their booking.
Well that's how most tag teams in WWE have been put together for years. They don't want to recognize wrestler's past history. It seems the only way to last as a team in WWE is to actually be related to each other.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 6:33 am

I think it's how the delivered that promo is the problem. It didn't sound remotely convincing. I personally wouldn't have directly mentioned the two teams everyone was probably thinking they were replicating, because now everyone just gonna' say they're shit knock-offs. Also booking them against literally two nobodies managed to make them look weak imo, rather than strong. I think they've got good potential and if WWE keeps them around, I imagine they'll get toned down and eventually become something like the APA (before the APA became known for just beer drinking fighters).

Their entrance theme is fucking amazing, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?   Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is WWE's booking hurting The Ascension?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1