HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Shield on Piper's pit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

The Shield on Piper's pit Empty
PostSubject: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 8:50 pm

There was so many things good about this segment. I was just marking out at the idea of seeing Piper and Dean Ambrose with mics in their hands at the same time. Which to me should have been a sigh of. "Don't let fucking Seth Rollins speak for one damn second." Nothing against him, he's improved on the mic, but no one wanted to hear him talk. Idk why they let that asshat from Iowa open his damn mouth during this segment. Shove a corncob mouth hole and tell him to shut it. Sit back and learn from one of the greatest on the mic and one of the current greats.
I really Love how Piper always has that ability to make things really personal, how he can inject real human emotion into something. Also I laughed my ass off when he pulled on Reign's cheek.
When the Shield had piper cornered, out comes Punk and the new age outlaws to make the save. This was really good television. This is the shit you expect to see on a Old School Raw. This was some good stuff.

What did you all think of it?
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 9:14 pm

I thought it was awesome. Unlike you, I actually liked the Seth part lol. My favorite part of it was when Reigns said "Touch me again and I'll break your old ass in half", actually marked out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 9:24 pm

to me it wasn't his place to speak. I mean he could have facial expressions, laugh and shit. But the only people who should be allowed to talk during that was Dean and Piper and Reigns at the end.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:28 pm

They're the Shield. All three of them are equals. Not "Dean and his friends".
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 11:13 pm

Ambrose is only beginning to show his stuff.

The pairing with Piper was no accident. WWE sees the same thing in Dean.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 11:31 pm

*Says*
"Nothing against him, he's improved on the mic"

*But then says*
"Idk why they let that asshat from Iowa open his damn mouth during this segment. Shove a corncob mouth hole and tell him to shut it. Sit back and learn from one of the greatest on the mic and one of the current greats. "

ROFL!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 11:37 pm

Personally I loved the segment as a whole. All did well, especially Piper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 11:43 pm

Quote :

hich to me should have been a sigh of. "Don't let fucking Seth Rollins speak for one damn second." Nothing against him, he's improved on the mic, but no one wanted to hear him talk. Idk why they let that asshat from Iowa open his damn mouth during this segment. Shove a corncob mouth hole and tell him to shut it. Sit back and learn from one of the greatest on the mic and one of the current greats.

face palm It wasnt "Roddy Piper talks to Dean Ambrose", it was "Roddy Piper talks to The Shield"
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 1:32 am

Yeah That
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 11:52 am

Yeah I know it was Piper talking to the shield. Like I said imo Seth should have just sat there and said nothing. Dean and Piper could carry the whole segment with just them talking.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 5:28 pm

That would have been shit. Good thing you're not WWE Creative.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 11:16 pm

So one of the greatest talkers of all time, taking on one of the greats right now in a segment is shit? How does that math work?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 11:33 pm

Because it was an interview with The Shield not Dean Ambrose
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 11:45 pm

Yeah That
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 11:51 pm

Okay look. It was a great segment yes, Seth didn't fuck anything up or anything else, but he didn't add much either. But with Piper's mic skill and Dean's mic skills, they could handle the promo all on their own. Which IM F'N O it should have been, because hearing those two going back and forward would have been more amazing and put a boost to Dean. Reigns at his SS moment as the last guy to beat'em all, this should have been Dean's. I don't give a fuck if it was The Shield in piper's pit, I still think it should have been Dean and Piper with Roman at the end be the only ones to speak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:07 am

Yes both men are great on mic, but you can't just exclude Seth Rollins. Sure his mic skills aren't top standards, but they're a hell of alot better then other wrestlers like Kofi Kingston. Also it wouldn't be a Shield promo if Seth just stood there.

As for your comment on Dean Ambrose needing to be the sole survivor at survivor series, I disagree with you. Dean Ambrose is good and all, but he's carried the United States Champion since Extreme Rules and has done pretty much jackshit with it. So giving the victory to Roman, aka a guy who'd play a good face, was the best decision.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 11:46 am

Oh Bull, you're such a fan boy. Shaking Head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 4:45 pm

I still don't give a fuck, Piper and Dean could and imo should have carried the whole segment. But they didn't , but I still believe and will always believe. Only thing I can hope for is when Dean finally goes solo, those two met again.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 4:51 pm

I actually watched this episode of Raw and rather liked this segment. Can't really see where Rollins was bad/didn't add much. Each member played their part well, I think; it gave them all some time on the mic.

If anything, it got all their personalties over - Ambrose was the loose cannon ready to flip, Rollins was the level headed one with an attitude and Reigns just wanted to hurt someone.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 6:48 pm

This would be like if someone got pissed off if someone other than Ric Flair got mic time during a Four Horsemen interview Funny
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 7:07 pm

I am not pissed off that Seth talked, I did not say Seth was ruining the segment, All I am saying is I would have prefered Dean and Piper talk more and went back and forward. I said it was a great segment, but I would have liked it more if there was more Dean and Piper

But you know what That has happen before when only one person in a stable talked and everyone else was just in the background. Triple H did that a lot with Evolution
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 10:31 pm

Evolution = 4 people that were already over super-group.
Shield = 3 stars getting over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 11:07 pm

I kinda wish Dean and Piper did talk more, only for the simple fact (And Bull will be mad) I didn't see the best mic work at out of Dean. All he did was talk in a weird slower voice/tone, nothing special
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 11:36 pm

We don't need anymore then what we got. Be greatful WWE booked the segment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 12:10 pm

Razor wrote:
Evolution = 4 people that were already over super-group.
Shield = 3 stars getting over.

if I remember only two member where super over at the time, while the other two where getting over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shield on Piper's pit   The Shield on Piper's pit Empty

Back to top Go down

The Shield on Piper's pit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next