HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) Empty
PostSubject: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 6:05 pm

For the fourth installment of Gopher Review, I'm gonna take a look back at the 2000 Royal Rumble, one of Chilly's favorite Pay Per Views of all time. I'm sure I watched the Rumble match before, but I haven't seen the rest of the card. I'm not going to give the Rumble match a rating, because it's a special type of match. Although, how good it is will still affect my overall rating for the show.

The amount of hardcore action in the opening video package. Jesus, Foley. Oooh, Madison Square Garden. Lawler and J.R. commentating. A lot of Jericho signs in the crowd. Oooh, Kurt Angle. Apparently his opponent is to be announced. If he's facing Kurt, it should be good regardless of who his opponent is. Oooh, Kurt promo. Cheap pop turns into boos. The arena looks very foggy. Maybe it's from all the fireworks. We Want Edge chant? They didn't get him. But they did seem happy with who they got. This should be good.

Kurt Angle vs. Tazz

Tazz immediately goes to work on Kurt. The fight breaks to the outside. Kurt reverses a Suplex onto the ramp with a Suplex of his own. Back into the ring they go. Belly-to-Belly Suplex by Kurt. He goes to climb the turnbuckle, but Tazz knocks him down and lands a Belly-to-Belly Superplex. Beautiful. Tazz almost gets the pin, but Angle got his foot on the rope. Bridged German Suplex by Kurt for a two count. Kurt goes for the Angle Slam but Tazz reverses into a German Suplex. It was a big one, though. Full flip and Angle lands on his face. Gorgeous. And a Belly-to-Belly by Tazz followed by a T-Bone Suplex. He then applies the Tazmission! The referee does the arm drop thing and calls for the bell due to Kurt not responding. I am highly disappointed with how short this match was. It was great for its length, but still very short.

Rating: 2.5 Stars

They carry Kurt out on a stretcher. They even get some oxygen in him with a mask. We go back to the Hardys with Terri and Cole is interviewing them. God, I love Terri. Awww, Jeff telling Terri she has to stay in the back. :(Matt is so good at promos. I don't care what anyone says. >_>

The Dudleys vs. The Hardy Boys - Tag Team Tables Match

Bubba cutting an epic heel promo. Now D-Von's on the microphone. I can't tell if the referee is Teddy Long or not. I think it is. Here comes The Hardy Boys. The Dudleys slide out of the ring and start the fight early. They all get back into the ring. Bubba gets a table. I thought that was D-Von's job. The Dudleys set the table up. Bubba tries to Back Body Drop Jeff through the table but Matt pushes the table out of the way. That's nice and all, but Jeff still took a Back Body Drop. Somersault Suicide Dive by Jeff to Bubba. J.R. doesn't know which Hardy is which. Matt sets the table back up as Jeff gets a chair. Now Matt tries to Back Body Drop D-Von through the table, but D-Von reverses into a Powerbomb set up, but Matt falls off of him and sets up for a Suplex. D-Von reverses into his own Suplex, but not through the table. Damn, Jeff drilling Bubba with the chair. Jeff doing his barricade dive thing, but Bubba throws a table at him and Jeff goes head-first into it. Doesn't break, though. Now the Dudleys switch opponents. Bubba puts Matt on the table in the ring. Bubb climbs the rope but Matt gets up and lands a punch either to the mid-section or balls. Can't tell where it hit. He sets up for a Superplex. Jeff jumps up there and helps, as they Double Superplex Bubba, but D-Von moves the table. These guys really need to learn how to help their partner not get hurt instead of just not going through a table. Matt gets a blue ladder. He hits both Dudleys with it. Matt and Jeff take one side of the ladder each and use it to sorta Clothesline Bubba out of the ring. Matt exits and grabs the steel chair. Beams Bubba over the back with it. Bubba's taking a lot of unprotected chair shots to the head. Matt lies Bubba on a table outside of the ring and then begins climbing a ladder. D-Von exits the ring and climbs the opposing side of the ladder. Matt pushes D-Von backwards and he lands on a fan, lol. He turns around and leaps off with a Leg Drop while Jeff comes from out of fucking nowhere with a dive onto Bubba at the same time, putting him through the table. Bubba's eliminated. Now it's D-Von taking unprotected chair shots to the head. Hardy Boys setting up two tables. One leaned against the barricade, the other laid out vertically from the barricade to the ring. They put D-Von on the latter table. Matt goes for a Leg Drop but D-Von moves and he crashes through the table. Then Jeff goes for a Somersault Suicide Dive, but D-Von moves and he goes through the other table. The match continues though, because they both went through tables by missing moves, not by their opponent's offense. Bubba returns with a chair and bashes Jeff over the head with it. Only person to not take an unprotected chair shot to the head so far was Matt. Bubba throws both halves of the steps in the ring. They set them up a little bit apart from each other and sets up a table on top of them. Top turnbuckle diving Powerbomb through the table by Bubba, making it Jeff vs. D-Von. The Dudleys immediately go to work on Jeff. They take Matt and Jeff into the crowd area. And now Matt gets his unprotected chair shot to the head. The Dudleys set up a table by the exit area. They set up another table next to it and then one on top of it. Low blow from D-Von to Matt. And now, a fourth table set up. They put Matt on top the tables. Guys, he's already eliminated. You need to focus on Je--Oh, hey Jeff. Jeff nails D-Von with a chair shot and then goes after Bubba but Bubba steals the chair and drills Jeff in the head. SO MANY UNPROTECTED CHAIR SHOTS TO THE HEAD! #BrainDamage Bubba grabs Jeff and takes him up the steps and onto the area above the chairs. Jeff low blows Bubba from behind and drills him with a chair. Twice. Bubba falls backwards as Matt moves and goes through three of the four tables, just missing one of the tables on the bottom. Match is still going though, as Bubba was already eliminated. Matt gets the table that's still standing. He puts D-Von on it and Jeff Swanton Bombs onto him. Beautiful. Very fun match.

