HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Empty
PostSubject: Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame   Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 12:05 pm

http://411mania.com/music/green-day-lou-reed-and-more-to-join-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame/

Rolling Stone reports that the 2015 class of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has been announced. It will include Lou Reed, Green Day, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Bill Withers and the Paul Butterfield Blues Band. Ring Starr will be presented with the Award For Musical Excellence and 1950s R&B group the “5” Royales will get the Early Influence Award. The ceremony will be held at Cleveland’s Public Hall on April 18, 2015. The general public will be allowed to attend and tickets go on sale Thursday.

Artists are eligible for a spot in the Hall of Fame 25 years after their first single or album. Green Day were eligible thanks to their debut EP 1,000 Hours arrived in 1989. Singer Billie Joe Armstrong said: “I had to go for a walk when I heard the news. We’re in incredible company and I’m still trying to make sense of this. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has always held something special for me because my heroes were in there. This is a great time for us to sort of reflect and look back with gratitude.”

Jett also commented on her induction. She said: “It’s surreal and very humbling. It’s a culmination of all you’ve dreamed about doing as a musician. I’ve always been hopeful [that I’d get in] because I think it’s an incredible acknowledgment. I’m very proud to be with all these great musicians. It’s going to take a few minutes to sink in before I see how I really feel about it. Playing ‘I Love Rock and Roll’ would be a lot of fun. It would speak to what a lot of us have dedicated our lives to, this music called rock & roll. I think it would be appropriate. I’ve always sort of kept that song away, but I think in this instance it would be a perfect instance to whip it out and have people do it.”

Starr, meanwhile, had previously been inducted with the Beatles in 1988. Paul McCartney, John Lennon and George Harrison were all inducted as solo artists before now. Starr added: “This means recognition to me. And it means, finally, the four of us are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame even though we were the biggest pop group in the land. You know that won’t look funny in black and white.”

When Starr was asked if he would perform, he replied: “I’m not putting a band together. But if Paul [McCartney] puts one together, I’ll do ‘With A Little Help From My Friends.’”

Withers has been more or less out of music for the last thirty years. He said: “I never thought it was some kind of entitlement or something. I just never felt that anyone owed me this. It’s something that’s nice that happened. I guess I’ll have to go buy a suit. There are some people that can sing in their later years and some of them that can’t. I don’t want to be on of those old guys that sounds like a gerbil trying to give birth to a hippopotamus. I’ve gotta see if I can’t conjure it up.”

Reed was previously inducted in 1996 as a member of the Velvet Underground. He will be honored posthumously for his solo work.

Vaughn is also getting a posthumous induction, but Double Trouble will join him. Drummer Chris Layton said: “Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble’s time together meant a lot to us. We treasured the fact that we found that common ground. Through that, with Stevie’s passing, our only hope was that maybe other people would enjoy it as much as we did and would hopefully find some kind of meaning it it for themselves. The induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is sort of evidence of that.”
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame   Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 12:11 pm

And now everybody and their mother suddenly hates Green Day, even though they were the hottest thing on earth 10 years ago. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame   Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 12:26 pm

Everyone hates Green Day today because they...well...suck.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame   Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 12:47 pm

NAH They're ok. Bruh......
Back to top Go down
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame   Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 2:24 pm

Stevie Ray Vaughn is a great induction.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame   Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 2:37 pm

I Herd U Liek TJs wrote:
NAH They're ok. Bruh......

I like this. "BACK THE FUCK UP. I find them to be perfectly acceptable."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame   Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 3:22 pm

Funny My brother likes them a lot more than I do, but they still have like 6 or 7 songs that I enjoy. I don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame   Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 4:18 pm

I like the one song about walking by themselves. Other than that, I loathe Green Day.

Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame   Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 5:27 pm

I agree with TJ, they have probably a good five or six songs that I like. Other than that, meh.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame   Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 6:27 pm

I actually think American Idiot is a really good album. The rest of them don't really do anything for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame   Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 5:52 am

I love the American Idiot album. I can find four or five other songs I like outside of that, and I'd have to say I like them.

PostSubject: Re: Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame   Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Empty

Back to top Go down

Green Day, Lou Reed And More To Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1