HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ice Cube Comments On NWA's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Snub

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Ice Cube Comments On NWA's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Snub Empty
PostSubject: Ice Cube Comments On NWA's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Snub   Ice Cube Comments On NWA's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Snub EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 7:43 pm

In an interview with Billboard, Ice Cube spoke about the fact that the NWA will not be going into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year. Here are highlights:

On not going into the Hall of Fame: "It sucks. But it's understandable. We really only had one album together. They had two albums as a group. I'm sure that groups that have been together longer can make a better argument. But this just lets you know how much we need a hip-hop hall of fame of our own."

On Macklemore & Ryan Lewis beating Kendrick Lamar at the Grammys: "It's typical. It's the Grammys, what do you expect? But for them to pass up true skills for what could be fly-by-night success. ... I don't want to dis anybody, but seriously."

On moving into movies: "The creative process of making a movie really turned me on. I'd started getting behind the scenes with a camcorder and VHS tape when making music videos. But when I did `Boyz n the Hood' with John Singleton, I saw someone my age who was really doing it behind the scenes. I felt like I needed to be doing it on that level. (John) challenged me to start writing. My first two scripts sucked, but my third was `Friday.'"
Read more at http://www.411mania.com/music/news/316294/Ice-Cube-Comments-On-NWA//s-Rock-and-Roll-Hall-of-Fame-Snub.htm#ugRxW6jY5WeRHmrl.99
Back to top Go down

Ice Cube Comments On NWA's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Snub

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1