Rating: 3.5 Stars

I wonder if refereeing this i what made Teddy obsessed with tag matches. "These guys are insane...Watch it again!" Lol Lawler. Bubba's hurting. Kurt's being checked on backstage. "What happened? Did I win?" Kurt. <3 Out comes Sgt. Slaughter, Tony Garea, Fabulous Moolah, Johnny V, Freddie Blassie and Jerry Lawler. They're here to judge something apparently. Well, Lawler is the host. Some guy in the crowd grabs Moolah and kisses her. Lol. Okay, so this is the Miss Rumble 2000 Contest. Here come the contestants. Ivory out first, followed by Terri <3, then Jacqueline, some girl named B.B., Lun--OH GOD WHAT IS THAT THING?! Erm, right, moving on. The Kat comes out next to Sable's theme for some reason. She was quite cute. And one more judge. Ha, Andy Ritcher from Conan O'Brien. <3 Let's go Terri! Or Kat. She's very cute too. Ivory is up first. She's very...Muscular. Next, my favorite, Terri. Gad damn, Terri. Next, Jacky. Wow, her breasts are way bigger than I remembered. What? I'm not a pervert. The whole point of this is to look at their boobs. m-a-dJacky with some interesting dancing. Now, B.B. She's pretty cute too. Not as cute as Terri or The Kat, though. Now that creepy looking thing, Luna. She refuses to take her robe off, thankfully. Finally, the Kat. She's wearing a bubble wrap bikini. Two of my favorite things; women and bubble wrap. King, don't get too excited. Oh boy, here comes Mae Young. She's wearing a robe. Dear lord, why? Sgt. Slaughter helping her into the ring. That's a gentleman, Lawler. So. Many. Wrinkles. She's doing the towel between the crotch thing with her robe. She just showed her tits and it was censored. For once, I'm thankful for censors. Mark Henry in for the save. Alright, winner time. With a unanimous decision, Mae Young wins. Why judges? Why? Andy, why did you do this to us? Coach at some complex thing. Fans are surrounding the fuck out of him. One guy is giving the finger. Chris and Chyna arguing over who gets to wear the Intercontinental Championship to the ring. Earl's like "alright, fuck off both of you. I'm taking it."

