HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Rate Cody Rhodes from 1-5 stars
Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End I_vote_lcap17%Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End I_vote_lcap0%Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End I_vote_lcap17%Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End I_vote_lcap50%Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End I_vote_lcap16%Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End Empty
PostSubject: Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End   Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 4:39 am

There are a million platitudes that could describe how great Cody Rhodes is, but you already know how good Cody Rhodes is. If you don't, then you're not paying attention.

Cody Rhodes is finally starting to be booked the right way again, and before 2013 is out, Cody Rhodes will be one of WWE's top stars.

Rate Cody Rhodes from 1-5 stars
* ** *** **** ***** Submit Vote vote to see results

The term "top star" can mean many things.

What it means here is that Rhodes will be a main event regular by the end of 2013. He will be in World Title matches regularly and he will be booked as a top "babyface" on SmackDown.

Rhodes and Damien Sandow are still feuding, and when Sandow eventually cashes in, you know Rhodes will claim that his two consecutive victories over Sandow should grant him an automatic title shot.

It isn't just being a great wrestler that makes Rhodes great.

There are a lot of factors that go into a WWE Superstar's success. There might not be an exact science or formula behind it, but there are definitely boxes that get checked off on a list of attributes a WWE Superstar must possess.

Wrestling Ability

One of the best parts about Rhodes is his consistency. He never seems to have a bad match, and he always makes everything he does look easy.

There are so many Superstars who seem to have a regular speed and a PPV speed. Rhodes always performs at his best, and it makes him stand out from the rest of the roster. There are other guys who are like that, and they are usually the guys at the top.

CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are not where they are because they are the most charismatic. It's because they put on the best matches every single night instead of once a month.

Rhodes is becoming one of those guys.

He can wrestle you down to the mat, take you down with a punch, or go up top for a moonsault. Rhodes really is the Swiss Army knife of wrestlers.

Mic Skills and Charisma

Rhodes is a very intelligent guy who can be pretty entertaining in the right situations, but whenever he is on commentary you can tell he is more comfortable than when he is talking to a crowd.

But that doesn't mean he can't cut a promo.

Rhodes has had plenty of great exchanges with everyone from DX to Chris Jericho to Triple H.

Rhodes might not be the most charismatic Superstar in wrestling history, but he does pretty well for himself considering he doesn't have a goofy gimmick from which to get material.

Some wrestlers can get through a promo by pulling material from their character, whether it's a stupid catchphrase or a personality quirk. Other than the period where he wore a plastic mask, Rhodes has always been a pretty plain guy.

All he had that made him stand out was a moustache, and even that's gone now.

Rhodes only has himself to rely on for his promos, and he does a great job.

His babyface run is going to be very interesting to watch; we haven't seen him as a babyface since his days of teaming with Bob Holly.

Hopefully fans continue to take to him like they have since he turned.

The Look

Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End Goldust-and-Aksana-Standing-Together_crop_exact

Some wrestlers have broken the mold, but there is no denying that having the right look can make or break your career in WWE.

Rhodes doesn't have to worry in this category.

He is a good-looking guy with a well-defined physique. He stands out as being in better shape than anyone else in his family, that's for sure.
His Pedigree

Cody Rhodes is the son of Dusty Rhodes and the brother of Goldust. You couldn't make a funnier-looking combination of gimmicks for a family photo if you tried.

But his family is known for more than being weird, they are known for being great wrestlers.

Dusty Rhodes is a legend who had memorable runs in both WCW and WWE. Goldust is, well, he's Goldust. There's nobody else like him, and there probably never will be.

Cody might seem like the normal one in the group, but his family heritage also ties him to the history of the business more than most. His family tree doesn't make him a good wrestler, but it helps fans connect to his character when they can associate him with someone else they loved watching.

Let's say someone who has not watched wrestling in several years has a child who starts to watch wrestling. Naturally, the parent starts to watch with the child every so often. One day they see Cody Rhodes name appear on the screen and they go, "Hey! I used to watch Dusty Rhodes."

Making that kind of connection across generations is the type of thing that makes wrestling fans start to watch again after giving it up for a long time.

It might not be fair that family connections can help you get a job, but it happens everywhere. No line of work is free of nepotism.

