HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Backstage Update on WWE Forcing An Extension of CM Punk’s Contract

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Backstage Update on WWE Forcing An Extension of CM Punk’s Contract Empty
PostSubject: Backstage Update on WWE Forcing An Extension of CM Punk’s Contract   Backstage Update on WWE Forcing An Extension of CM Punk’s Contract EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 6:57 pm

As we noted several weeks ago, there was talk that WWE could add another 6 months to CM Punk’s contract if the company wanted to, similar to what WWE did in the case of Rey Mysterio. Certain contracts contain clauses which state if the talent misses an extended period of time WWE can add time to the wrestler’s contract to make up for it.

F4WOnline.com reports as of this week, the belief in WWE is that it’s not in anyone’s best interest to force a renewal of Punk’s contract, so it likely will not be happening.

Punk owns the rights to the name “CM Punk,” and is back to using the Punk name on Talking Dead as opposed to his real name, Phil Brooks. Punk has a non-WWE related appearance lined up for AXS TV after his WWE deal expires in a few days.

Paglino: A smart move on WWE’s part not to press the issue with Punk’s contract. WWE really has nothing to gain by furthering straining its relationship with Punk.

I could see CM Punk potentially returning to WWE in a few years, much like Brock Lesnar did, and if that’s something WWE is interested in, it makes the most sense to cut Punk loose after his contract expires.
Back to top Go down
Fiery
Jobber
Fiery

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update on WWE Forcing An Extension of CM Punk’s Contract   Backstage Update on WWE Forcing An Extension of CM Punk’s Contract EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 9:03 pm

I saw this article a few weeks ago and could have sworn seeing a new one to where they weren't expected to sign CM Punk because the impression is that he's retired. I guess we'll find out what's what after what next week? His contract expires the 17th I think. Be nice to put this thing to bed. Either return or make it official on what you're doing.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update on WWE Forcing An Extension of CM Punk’s Contract   Backstage Update on WWE Forcing An Extension of CM Punk’s Contract EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 11:35 pm

I think it's safe to assume he's done with wrestling for the time being.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update on WWE Forcing An Extension of CM Punk’s Contract   Backstage Update on WWE Forcing An Extension of CM Punk’s Contract Empty

Back to top Go down

Backstage Update on WWE Forcing An Extension of CM Punk’s Contract

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1