Chyna (c) vs. Chris Jericho (c) vs. Hardcore Holly - Intercontinental Championship

When Holly got introduced, the ring announcer said "weighing in at allegedly over 400 pounds" and then Holly came out and I spit my Dr. Pepper. Jericho's coming out with a microphone. He did the "ever, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever be forgotten agayne!" bit. <3 Holly shoves Chyna by the face and then goes after Jericho, only for Jericho to Hip Toss him to hell. Holly then bitch slaps Jericho. Jericho bitch slaps Holly. Chyna bitch slaps Holly. Chyna bitch slaps Jericho. So many bitch slaps. Damn, even Chyna does the ridiculous Shawn Michaels/HHH/Ric Flair turnbuckle Irish Whip sell. Nice Dropkick by Holly. Jericho and Holly with a Knife Edge Chop/Open Palm Slap to the chest battle. Holly wins that. Holly goes for a Hurricanrana, but Jericho reverses it into the Walls of Jericho, but Chyna breaks it up. Lol, Holly. Chyna knocks Jericho down and Holly immediately jumps on him for a pin like Chyna isn't gonna break it up. Chyna Clotheslines Holly out of the ring. Baseball Slide to Holly. Nice springboard by Jericho. He jumped onto the top turnbuckle and springboarded into a Cross Body to the outside onto Holly. Chyna with the handspring elbow in the corner and then follows up with a DDT onto Jericho. Two count, but Holly breaks it up. He then tosses Chyna out of the ring. Chyna goes to get onto the apron and, while she does that, she pulls down on the top rope. Meanwhile, Holly Irish Whips Jericho and, because Chyna was pulling down the top rope to get back onto the apron, Jericho goes flying to the outside. Chyna seems surprised and then Holly knocks her off the apron. Holly getting a chair. He goes to hit Chyna with it, but Jericho takes the chair from him. He quickly kicks Jericho in the gut and takes the chair back only for Chyna to Dropkick it into his face. Chyna throws Holly back into the ring and both her and Jericho climb separate turnbuckles. Chyna jumps off and Jericho jumps off like half a second later, Chyna landing a Splash onto Holly and Jericho landing a Splash onto both opponents. The referee does a count with both of them on Holly, but Holly kicks out. Jericho goes for a Back Suplex to Chyna but she lands on her feet behind him and then low blows him. Pedigree from Chyna to Holly for the two count. Very close two count. Chyna goes to climb the turnbuckle, but Holly grabs her in an Electric Chair as Jericho climbs another turnbuckle. Holly carries her across the ring and Jericho leaps off, Cross Bodying Chyna off of Holly's shoulder.s He pins her, but she kicks out. I thought that was it, actually, but they said she kicked out. Holly then Big Boots Jericho. He climbs the turnbuckle, but Jericho stops him and goes for a top rope Superplex, but Chyna trips them. Jericho flops to the outside. Top rope Superplex by Chyna to Holly, but Holly kicks out of the pin. Now Chyna's getting a chair as Holly goes after Jericho. She drills Holly with it and then applies a Boston Crab, but Jericho immediately runs in the ring and Bulldogs Chyna. Lionsault to Chyna for the win. Another excellent match.

Rating: 3.5 Stars

Cole interviewing The Rock. Rock does some of his usual shtick back when it was awesome. Him saying Crash Holly and Headbanger Mosh might give him some trouble in the Rumble. Cole asks if he should be concerned with The Big Show and Rock says Cole should be concerned with fixing himself a nice tall glass of shut up juice. He pushes Cole away and cuts a small promo on The Big Show. He guarantees he'll win the Rumble.

New Age Outlaws vs. Acolytes

This was after Bradshaw cut his hair but before he died it blond. The feud looked pretty intense. Even saw some blood drawn in this video package. I love how ridiculously similar the New Age Outlaws' entrance was back then compared to now. Road Dogg hasn't lost a beat. Acolytes waste absolutely no time going on the attack. After a brief fight outside of the ring, Bradshaw and Billy start. Wait a minute, Bradshaw has long hair here. But he had short hair in the preview thing. What kind of black magic is this? Road Dogg and Farooq get tagged in. Farooq goes for the Dominator, but Billy gets in and pulls Road Dogg down, only to get Clotheslined along with Dogg. Road Dogg does the Shake, Rattle & Roll bit and then goes to run to the ropes and return, but Bradshaw grabs him by the hair and yanks him down. Oh, hey, Kevin James ref is back. CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL! CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL! BAH GAWD! BAH GAWD! Farooq drills Road Dogg with a Spinebuster and goes for the cover, but Billy pulls the referee out of the ring. Bradshaw runs into Billy, knocking both him and the referee down. Assisted Powerbomb by Bradshaw and Farooq, but X-Pac hits the ring. He lands a Spinning Heel Kick to Bradshaw and then gets Spinebustered by Farooq. With Farooq busy with X-Pac, Billy and the referee re-enter the ring and Billy does the Fameasser to Bradshaw for the win. I'm fairly certain neither Bradshaw nor Billy were the legal men right there. Terrible officiating by Kevin James.