He's A WWE Guy

When you sign a WWE contract, you may as well forget all you previous accomplishments in wrestling, because they mean nothing. You won't be billed as a former ROH or TNA champion.

You are a rookie when you sign that contract, plain and simple.

Rhodes didn't have to worry about shedding a bad indy rep or having people ignore his other accomplishments, because he is a WWE guy through and through.

He was signed by the company in 2006 when he was just a 21-year-old accomplished amateur wrestler who grew up in the business. Vince must have been salivating when they signed that deal.

WWE was able to build Rhodes into their ideal image of a wrestler and they did it in a very short amount of time. Just over one year after signing with the company, he made his Raw debut.

Some guys spend years in the indy circuit, and then a few more in developmental before ever seeing a spot on the main roster.

It took Rhodes 13 months.

Cody Rhodes is on a path to becoming a World champion. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End   Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 4:57 am

Maybe.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End   Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 5:04 am

I noticed he had some problem making the transition from heel to babyface. I don't see WWE pulling the trigger with Cody. It would be cool if he's able to main event a pay per view or at least wrestler for a World title at a pay per view.

Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End   Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 7:14 am

1. Bleacher Report sucks.

2. No, Cody Rhodes doesn't have the right look, I'm sorry.

Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End FJBloTX
Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End   Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 1:14 pm

^
That.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End   Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 1:16 pm

Man, I like Cody, but I don't think they'll let him get higher than upper mid-card status.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End   Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 1:18 pm

Rhode put on some show stealing matches, and since last year I have stated Rhodes should be a bigger star. If the WWE machine gets behind him...Rhodes could be one hell of a World Champion.

Right look my ass.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End   Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 3:55 pm

I agree Ian. I love Rhodes, he's a great performer, but just does NOT have the look for a "top star", he's like what nearing 30, and he looks like he's 16. He's good, but I can't see him as world champ unless he bulks up a bit and grows some facial hair or something. Funny

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End   Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 9:47 pm

^Well John Cena looks like a 12 year old.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End   Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Really? I wonder what kind of 12 year olds you hang around, sir. Must be freaks of nature. Indifferent

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End   Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:41 pm

^ I guess he means Face-wise cause he thinks you meant face-wise.

I don't care about age or how he looks. He can pull great matches and his mic skills are getting better. If it was about looks, DB shouldn't get a Main Event Spot cause he's short. That makes sense right? no.

But I bet someone is gonna try to prove me wrong. etc.. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End   Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:47 pm

Daniel Bryan has a unique look. He's short but has an iconic part about him... His beard is like Mysterio's mask. Also, Daniel Bryan is MUCH BETTER at every aspect of wrestling than Cody Rhodes...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End   Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 2:25 am

I could see Rhodes winning the WHC (probably not the WWE Championship, though). I don't see how he would fit the mold any less than, say, ADR.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End   Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 4:58 am

ilikewwe11 wrote:
and his mic skills are getting better.
The actual fuck...Cody Rhodes' mic skills are one of the best in WWE, ever since his dashing gimmick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End   Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 6:10 am

^this, I agree.

But, wow comparing Daniel Bryan, the "Founding Father" of Ring of Honor, a guy trained by SIR William Regal, and with almost 15 years of experience, with Cody Rhodes, who barely has 7 years of wrestling? C'mon be fair.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End   Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 6:19 am

I could easily see Cody becoming one of the top guys in WWE. Maybe not before the year's end, but at some point in the future. I don't get all of this "he doesn't have the right look" talk. His looks are fine. He's a good-looking guy, partial homo intended, and isn't overly small. Plus, he has legendary family in the business.

He's great on the mic, as a heel. I haven't seen any of his face promo-work to judge that. In the ring, he's very good. One of the most improved wrestlers in recent time. He could easily become World Heavyweight Champion within the next year or two and I could definitely see him with the WWE Championship down the road.

Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End   Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 6:36 am

For the record I could see him getting into the World Heavyweight Title fold somewhere down the line, but that doesn't mean he'll be a "top star." Jack Swagger was World Heavyweight Champion. It's not really a big accomplishment.

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End   Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Yeah That I can see him as a World champ, no doubt. I just have a VERY hard time seeing him as a "top star".

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End   Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End Empty

Back to top Go down

Cody Rhodes Will Become One of WWE's Top Stars Before Year's End

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1