HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism Empty
PostSubject: How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism   How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:31 am

http://www.salon.com/2014/08/12/fake_sport_real_exploitation_how_pro_wrestling_mirrors_american_capitalism_partner/

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism   How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 1:08 pm

Holy shit. After reading this whole article, I have to wonder how anyone could think WWE is shitty when NWA was horrible. Funny

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism   How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 1:12 pm

The WWE does this now by making sure TNA doesnt run in certain towns, wont sign talent because of TNA and is now barring indy companies from running in the same city as they are for Mania.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism   How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 1:16 pm

They are not barring indy companies from running in the same city. For the past few years they've allowed it, and the most recent reports are that it's happening again for WM 31. Just because some idiot reported that WWE wasn't letting indy companies run in that city, doesn't mean it's true. It's funny how they retracted those comments after it was announced that some indy company was running in WM31's city.

As for TNA, while I agree that WWE has done some shitty stuff to them, it's not the same. WWE doesn't see TNA as legitimate competition, or at least they havent for a while now. WWE isn't the one that said "lol we're moving TNA to Mondays to compete with RAW!" - although granted they're moving SD! to Thursday, but I highly doubt it's because they see TNA as a threat, otherwise they would've done it ages ago when TNA was a lot bigger.

Not only that, but even IF WWE were to see them as a threat and try to do shitty things to them, it doesn't compare to burning down buildings and bribing wrestlers to no-show shows. Apples and Oranges.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad

Last edited by Batman on Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism   How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 1:21 pm

welcome to the wrestling business. Cut throat, dirty, underhanded. Step on or get stepped on. Just like every other business.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism   How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 1:28 pm

Batman wrote:
They are not barring indy companies from running in the same city. For the past few years they've allowed it, and the most recent reports are that it's happening again for WM 31. Just because some idiot reported that WWE wasn't letting indy companies run in that city, doesn't mean it's true. It's funny how they retracted those comments after it was announced that some indy company was running in WM31's city.

Theyre actually running shows in San Jose, which is a few miles from the 49ers Stadium.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism   How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 1:29 pm

Same shit. Funny

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism   How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 1:25 am

Batman wrote:
Holy shit. After reading this whole article, I have to wonder how anyone could think WWE is shitty when NWA was horrible. Funny
I don't think it was even mentioned that The NWA had someone try and burn down The Dallas Sportatorium. It wasn't long after that World Class joined The NWA.

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism   How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 12:23 pm

I think it was mentioned, just not specifically. The article said they would "sometimes try to burn down buildings of rival competitiors."

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism   How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 10:00 pm

Yes, if you're going into a competitive business you better man up.

Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism   How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 1:07 am

Batman wrote:
although granted they're moving SD! to Thursday, but I highly doubt it's because they see TNA as a threat, otherwise they would've done it ages ago when TNA was a lot bigger.
I think they would've feared losing MORE SD viewers than they already were around that time when WWE may have seen TNA as a bit of a threat.

But completely agreed with the rest of that post.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism   How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism Empty

Back to top Go down

How pro wrestling mirrors American capitalism

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1