Rating: 1.5 Stars

Up next is Cactus Jack vs. Triple H in a street fight for the WWF Championship. Interesting video package. Jesus, the brutality in this shit. This should be a very good match.

Cactus Jack vs. Triple H w/ Stephanie McMahon - Street Fight for the WWF Championship

Jack completely shafts a dude in the front row who wants a hand slap. Stephanie's leaving. :(Foley with some trash talking and then the fight starts. Foley just beating the shit out of HHH. We head to the outside soon. Oh, not for long. :(Or yes for long. Damnit Jack, pick in the ring or out of it. Jack slamming HHH's head off the steps. Triple H with the bell to the head. Now HHH got a chair and he enters the ring with it. Foley runs at HHH but HHH drills him in the head with the chair. Although, Foley put his hand up. What, everyone in that Tag Team Tables Match can take unprotected chair shots to the head, but the sadistic as Cactus Jack can't? m-a-dHHH taking the top turnbuckle off, but Jack gets up and Clotheslines him. Now Jack has the chair. He lays it on HHH's head and does a running Leg Drop for a two count. They had back to the outside of the ring. Foley Back Body Drops Trips into the crowd area and he heads into there and they start fighting amongst the crowds. They head closer to the entrance way into a little alley-looking place and Foley lays down this wooden board thing. Two of them, actually. He then Suplexes Triple H onto them. And then he yells at HHH for a bit. Jack gets a trash can and drills HHH in the head with it. Jack Irish Whips HHH into a steel door and repeatedly rams his head off of it. HHH Back Suplexes Jack onto a trash can out of nowhere. They make their way back to the ring-side area. "WAITAK TAK TAK TAK TAK!" Those punching noises. Jack knees HHH's face into the steel steps. Brutal. Jack fetches a 2x4 wrapped in barbed wire. Awwww shiiiieeeeet. Jack goes to hit HHH with the barbed wire but HHH low blows him. HHH then drills Jack in the stomach and back with the barbed wire 2x4. Then again to the stomach...And again to the back. He goes to hit Jack with it again but Jack punches him in the gut and then lifts the 2x4 into HHH's groin. Ouch. Ref, don't take the weapon out of the ring. :(Double Underhook DDT by Foley. Two count, after the referee gives the Spanish announcers the barbed wire 2x4. Ha. Jack asks the referee where his weapon is, the referee refuses to tell him so he gets ready to sock the official and he tells him where it is. Foley goes and fetches the barbed wire 2x4. Cactus socks one of the Spanish announcers and the other one gives him the barbed wire 2x4. He heads back into the ring with it. The referee tries to take it away from Jack but he gets in the referee's face. HHH runs at them but Jack moves and HHH accidentally crushes Earl in the turnbuckle. Barbed wire to the face! Jesus, Jack runs at the downed HHH, leaps into the air and drops the barbed wire covered 2x4 on his face. Brutal. Bloooooooooooooooood! <3 Pin. HHH kicks out. Jesus, that blood's pouring. Another barbed wire shot to the face. Jack scrapes the barbed wire on HHH's face. HHH slides out of the ring and Foley follows him. Now Foley's punching him in the open cuts. HHH's face is literally covered in blood. Jack throws HHH on the commentary table. Jack goes for a Piledriver onto the table, but HHH reverses into a Back Body Drop. The way the table breaks is fucking brutal. It doesn't just collapse. Only the top part breaks. Blood is everywheeeeeere. It's beautiful. Just noticed HHH has a big cut in his leg. Not even sure what caused that. Back in the ring. HHH goes for the Pedigree, but Jack reverses by tripping HHH and then catapulting him into the turnbuckle. Damn, then Jack Bulldog's HHH onto the barbed wire 2x4. Ouch. Pin. Very late kickout. Cactus Clothesline to the outside of the ring. OW FUCK! Jack runs at HHH but HHH Hit Tosses him into the steps. That landing was brutal as fuck. He then Irish Whips him into the steps and that landing is even more brutal. Damn, Foley. HHH reenters the ring and Jack follows. HHH focusing on the leg that got hurt with the Hip Toss into the steps. Now HHH has the 2x4 again and he rams it against Jack's leg. Twice. HHH staggers out of the ring and gets handcuffs. He cuffs one of Jack's hands, but Jack fights back. Well, not for long. HHH handcuffs Jack's hands behind him. He then starts beating the fuck out of him with punches. And now stomps. HHH exits the ring and gets the top half of the steps. HHH lifts the steps and runs at Jack with them but Jack trips him, causing him to drop the steps and land head-first on them. Foley leaps into a Headbutt, or Shoulderbutt, into the groin of HHH. Jesus, Foley. He starts biting HHH's ear. HHH gets the advantage again and attacks Jack with brutal chair shots to the mid-section and back. Jack still has his hands cuffed, by the way. The fight breaks back out to the outside of the ring and they head up to the entrance way where HHH beams Foley with an unprotected chair shot to the head. He almost nailed Earl with the shot too. I can't tell if Cactus' mouth is bleeding or it's HHH's blood from when he was biting him. Jack starts screaming for HHH to hit him again. Bah Gawd, The Rock! The Rock! The Rock! The Rock just drilled HHH over the head with the steel chair! He then leaves quickly. A cop comes out and uncuffs Foley. Now Foley's kicking HHH's ass again. Foley throws HHH on the Spanish announce table. FUCK ME IN THE NIPPLE! This time Foley succeeds with the Piledriver, but the table doesn't even fucking budge. Ouch to infinite. Jack throws HHH back into the ring and gets a bag. Thumb tacks? Thumb tacks. Excellent. Here comes Stephanie. <3 Foley with a few right hands, almost knocking HHH backwards onto the thumb tacks. He backs up to the corner of the ring and runs at HHH, only for HHH to Back Body Drop him onto the tacks. Jayzoos. Pedigree follows this but it's only a two count! :OOH MY FUCK! Pedigree again onto the thumb tacks for the win. Fucking amazing match. One of the most brutal battles I've seen and it actually had great storytelling too. Definitely a classic.

