HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pharrell's 'Happy' originally recorded by Cee Lo Green

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Pharrell's 'Happy' originally recorded by Cee Lo Green Empty
PostSubject: Pharrell's 'Happy' originally recorded by Cee Lo Green   Pharrell's 'Happy' originally recorded by Cee Lo Green EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 3:06 pm

Pharrell Williams has revealed that his hit single 'Happy' was originally recorded by Cee Lo Green.

In a radio interview with Howard Stern, Williams said: "[Cee Lo Green] wanted to do it… and he did do it."

Pharrell explained that Green ultimately had to pass on the song, adding: "He sounded amazing on it, he burns my version! But... how do I say this diplomatically? The powers that be, at the time, did not see it fit for him.

"Some folks on his team just felt that the priority should be on [his] album at the time, so they elected not to do that song."

Pharrell added that Green handled the success of the hit song well, saying: "There was a much bigger agenda for [him], he had an album to put out.

"It's not his fault - he was totally down with it... He was one of the most gracious people about it when ['Happy'] came out."

'Happy' made Pharrell only the third act in history, and the first in 57 years, to hit number one in the UK charts on three separate occasions with the same song.

The music video for 'Happy' has currently had over 211 million views.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Pharrell's 'Happy' originally recorded by Cee Lo Green   Pharrell's 'Happy' originally recorded by Cee Lo Green EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 3:07 pm

I'd actually love to hear Cee Lo's version of it. With any luck they'll put it on his album as a bonus track.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Pharrell's 'Happy' originally recorded by Cee Lo Green   Pharrell's 'Happy' originally recorded by Cee Lo Green EmptyThu May 01, 2014 8:53 am

I wanna fuck you.. because I'm happpyyyyy.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Pharrell's 'Happy' originally recorded by Cee Lo Green   Pharrell's 'Happy' originally recorded by Cee Lo Green EmptyThu May 01, 2014 9:50 am

The song is stupid anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pharrell's 'Happy' originally recorded by Cee Lo Green   Pharrell's 'Happy' originally recorded by Cee Lo Green Empty

Back to top Go down

Pharrell's 'Happy' originally recorded by Cee Lo Green

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1