HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stephanie Roche makes final three for FIFA Puskás award

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Stephanie Roche makes final three for FIFA Puskás award Empty
PostSubject: Stephanie Roche makes final three for FIFA Puskás award   Stephanie Roche makes final three for FIFA Puskás award EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 8:02 am

Former Peamount United player Stephanie Roche remains in contention to become the first female winner of FIFA's Goal of the Year after she was named in the final three for the award on Monday.

Roche's wonderful strike came against Wexford Youths in the Women's National League October 2013.

It had been one of the ten goals nominated for the Puskás award.

She, along with Robin van Persie and James Rodriguez, who were both nominated for goals scored in last summer's World Cup, comprise the trio from which a winner will be announced in Zurich on 12 January.

Not surprisingly, Roche said she was delighted to have made the top three.

“Obviously it this is fantastic for me so I owe a lot of thanks to everybody who has voted for me and who has been behind me.

"It has been fantastic. I am just delighted I actually get to go to the awards so thanks and maybe I can go and win it now."

Back to top Go down

Stephanie Roche makes final three for FIFA Puskás award Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephanie Roche makes final three for FIFA Puskás award   Stephanie Roche makes final three for FIFA Puskás award EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 8:03 am

You go girl OoO yeah
Back to top Go down

Stephanie Roche makes final three for FIFA Puskás award

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1