Rating: 5 Stars

HHH gets put on a stretcher but Jack gets back up and goes after him, wheeling him back down to the ring and throwing him back in. Another barbed wire shot to the face by Jack. Stephanie looks terrified. Sexy as all fuck and terrified. Jesus, Foley got tacks in his skull. Lol, they originally try to carry HHH out on a stretcher but after Foley attacks him, he just walks out, albeit with help from Stephanie. It's like Foley's barbed wire 2x4 has healing powers. We head back to Coach. Oh, hey, Linda. They're mopping the tacks out of the ring. Some kid behind the commentators is swatting at invisible flies.

Royal Rumble Match

D'Lo Brown is out first. Number two is Grand Master Sexay. Lawler seems confused and disgusted. D'Lo attacks Grand while he's dancing. Apparently X-Pac is number 30. Some nice back and forth wrestling between D'Lo and Sexay. Grand reverses a Powerbomb into a Hurricanrana. Diving Dropkick to the back of D'Lo's head. Sexay tosses D'Lo out but he lands on the apron. Number three is Headbanger Mosh, wearing...Uhm...I'm not sure, actually. He's got boob cones. Kaientei! I remember this now. Them constantly entering the ring at random moments because they're pissed they aren't in the match. The non-Funaki one dies at some point. For now, they're just tossed out. Mosh dominating. I just realized Mosh is wearing rainbow knee pads. Epic Spinebuster by D'Lo to Mosh. Spinebuster, J.R., not Powerbomb. In at four is Christian. He immediately gets attacked by Mosh when he enters. Christian, shortly after, lands an Inverted DDT on Mosh. Number five is Rikishi. Awwww yeeeeeah. Superkick to Mosh and there goes Mosh. First one out. Belly-to-Belly Suplex to Christian and Christian is out. Swinging Neckbreaker from D'Lo to Rikishi before a Leg Drop, but Rikishi gets right up. Rikishi Driver to D'Lo. And there goes D'Lo. Now there's a stair down between Sexay and Rikishi. I believe Scotty comes out next at six. Yup, here he comes. Dance party time. Sexay puts the sunglasses on Rikishi. The lights go dark and now they're dancing. Beautiful. The Worm <3. Rikishi Clotheslines both of his boys and tosses them out. Awwww. :(More Rikishi dancing. Number seven is Steve Blackman. <3 So many epic kicks. Rikishi Driver to Blackman. And there goes Blackman. Boo. Although, that's six people Rikishi eliminated, I think. Rikishi waiting for number eight and it's Viscera. R.I.P. big boy. Exchanging shots. Big Belly-to-Belly Suplex by Viscera, followed by a Leg Drop. Stinger Splash by Viscera. Dat Superkick. Dat second Superkick. Dat third Superkick. Rikishi eliminates Viscera! Number nine is Big Bossman. Bossman being like "Should I enter? Naaaaah." A lot of stalling by Bossman. Number ten is Test! Another dead guy. That's three so far. Sad

