HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters Empty
PostSubject: Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters   Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 6:32 pm

Sony Pictures is pulling The Interview from its Dec. 25 release date, the studio announced in a statement on Wednesday.

The decision was the depressing climax to a weeks-long nightmare after Sony Pictures Entertainment suffered on Nov. 24 a massive and unprecedented hack of roughly 100TB of embarrassing, sensitive, and confidential data. On Monday, the group claiming responsibility for the hack, who call themselves Guardians of Peace, threatened theaters that plan on showing the film The Interview — which depicts the assassination of North Korea leader Kim Jong Un. “We will clearly show it to you at the very time and places ‘The Interview’ be shown, including the premiere, how bitter fate those who seek fun in terror should be doomed to,” the group said in a statement. “Remember the 11th of September 2001.”

Evoking the 9/11 attacks for a movie scheduled for release on Christmas appeared to be the rhetorical touch necessary to doom the movie from reaching theaters. Sony canceled all press for the film, including its New York premiere, and reportedly told exhibitors that the studio would not object if they chose not to screen the movie. Within 24 hours, that is exactly what happened, with the top four theater chains — Regal, AMC, Cinemark, and Carmike — all electing to pull the film from their theaters.

Without exhibitor support, it was an almost foregone conclusion that Sony would have no choice but to pull the film outright.

A rep for Sony Pictures did not immediately respond to an inquiry from BuzzFeed News about what the studio’s plans are for The Interview moving forward.

Read the full statement below:

"In light of the decision by the majority of our exhibitors not to show the film The Interview, we have decided not to move forward with the planned December 25 theatrical release. We respect and understand our partners’ decision and, of course, completely share their paramount interest in the safety of employees and theater-goers.

Sony Pictures has been the victim of an unprecedented criminal assault against our employees, our customers, and our business. Those who attacked us stole our intellectual property, private emails, and sensitive and proprietary material, and sought to destroy our spirit and our morale – all apparently to thwart the release of a movie they did not like. We are deeply saddened at this brazen effort to suppress the distribution of a movie, and in the process do damage to our company, our employees, and the American public. We stand by our filmmakers and their right to free expression and are extremely disappointed by this outcome."
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters   Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 10:30 pm

100TB, holy fuck.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters   Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 10:46 pm

Hasn't the CIA and whatnot basically confirmed that the NK government were the ones behind the hack? Isn't that grounds enough for us to just nuke them already? Like holy shit, they're literally threatening to commit a second 9/11...over a FUCKING FICTIONAL MOVIE. Indifferent
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters   Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 12:49 am

Yeah That

I wanted to see this movie pretty badly too Fail!

Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters   Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 9:40 am

Yeah I was looking forward to it..

and also, I heard FBI suspects that NK had absolutely nothing do behind this hack.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters   Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 9:42 am

This movie better still be coming out Bruh......

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters   Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 9:43 am

People are saying this wasnt North Korea at all, and it's just Sony doing it to themselves because the reviews for the movie werent the greatest and they were afraid it was going to flop on release.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters   Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 9:43 am

Burdur Obama wrote:
This movie better still be coming out Bruh......

If it does, itll be on VOD or DVD. It wont be out in theaters at all.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters   Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 9:46 am

I thought they completely cancelled the movie? Like the premieres and everything, this shit ain't ever coming out in theaters.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters   Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 9:48 am

Yeah and I figure they won't change their mind at any point. And I'm fine with anything (coming out on DVD or whatever), I just wanna see it. Fail!

TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters   Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:20 am

Dead wrote:
People are saying this wasnt North Korea at all, and it's just Sony doing it to themselves because the reviews for the movie werent the greatest and they were afraid it was going to flop on release.

If it is then the entire company should be forcably shut down. All of it. Forever. That's unforgivable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters   Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 1:32 pm

this whole shit with this crap is just shows how much of a pussy America is becoming. Yeah give into terrorism, because Merica and we are scared of a bunch of fuckers who live in their mother's basements who know how to hack and pretend to be North Korea. The backward ass country of North Korea have the tech to do this type of shit? Yeah right. Stop being fucking pussies and show the goddamn movie. If you are scared of fake bombs, show it on netflix, have it be downloadable somewhere.

I don't give a fuck about this movie, I don't find Seth Rogen funny and I bet this movie is going to suck. But it's the fucking meaning behind all this trash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters   Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters Empty

Back to top Go down

Sony Pictures Pulls “The Interview” From Theaters

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1