HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
FinestJellyBeansRaw
Show Opener
FinestJellyBeansRaw

"The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi Empty
PostSubject: "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi   "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 9:46 am

"The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi Susumu20
Character Info
Name: Akira Kobayashi
Nickname: The Spartan, The Black Heart Warrior, The Pacific Rim Nightmare, The Last Warlord of Osaka
Height: 6'3
Weight: 235 pounds
Class: Tweener - his reaction is mostly positive, but against a face who's liked he's not going to be the one getting cheered. Acts like a bit of a dick, but will rarely out and out cheat in the classic sense.
Date of Birth: July 3rd
Catchphrases: I will give you nothing, and take from you everything
Hometown: Osaka, Japan

Gimmick/personality: Akira is a stoic wrestler, with more of a mind for fighting than entertainment. He has tunnel vision towards his goal of domination over the wrestling world, and has little time for anything but winning. Since winning the Cruiser-X title to a lackluster reception Akira's personality has become more aggressive - he's now far more willing to bend a few rules/common etiquettes every now and then (Using the full count on rope breaks, refusing hand shakes, and similar things), and cares a lot less about the crowd and showing respect to opponents than before.

Appearance
Pic Base: Katsuyori Shibata
Attire: Black trunks and kneepads, nothing in the way of flair. No gloves, although many pictures of his pic base (Shibata) use them and if for whatever reason you're trying to find an image to use it's not a big deal if he's wearing gloves.

Extra Info: Will usually come to the ring with a black towel over his head, similar to Minoru Suzuki. He may use this to wipe his face during the match if he becomes bloody/sweaty, and a more underhanded opponent may wish to choke him out with it.

Entrance:
Theme: Stay Here by Swans

Example of Entrance: "Stay Here" loudly booms out through the speakers as Akira Kobayashi makes his way out, his head hidden beneath a block towel with "The Black Heart Warrior" embroidered on it in white. He doesn't showboat, and instead slowly makes his way to the ring, using the steps to enter. He walks over to the corner where he takes the towel off his head and hangs it on the ropes.

Wrestling
Style: Very strike heavy style, utilizing a lot of kicks, elbows, knees and palm strikes as his main offence to set up throws and submissions. He's very focused, and will usually pick a body part and work it over.

Strikes:

Open handed palm strikes (Akira will very rarely throw punches)
Hard shoot style leg kicks
Jumping/leaping kick/knee
Slaps to the face
Forearm strikes
Knees to the ribs (Often to a grappled opponent)
Soccer kicks to a downed opponent/opponent in the corner
Dropkick
European uppercut
Jumping foot stomp (warrior's way)

Standing grapples:

German suplex
Northern lights suplex
Sleeper suplex
Powerbomb
Butterfly suplex
Tiger suplex
Double leg takedown

Submissions:

Various armbars
Sleeper hold
Single legged crab
Figure four leglock
Bow and arrow hold
Boston crab
Kneebar

Aerial moves:

Flying double stomp
Diving kick

Avalanche moves:

Spider German suplex
Avalanche wrist clutch exploder suplex

Signatures:

Wrist clutch exploder suplex
"The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi WelcomeAppropriateGroundhog

Rolling elbow
"The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi Rolling-elbow-o

Standing, no hands/grappling headbutt (Often as a last ditch "I'm going down but you're coming with me" move that will hurt both wrestlers)
"The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi IqlH2A3kEj5Fj

Sliding lariat
"The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi GoldenViciousFowl

Backdrop driver
"The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi AgedHandsomeAntelope

Finishers:
Brainbuster
"The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi Q3aGo

The Twister
"The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi Twister

Record
Wins/Losses/Draws: 19-3-0

Titles/accomplishments:

XWA Cruiser-X Division title - 9/19/14 (Endure 2014) - CURRENT (1 defence)
2014 King of Xtreme Tournament Finalist (Lost to Vladimir Strife)

Last edited by FinestJellyBeansRaw on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:13 pm; edited 38 times in total
Back to top Go down
MorphyVA
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
MorphyVA

PostSubject: Re: "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi   "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 9:50 am

Welcome to the fed. Looking forward to seeing what you can do Big Grin!
Back to top Go down
FinestJellyBeansRaw
Show Opener
FinestJellyBeansRaw

PostSubject: Re: "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi   "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 10:29 am

Thanks. Not too sure how things work in terms of promos/getting a match to be honest, is there a thread anywhere which goes over all of that which I've missed?
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi   "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 10:53 am

Not really but it's pretty simple.

Before each card a topic is posted in this subforum - https://xwauniverse.forumotion.com/f16-xwa-universe

It'll say something like... (next show name) promo sign-ups. In that thread you request promos. People are booked in matches each week unless I know not to book you. If you don't want a match, it's wise to state that in the same thread that you'd request a promo on.

The current one is here: https://xwauniverse.forumotion.com/t12729-baab-promo-sign-up

There is a thread that explains our schedule, but we're currently a bit messed up because of our anniversary a couple of weeks ago, so it might not look right to you if I show you out of context. The current card is due tonight and the next show will go up between 20-30 hours after it's due as grading takes a fair bit of time. Here it is if you want a look: https://xwauniverse.forumotion.com/t264-vendetta-schedule-guide#1310

Normally...

Shows get posted on Mondays. Our "TV" shows are due on Saturday at midnight EST which gives the writer 6 days to write and the staff 1 day to grade.

PPVs have longer due dates. PPVs are due 12 days after they're booked, on the following Friday at midnight. Generally people write longer matches on the PPVs so we've allocated more time to grade as well.

The next card, for your reference, is a "PPV"

Other things you might care about:
Lower card ~1000-2000 words
Mid card ~2500-4000 words
Main Event ~4500-6500 words.

These are NOT limits. There are no word limits. I'm just trying to give you a good idea how much people write. Our resident superstar Riley Williamson recently wrote 15K and if you stick around long enough you'll hear about the 'golden era' of XWA where people routinely wrote 30K-50K.

To get a good idea I'd advise you to look through some matches. The entire Robert Hope/David Michaels feud is excellent and you can find their matches in our archives such as here

"The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi FJBloTX
"The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
FinestJellyBeansRaw
Show Opener
FinestJellyBeansRaw

PostSubject: Re: "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi   "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 10:54 am

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi   "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 10:54 am

I will work on a thread that explains things but generally we just explain them in the chat, in threads such as this, or via PM. I think it helps create a communication that is a key to a better online community.

Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi   "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:03 am

Another thing I forgot to mention. Entrances are optional and might help you create a tone, but matches are graded bell to bell.

Back to top Go down
FinestJellyBeansRaw
Show Opener
FinestJellyBeansRaw

PostSubject: Re: "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi   "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:04 am

I guess I'd probably be best off reading the next show to see how it works out, then Smile
Back to top Go down
FinestJellyBeansRaw
Show Opener
FinestJellyBeansRaw

PostSubject: Re: "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi   "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 7:43 pm

Updated in a few ways, namely to account for character development from Endure.
Back to top Go down
MorphyVA
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
MorphyVA

PostSubject: Re: "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi   "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 7:54 am

Congrats on being the Cruiser-X champ man Big Grin!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi   "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 10:22 am

Congrats on becoming champ in XWA clap
Back to top Go down
FinestJellyBeansRaw
Show Opener
FinestJellyBeansRaw

PostSubject: Re: "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi   "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 7:52 pm

Edited a bit, mainly to add more flavour and personality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi   "The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi Empty

Back to top Go down

"The Spartan" Akira Kobayashi

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1