Testicles attacks Bossman, but he reverses an Irish Whip into the steel post. Test reverses a Piledriver/Powerbomb set-up into a Back Body Drop, though. Jesus, the reaction from the female fans Test got when he took his shirt off. He starts choking Bossman with the shirt. Test tosses him in the ring and then enters after him. Bossman low blows Test right in the Testicles and then Rikishi gives a low blow to Bossman's little Bossmen. Number eleven is the British Bulldog. I swear I just heard WWE game commentary. "I think I saw a tooth fly out" by Lawler. I'm 99.99% sure that's in the games. Rikishi and Bulldog fighting while Bossman fights Test. Rikishi goes for his middle turnbuckle ass drop but Bulldog low blows him. So many low blows. Just realized, Rikishi is the only person in the ring still living today. Of course, this was 14 years ago. Number twelve is Gangrel. Bossman and Test team up on him instantly. Kaientei is back! And Taka died. Yeah, he dead. Thirteen is up and it's Edge. The ring's starting to fill up. Rikishi with the middle turnbuckle ass drop to Bossman. Fourteen is Bob Backlund. Ha. Everyone attacks poor Bob. And now everyone goes after Rikishi, eliminating him. Massive boos for that. Fifteen time, half-way there. Heeeeeeeere's Jericho! <3 Jericho eliminates Bob with a Dropkick. Backlund for some reason going into the crowd. I think he's lost. Sixteen is Tyson K--Oh, that's Crash Holly. Lol, Edge spanking Crash. No blue why I thought that was Tyson Kidd, this being fourteen years ago. Edge low blowing British Bulldog. The low blows continue. Seventeen is Chyna. "Chyna?" "Chyna?!" "Chyna?" "Chyna?!" She goes right after Jericho. Chyna runs at him but he Back Body Drops her out of the ring. She lands on the apron and then Suplexes Jericho to eliminate him. Boo, you bitch. Bossman knocks Chyna off the apron. Let's see who's left in the ring. Test, Gangrel, Bossman, Crash, Edge and British Bulldog. And now, at eighteen, Farooq. Three guys apparently called the Posse go after Farooq and help beat him down before exiting. Bossman then tosses Farooq out. He didn't last long. Nineteen is "OH YOU DIDN'T KNOW!" Road Dogg. He takes a low blow almost instantly, lol. "In the dog biscuits". Bossman almost eliminates Crash, but he stays in. Twenty, two thirds in. It's Al Snow.

