HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic Empty
PostSubject: And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic   And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 12:13 am

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tony-dungy-wouldn-t-want-to-deal-with-drafting-michael-sam-072114
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic   And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 12:20 am

Shocker.

And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic FJBloTX
And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic   And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 12:25 am

Piece of shit bigot. Someone should tell him Polygamy is biblical marriage. Not one man one woman.

Last edited by Señor Mexicano on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic   And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 12:28 am

^Didn't read it.

He didn't say anything about the fact that he was gay. He said he didn't know how he'd be able to handle all the controversy of having drafted him.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic   And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 12:30 am

Yes I did. Being homophobic is being a bigot, end of story. I don't care how he tries to twist it. "I think you shouldn't have the right to marry but you should have the opportunity". That's how all of those people try to dodge the criticism.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic   And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 12:33 am

I dunno. I don't want to go into this any further, but while I would call him Anti-Gay, I would not call him homophobic. While he doesn't agree with it, read the tweet about the NBA guy. He still treats him like a human being.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic   And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 12:35 am

If you're against homosexual marriage, it's like being against interracial marriage. It's historically wrong and discriminatory. And he literally said that he wouldn't draft him because he's gay.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic   And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 12:35 am

Having an anti-gay stance & homophobia don't really cancel each other out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic   And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 1:06 am

Señor Mexicano wrote:
If you're against homosexual marriage, it's like being against interracial marriage. It's historically wrong and discriminatory. And he literally said that he wouldn't draft him because he's gay.

This right here is a joke. He did not say he wouldnt flat out draft him because he's gay. He said he wouldnt draft him because of the media attention that was coming with it. He wouldnt want to constantly be asked about it. If you read the fucking article, which, if you did, you spun it into something that isnt even there.

Your little comment about being against homosexual marriage is instantly discriminatory is WRONG. You dont have to agree with whether or not 2 gay men are getting married. You dont have the right to force these ideals down peoples throats that you have to accept something when you dont. As long as you dont go on a tirade saying you're against it and it's against religion and all that bullshit, you are fucking free to feel whatever you believe.

This political correctness bullshit has got to stop. If you give an honest opinion about something you're labeled as a racist or bigot even when you arent intending it to be. Enough with this shit already.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic   And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 1:18 am

"This right here is a joke. He did not say he wouldnt flat out draft him because he's gay. He said he wouldnt draft him because of the media attention that was coming with it. He wouldnt want to constantly be asked about it."

But he's lying, because he advocated for Michael Vick fresh out of prison...

As in, he wasn't singing the "distraction" tune then... So there definitely has to be something else here. It could be that Michael Sam sucks and Dungy doesn't want to attach his name to him, but I don't think that's the case as he doesn't suggest he won't succeed just that he'll be a distraction.

So we're left to wonder what causes the moral gap between dealing with the distraction of Michael Vick and Michael Sam...

The only explanation for getting Dungy off the hook for this is he was told to say that to defend the league against media outrage. That's the only logical reason he'd say this, given his history, and for it not to be about his fundamentalist Christian values being against Sam.

Last edited by Ian on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic   And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 1:19 am

Why did I know Dead would come in here & try to defend this guy? I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic   And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 1:43 am

We all knew it. Funny

Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic   And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 1:54 am

Dead wrote:
Your little comment about being against homosexual marriage is instantly discriminatory is WRONG. You dont have to agree with whether or not 2 gay men are getting married. You dont have the right to force these ideals down peoples throats that you have to accept something when you dont. As long as you dont go on a tirade saying you're against it and it's against religion and all that bullshit, you are fucking free to feel whatever you believe.

