HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction Empty
PostSubject: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 2:30 am

The crowds at wrestling shows, especially the shows that air on tv, are big parts of show. When you go attend a wrestling show you pretty much become a part of it, you become a character. Again especially when it is on Tv. The role is a very important one at that too.

So with that being said, and I will going to sound like the fun police...but start acting your part the right way. Boo the heels and cheer the faces, and stop trying to fucking hijack the show. Enough with the what chants, the random chants and shit like that.

I know people will say you spend your money to see the show and you will act any way you goddamn please. But like I said, the crowds are important characters, very important. When you cheer for a heel who trying his damnest to make you boo, you are making him look bad. When a heel can get boo'd he fails as a heel. When a face can't get cheer he fail's as a face. No matter how good of talker they are, if they can't get the right reaction it will make them look bad to the higher ups. Now booing a wrestler doesn't mean you hate the wrestler, it means you are showing them respect because you are giving them the reaction they want. It shows you appreciate the effort they are making to get themselves over.

believe it or not, Wrestlers hate it when you give them the wrong reaction; especially heels. When a heel is trying to get himself some heat, and the smarks are cheering their heads off, that is actually pissing them off. I have seen tons of wrestlers get upset over that because it feels like you are disrespecting them even if that's not what you are trying to do. But it feels like disrespect because you are not giving him the reaction he wants, which can make him look bad to the people in the back. Yes some do feel that any reaction is better then no reaction, but not everyone feels that way. If it's not the right reaction, they feel like they have failed.

And doing this doesn't mean you have to stop going on forums and talk about how awesome the heel character is. When this means tho is you are adding a lot of atmosphere to the event that you are at, you are helping to make that moment mean something special.

Now what if something sucks, you don't like it, and you want to get your point across. The best ways to do that, are either staying silent or not showing up to event at all.

Now I am not demanding you to do this, you can do whatever the fuck you want. But just try to think about it tho. If you want to help a guy like Seth Rollins out, the best way to do that is if you are at the show and you give him the reaction he wants.

Back to top Go down
MorphyVA
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
MorphyVA

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 3:02 am

Always felt the same. Though I think the what chants are appropriate for heels. I'm okay with random chants too, but only once year like the Raw after Wrestlemania.

Honestly, I'd be pissed off too if I was a wrestler and the crowd kept chanting CM Punk or something not related to what's happening in the match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 7:44 am

"believe it or not, Wrestlers hate it when you give them the wrong reaction; especially heels. When a heel is trying to get himself some heat, and the smarks are cheering their heads off, that is actually pissing them off. I have seen tons of wrestlers get upset over that because it feels like you are disrespecting them even if that's not what you are trying to do. But it feels like disrespect because you are not giving him the reaction he wants, which can make him look bad to the people in the back. Yes some do feel that any reaction is better then no reaction, but not everyone feels that way. If it's not the right reaction, they feel like they have failed."

This falls under the whole assumption that WWE dictates who you cheer and who you boo every week.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 10:22 am

I never get to go to live events Sad

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 4:28 pm

^ if that is how you feel then do so.

Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 5:01 pm

How about no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 5:11 pm

Like I said do what you want. But just think about it tho. If you where a wrestler, trying to get heat and boo'd and you got a bunch of yous cheering you.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 5:14 pm

Get The Fuck Out  Bull

Next thing you know, he'll be asking us to do our part after the show and buy Hogan merch Bruh......

The Heel/Face thing has been fucked up for how long now. Bruh......

Back to top Go down
http://www.xwa-universe.com

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 5:19 pm

Whatever, like I said do the fuck what you want.

The problem with the heel and face thing is everyone is cookie cutter. Heels are always made to look weak. Faces are all cutting corny jokes and being bland as butter.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 5:24 pm

Heel always lose. Bad guys lose in like every TV storyline ever, tf Bruh......

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 5:25 pm

Today they do. The Heel rarely wins unless they are being prepared to be fed to Cena.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 5:27 pm

I'm not just talking about WWE. Like every TV Show movies (Unless you're watching a horror movie) the bad guy is always going to lose. Idk what you'd really expect.

You crying about bad guys looking weak and always losing, I'll give you someone to like.

Brock Lesnar Bruh......

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 5:38 pm

Crying? got a problem with me? go fuck yourself.  

Brock and Rusev are the only goddamn heels that is made to look strong.

other then them, no heel is made to look like a threat. Even Bray looks like a fucking joke. the heels are now the one to be made to overcome shit when that is the face's job.

The only time a heel wins is through some BS. If you say that is how a heel should win then you are a fucking idiot. Heels don't always need to cheat, sometimes just being better can draw heat. Especially if he is cocky about it. It's basic fucking booking that is missing from the wwe.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 5:56 pm

I actually agree with this sentiment and have said this for a long time. If I had been in the audience in 2010 when Jericho was an amazing heel, I'd boo the fuck outta him, cause that's his goal. He looks like a badass for getting booed. Heels that get cheered suck.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 6:01 pm

idk the other can't see that. It helps the character and it helps the person when you do the right reaction.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 6:03 pm

It's cause people like to feel cool by cheering the bad guys cause they're hipsters that don't like being "cliche."

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 6:05 pm

lolno
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 6:06 pm

Batman wrote:
It's cause people like to feel cool by cheering the bad guys cause they're hipsters that don't like being "cliche."
Says the guy who cheers every Batman villain ever Bruh......

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 6:15 pm

Booing doesn't mean hating in the world of wrestling. you can like a heel and boo him at the same time. He probably like it more if you did do that.

Anyways batman doesn't take place in front of a live crowd...expect maybe Batman on ice.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 6:25 pm

The Big Hulkamaniac Guy wrote:
^ if that is how you feel then do so.  
I bought tickets to SuperCard of Honor and Wrestlemania XXX but I had to work Sad

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Why would people cheer for people they don't like? If it was Heath Slater vs Kofi Kingston, I wouldn't be cheering for Kofi Kingston, because I can't stand him as a character, maybe with the Jamaican gimmick, but nothing else. I'd be cheering for Heath Slater because I prefer Slater over Kingston.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 6:43 pm

^Then you'd boo Slater, and stay quiet for Kingston.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Anyways I thought WWE announced there was no heels and faces.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 6:49 pm

the heel and face thing isn't gone and it will never go away
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 6:53 pm

The Big Hulkamaniac Guy wrote:
the heel and face thing isn't gone and it will never go away

Agreed, it's just a natural part of storytelling, never mind just wrestling. There's always going to be guys that the crowd/audience likes, and guys they don't. I think what we could see, and maybe what we should see, is a blurring of those lines. Gone are the days of the Hulk Hogan (sorry Bull) type face who never ever cheats or has nothing wrong about them, and gone are the days of the heel that has no redeeming qualities (except Bo).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction   Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction Empty

Back to top Go down

Something you should think about: Giving the right reaction

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next