Road Dogg eliminates British Bulldog. Silly Bossman, you can't push someone under the bottom rope and try to push him off to eliminate him that way. They gotta go over the top rope, buddy. Twenty-one is Val Venis. Eww. Someone eliminate him quickly. Val goes right after Test. Funaki is back! And he's gone again. Taka went to the hospital apparently. Doesn't surprise me. He took a nasty spill to the outside earlier. Why hasn't Val been eliminated yet? m-a-dTwenty-two is Tensai! Erm, I mean, A-Train! Wait, no, Prince Albert! There we go. Edge runs at Al Snow and Val, but they both duck and flip him to the outside to eliminate him. Quick head-count, left currently are Al, Val, Bossman, Crash, Test, Prince Albert, Road Dogg and Gangrel. Twenty-three is Hardcore Holly. The man whom weighs over 400 pounds. Should be tough to eliminate him. Lol, Al taps Albert on the back, he turns around and Snow pokes him in the eye. It was so casual. Like "Hey, how ya doin'? I'm just gonna stick my finger in your eye real quick, okay?" Twenty-four is The Rock! The whole crowd comes to life with The Rock's entry. He immediately eliminates Bossman. Rock, stop getting beaten up by Val and eliminate that bastard. Twnety-five time. It's Billy Gunn. Mr. Ass goes directly after Rock. Ha. Hardcore Holly is in a corner and Billy grabs The Rock and throws him into that corner. Holly just stares at him like "...But that was my corner. Sad" Thunderous DDT from Rock to Crash and Crash is out. Val is lasting entirely too long. Twenty-six is The Big Show! Bah Gawd! Rock immediately goes after Big Show. Big Show eliminates Test. He then eliminates Gangrel. Al with an lol worthy sell. He gets knocked on his ass and, for some reason, does a head stand. Twenty-seven is Bradshaw. Lemme see another Clothesline From Hell! The Posse is back out, but Bradshaw is kicking their asses. He tosses all three of them out, but then the New Age Outlaws eliminate Bradshaw. No Clothesline From Hell. :(Farooq comes back out and him and Bradshaw fight the Posse. Albert starts choking Val with something. Road Dogg's been clutching onto the bottom rope for most of this match. Twenty-eight is Kane. Awwww yeeeah. He's coming out with Tori. Val immediately attacks Kane and gets Chokeslamed out of the ring for it. Kane is my new hero. Twenty-nine is out now and it's The Godfather. That just leaves X-Pac. Some good looking hos with Godfather. Kane eliminates Albert with a Clothesline. Godfather and his hos doing laps around the ring. Funaki again! And Al has the pleasure of throwing him out this time. Another replay of Taka dying. Godfather's finally in. MAKE SOME NOOOOISE! X-PAC! <3

With the final man in, all that's left are X-Pac, The Rock, The Big Show, Kane, The Godfather, Al Snow, Billy Gunn, Road Dogg and Hardcore Holly. Al takes out Holly. Big Show tosses Godfather out like it's nothing. Samoan Drop from Rock to Al before he Clotheslines him out. Billy eliminates Road Dogg while his back was turned! You sumanugun! Jesus. Kane Uppercuts the shit out of Billy, flipping him out of the ring. Kane either gets pulled out or dragged under the bottom rope, I didn't see which, but he's still in it, along with X-Pac, The Rock and The Big Show. Holy fucking sell. Rock tosses X-Pac over the top rope and he goes fucking flying. Rock taking it to The Big Show now. X-Pac reenters the ring, apparently having not been seen getting eliminated due to the referees focusing on Kane and the New Age Outlaws fighting. Kane's back in the ring. Kane goes to Chokeslam Big Show, but Big Show breaks the grip. Then Big Show goes to Chokeslam Kane, but Kane breaks the grip. Kane with an Enzuigiri? Sexy. Kane Powerslamming Big Show. X-Pac eliminates Kane and then does the Bronco Buster to Big Show! All it did was piss him off, though. :(Big Show Military Press throws X-Pac out of the ring. Boooo. Down to The Rock and The Big Show. Rock Spinebustering Big Show! People's Elbow! Rock almost eliminates Big Show but gets Chokeslammed instead. Big Show picks The Rock up and tries to throw him out, but The Rock pulls Big Show out instead. Bah Gawd! The Rock! The Rock! The Rock!

Rock's on the microphone after the match. Cuts a very short promo and goes to do the "IF YA SMELL" bit, but Big Show attacks him. Rock is all like "LOL I DUN'T CARE, I STILL WON!"

All-in-all, this was a great Pay Per View. A five-star match, a couple of other good matches, one stinker and a very fun Royal Rumble. My only complaint (aside from the one shit match, of course), was that the Rumble was very predictable. I didn't even watch the build up and I immediately knew Rock would win after his promo. Still, great Pay Per View. I'd give it 4 stars. Thanks for the suggestion, Chilly. Anybody got any other suggestions, leave them in the comments.