This political correctness bullshit has got to stop. If you give an honest opinion about something you're labeled as a racist or bigot even when you arent intending it to be. Enough with this shit already.
LOL I ain't going to debate this, if you don't approve of two men getting married, you're a bigot, end of story, you're intolerant. "I'm not being discriminatory towards gay people, but I just want to deny them the right to get married". That's a ridiculous argument. If you want to be a bigot, feel free to be a bigot. Just don't be surprised when people bash your ignorant ass primitive belief. (I'm talking in general here). The irony is that it's the other people who are forcing their beliefs down our throats. It's idiots like Tony Dungy that support idiotic laws that ban Gay Marriage by law. If he doesn't believe in gay marriage, then he has the right to not get gay married, but don't ban it for everyone else. It's just calling it what it is, we don't live in an amoral world where all opinions have the same value. The same way racist opinions don't have the same value as opinions based on acceptance. The bottom line and the last way i'm going to put it, is that i'm not tolerant of intolerance. If they don't want to get criticized, then they shouldn't be intolerant pricks.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic   And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 7:53 pm

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tony-dungy-releases-statement-regarding-his-michael-sam-comments-072214
Back to top Go down
Eaglesfan
Jobber
Eaglesfan

PostSubject: Re: And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic   And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:07 am

It boggles my mind how someone can say how it's okay for a crowd in a soccer stadium to chant "faggot" at someone because it's "Mexican culture and you shouldnt take it out of context because the only place in the world that faggot isnt offensive is apparently in soccer stadiums" but then turns around and spins a statement into something that isnt even there.

Back to top Go down
Eaglesfan
Jobber
Eaglesfan

PostSubject: Re: And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic   And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:11 am

Ian wrote:
"This right here is a joke. He did not say he wouldnt flat out draft him because he's gay. He said he wouldnt draft him because of the media attention that was coming with it. He wouldnt want to constantly be asked about it."

But he's lying, because he advocated for Michael Vick fresh out of prison...

As in, he wasn't singing the "distraction" tune then... So there definitely has to be something else here. It could be that Michael Sam sucks and Dungy doesn't want to attach his name to him, but I don't think that's the case as he doesn't suggest he won't succeed just that he'll be a distraction.

So we're left to wonder what causes the moral gap between dealing with the distraction of Michael Vick and Michael Sam...

The only explanation for getting Dungy off the hook for this is he was told to say that to defend the league against media outrage. That's the only logical reason he'd say this, given his history, and for it not to be about his fundamentalist Christian values being against Sam.

You cant really compare supposed homophobic comments to a dude who was in jail for dog fighting though, it's a completely different situation. Vick got support coming right out of jail because people were calling for him to never play football again and some were even calling for him to suffer the same fate the dogs he was breeding did.

At the end of the day if people didnt want to draft Michael Sam because of his sexuality, he'd be in the CFL or the AFL right now, but Jeff Fisher took a chance on him. Him being gay WILL be a distraction, whether he wants it to be or not.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic   And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:00 am

I absolutely fucking can. They're both massive distractions. Michael Vick's situation was an even greater distraction because there aren't many people willing to argue his side of the morality issue, while the other side is loud, vocal, in the media constantly for their antics, and potentially violent. While the anti-gay community can be loud, vocal, and potentially violent, the pro-gay community is likely to cancel some of that out.

Tony Dungy advocated for Michael Vick to get a second chance after systematically murdering dogs for profit despite the huge distraction. Tony Dungy wouldn't have drafted Michael Sam because of the huge distraction. Where the fuck does the difference come from? Why is it with Vick the distraction is fine, but with Sam it's not?

Eaglesfan wrote:
At the end of the day if people didnt want to draft Michael Sam because of his sexuality, he'd be in the CFL or the AFL right now, but Jeff Fisher took a chance on him. Him being gay WILL be a distraction, whether he wants it to be or not.

He fell in part because of his sexuality. While I do believe his value was always overstated by the media and I think he was always a Day 3 prospect because of his awful measurements, Jarvis Jones had just as terrible measurements the year before, and despite being a mediocre prospect, went very high because he played in the SEC.

Michael Sam was probably worth a 5th to 7th round pick. Had he not come out as gay, I think he would have been a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I came to that conclusion based on the precedent of guys going higher than they should simply because they play in the SEC.

Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic   And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 3:06 pm

Eaglesfan wrote:
It boggles my mind how someone can say how it's okay for a crowd in a soccer stadium to chant "faggot" at someone because it's "Mexican culture and you shouldnt take it out of context because the only place in the world that faggot isnt offensive is apparently in soccer stadiums" but then turns around and spins a statement into something that isnt even there.

It boggles my mind how fucking stupid you are. I'm not going to explain this again.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic   And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 3:06 pm

And what Ian said is spot on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic   And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic Empty

Back to top Go down

And...Tony Dungy is still homophobic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1