HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   Empty
PostSubject: Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA    Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 8:06 pm

ORIGINAL: For some time there have been reports that Vince Russo has been working for TNA as a creative consultant. Mr. Russo has repeatedly denied these reports.

Pwinsider.com's Mike Johnson reports that he was accidentally "CC'd" in an email from Vince Russo, which featured instructions and advice from Russo to Mike Tenay and Taz on how certain segments of a TNA TV episode, which are about to be voiced over, should be handled. 

UPDATE 2: Vince Russo has posted a statement on his website about the report that he was consulting with TNA about their announcing team, which as we reported he had previously denied. You can read the statement below, in which Russo acknowledges he was hired by TNA to consult with the announce team and had denied it because he was supposed to keep it confidential:

STATEMENT CONCERNING MY INVOLVEMENT WITH TNA
Recently, I accidentally sent an e-mail to a third-party that was not meant for their eyes. The e-mail concerned my current involvement with TNA Wrestling.

TNA rendered my services as a consultant to work with their announce team of Mike Tenay and Taz. The condition from their side was that I kept it confidential between the two parties. As their employee, it was up to me to honor their wishes, so that's what I intended to do.

My integrity means everything to me, so I just hope you can understand and forgive.

Peace. 

Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/328858/UPDATEDx2:-Update-on-Vince-Russo-Working-as-a-Consultant-For-TNA.htm#6oCyxFJLdXmots6Y.99
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA    Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Well the way Wrestle-1 feels about Russo I'd keep it a secret as well.

PostSubject: Re: Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA    Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 11:13 pm

I wonder what this does though for their relationship with WRESTLE-1. At least he was man enough to accept what he did was an accident and hopes it doesnt go any farther.
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA    Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:20 am

Vince Russo saying "My integrity means everything to me" is pure comedy gold.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA    Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 6:50 am

I doubt it will change much. If he is only involved with how commentary does their job, he has no say on the actual input of the product.

On a side note, Tenay is starting to get on my nerves now. His style is very grinding and often misses big impact points in match because he's too busy listing everything "step 1...step 2...then..." etc. <_<
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA    Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 9:16 am

Tenay is terrible and if Russo plays a part in that I don't know why he's on the payroll.

Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   FJBloTX
Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA    Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 11:10 am

Tenay was terrible in WCW, before Russo was ever thought about, honestly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA    Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:34 pm

Tenay was good for being that guy who showed up during cruiserweight matches and gave us history into the guys preWCW careers. As far as a play by play guy, he blows.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA    Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:29 pm

I think TNA goes with him because he was on WCW and think it adds legitimacy or something, ignoring the fact the people that watched WCW don't watch wrestling anymore.

Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA    Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 4:19 pm

Saintpat wrote:
Vince Russo saying "My integrity means everything to me" is pure comedy gold.

That is exactly what I was thinking about this statement  Really
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA    Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 4:24 pm

Ian wrote:
I think TNA goes with him because he was on WCW and think it adds legitimacy or something, ignoring the fact the people that watched WCW don't watch wrestling anymore.

I think Russo is a good writer, but he makes a lot of fuck ups. Plus I think they keep going to him because he has experience. I'd prefer fresh people, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA    Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 5:40 pm

"My integrity means everything to me, that's why I was too ashamed to admit that TNA wasn't hiring me under the table because they don't want my name staining their already-mediocre image"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA    Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 5:49 pm

I dont think they were ashamed persay, they didnt want to strain their relationship with Muta. Russo is apparently racist against Japanese wrestlers.
Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA    Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 6:28 pm

For all the shit he's getting though; it seems that he's literally just working with the commentators to assist them in calling their matches. That's what I see of it, if he's just working with Tenay and Taz. And they really do need to work on their announcing. In TNA's younger days, Don West might have been a complete mark 110% of the time, but he had chemistry with Mike Tenay. Taz ansd Tenay have never had that same chemistry. They don't tell the story quite as well, and they REALLY don't put over Finishing Moves that well. That's the one thing Don West did awesomely. Every finisher in TNA was over as fuck when he called it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA    Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 6:29 pm

Rob wrote:
they REALLY don't put over Finishing Moves that well.

OMG I have always thought this. I thought I was the only person alive that ever noticed this xD

I swear only the most hardcore of fans knows what any of the superstars' finishers are.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA    Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 7:05 pm

Chilly wrote:
Ian wrote:

I think Russo is a good writer, but he makes a lot of fuck ups. Plus I think they keep going to him because he has experience. I'd prefer fresh people, but whatever.

I meant Tenay.

Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA    Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 7:16 pm

^ Oddly enough, I feel like Chilly's reply still fits in the correct context. Funny
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA    Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 7:37 pm

^^
My bad...but yeah, like Rob said, same answer kind of applies xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA    Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA   Empty

Back to top Go down

Update on Vince Russo Working as a Consultant For TNA

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1