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 6:21 pm

Wrestlewar 91

Last edited by Bull Headed Jeremy on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 1:49 am

Judgement Day 2000 or an ECW show.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 11:45 am

I think they are actually chanting "WE WANT TAZ!" at the start, as he'd been teased to debut for weeks before that. Edge wasn't even anywhere near being as over as he eventually got then Funny Kurt then went on for weeks afterwards that he never tapped out xD

I have a DVD of this where the bikini contest isn't censored...well, it has to giant pre-planned "Xs" come up on the screen, but they are terribly placed and you still see MAe Young's udders...fucking stuff of nightmares Shaking Head

But that Street Fight is still one of the best I've ever seen. I was memorized watching it the night after I had recorded it at the time...I think I still am. Funny They also actually switched the 2x4 when the ref stole it and put it under the announce table. If you look closely, the one they hide is a little undone at the top but when they get it back, it's perfect again. I guess Triple H didn't want actual barbed wire in his face Funny

Good read though dude and cheers for reviewing it good job
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 11:46 am

I may actually watch Cactus Jack vs HHH now, sounds like it was good.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 11:48 am

I actually thought they switched the 2x4. Not because of the top being messed up. I didn't notice that. But when they gave the Spanish guys the 2x4, they put it near the one guy's feet and when they got the 2x4 back, it was from under the table. Amazing match, though. Up next is Mink's suggestion in the other thread, Backlash 2001.

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 11:51 am

I'd love to see a Wrestlemania review. Maybe 19, 24, or 17.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 11:52 am

19 is my all-time favorite PPV. I just watched it recently, though. Same with 17. So I probably review them for a while. 24, I can do though. 2008, is it?

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 11:55 am

Yes it is. good job
One of my fave WMs actually. So this should be a good read.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 11:58 am

Also, review Survivor Series 2002. It's one of the very last PPVs, imo, that was actually really action packed and enjoyable before WWE started to get weak for a number of years.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:00 pm

I loved WWE in 2003 and 2004, so I'd have to disagree with that statement. Razz But I'll give that one a check too. Probably gonna finish Backlash 01, then do WM 24 and then Survivor Series 02.

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:01 pm

^ Yes! SS 2002 was also amazing! That one and SS 2004. I believe "Always" was the theme for 2002 and "Ugly" for 2004. Loved both.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:05 pm

Well I was brought up on the Attitude Era, so my tastes are different Funny
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:06 pm

Ruthless Aggression > Attitude Era, bitch.

Also, I believe 2002 was the start of the RA. I don\'t know

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:07 pm

I was brought up on the Ruthless Aggression Era and I loved it. Funny I love what I've seen of the Attitude Era too, though, but RA is my favorite. Still, thanks for the suggestions guys. I've got a nice list of PPVs to watch now.

Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:08 pm

It's just my opinion, but during that period of 2002 onwards, WWE went rather flat for a number of years due to having no legit competition...so they became very relaxed in what they did.

That's just me though.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:10 pm

No I know, we all have our own opinions. Funny

Most people seem to prefer the Attitude Era. I myself love 2002-mid 2008 the best. Ruthless Aggression.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:13 pm

I don't know how long the RA era actually counts as, but I loved from 2002 to early 2005 the most. Of course, if it's WWE, I'll watch it no matter what era.

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:18 pm

RA was from 2002-when PG started.

It's like,
Attitude Era -> ends when WWF becomes WWE in 2002, RA starts
Ruthless Aggression -> Starts when WWF becomes WWE and ends in mid 2008 when PG starts
PG -> mid 2008-now

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:28 pm

Money in the Bank 2011

Personally my all time favorite PPV that I watched live.  Also the only PPV I've paid actually money to have the entire show on DVD for.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:29 pm

^ Confusion. Don't know if you mean you actually went to go watch it live, or you saw it on PPV live. Funny

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:50 pm

On PPV/Stream, I've never seen a PPV live

I've only seen the shows, though I've seen Velocity, Heat, ECW, Smackdown and Raw.  

I just never had a real opportunity to see any PPVs live.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:54 pm

Ahhh gotcha. Same. Or shows for that matter.

Oh and yeah, MITB 2011 was great.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)   Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000) Empty

Back to top Go down

Gopher Review: Royal Rumble (2000)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1