How would you guys feel...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

How would you guys feel... Empty
PostSubject: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 12:46 am

I didn't make this a poll because I want actual insight rather than just voting.

Anyway, how would you all feel about adding a 5000 word limit across to weekly shows, but keeping PPVs with no word limits?

Having a show every week can be a bit stressful for some people, I understand that. So what if we were to add a 5000 word limit across for weekly shows? That way people don't need to worry about others going overboard and they feel the need to write a ton or else they'll lose.

Now, I have personally never been a fan of word limits, but judging by the amount of no shows this last card, it appears something has to be done.

Please note that this thread will not in any way decide whether or not we will add word limits, this is just to get the general opinion of it all so we can factor that into our decision.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 12:56 am

INB4 ragefest of people I aint bothered

My opinion: I don't give a damn. I think the main problem with the fed is how it's set up. Card going up Sunday/Monday, ending Saturday. Most people's free time (I'm assuming) is the weekend. So Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. So we have all these people (I'm one of them) rushing to do their post because it's due on the day they have actual free time. But that's another story.

I think all non-main event and all non-title matches (on Vendetta) should be maxed at 5K words. The rest get no limit. With the PPV having no limit.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 4:46 am

People don't no-show because they can't be asked to write more than 5K... they no show because they legitimately do not care about the outcome of the match. That's the problem you're facing: How do we make matches important?

I was exploring ideas in the GM Room I believe a while back. Think about adopting a point-system that rewards people with title shots, pick-the-stipulation-matches, and whatever other rewards you can think of.

Now, another way to attack the issue would be to make matches important by having less of them, which is another thing I wanted to explore. John Cena doesn't have a match on every Raw. The culture in this fed is that you NEED to have a match every week... I think people would be burned out less if we transitioned into forced cards off, and I imagine it'll lead to more people in the fed.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 5:26 am

You could place the word limits at 100 words and people still wouldn't be arsed to show. People skip the matches every week because they are just lazy or way too busy to actually be in the fed to begin with. It's how it's always been. We had the limit at 5000 before and it made zero difference to how many people shown up.

Like Ian said, you need to make the place feel important. Right now, I'll be honest, the fed is boring as hell. There is zero kayfabe stuff that goes on bar the handful that actually can be bothered to do it, there are no awards each card for people to want to win, the card isn't even really announced when it's released and there is never any news in the XWA.com section for people to invest in. It feels very flat.

I honestly am not fussed if there are word limits or not, as I'll be showing up regardless, but it won't remotely solves the issue. I like Ian's idea of forcing people to take breaks, though when I suggested something similar with promos when we were trying to fix all that when I was GM, people got pissy about being told when to be booked. On the flip side however, the people no showing are not remotely burn out, because they just keep on no showing...

The place needs to feel more important. Right now, it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 10:48 am

Ive already gave my opinion in the GM room and yeah every match just seems like a walk through while we wait for a PPV. And I agree with the last part of Ian's comment actually. Also the deadlines are awful, them being due Saturday anyways. I believe Caleb explained this in the GM Room.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xwa-universe.com
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 11:19 am

People don't usually write more than 5k for Vendetta anyway.

There should definitely be some sort of Power Rankings, and that should impact who gets title shots in some way (However, I am opposed to simply "#1 Guy gets a title shot, automatically"). Like, when it comes to deciding a new #1 contender, take two, maybe 3 guys that are in the top 5 and have been consistently, and put then in a #1 Condender's Match.

Also, Match of the Night and Wrestler of the Month should come back. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 11:40 am

To the whole "the fed needs side stuff", I plan to do all of that after Xtrememania. Seeing as I'm juggling being a fedder, a GM, and a student at school, I've had very little time to do much of anything like that. Like I said, once XM passes and I'm a full time GM, I'll be able to focus all my time on that. I do plan to bring back Match of The Night, the Yearly and Monthly Awards, I plan to post a lot more in the XWA.com section, and the power rankings, amongst all that other stuff. I agree the fed is kinda boring right now, just bear with me till XM.

I actually had something similar in mind, TJ. Ian's "points suggestion" and the "bring back power rankings" thing got me to think about that. If we combined the two it'd be good in my mind. I like the idea of giving someone who's consistently in the #1 spot in rankings (not someone who's #1 once, as I'm sure that spot may juggle around), to get a chance at a title, whether it be a no. 1 contender match or a title match itself. The problem is, we really don't have a ton of e-fedders right now, so it's hard to do a top 10 when we have like 15> active people on the roster. Maybe a top 5 would work a little better.

I agree with you, Ian, on the forced breaks thing. I will look into how to make that work.

As for the deadline thing, I agree that Saturday is a bad time for a deadline. I feel I'm more motivated to grade and put cards up on time when it's not a weekend. Like I said, seeing as I'm a student right now and struggling with it all, weekends I tend to get lazy. I've stopped going out, I've stopped doing much of anything simply cause all I wanna do is relax, watch football, PPV's, etc. etc.

However, I don't see how we could make that work. What could be a better deadline then, or schedule?
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 11:41 am

The only better one I could think of would be Sunday night...
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 11:56 am

Sunday night is the only other best slot, that way everyone gets the weekend (and then can't use the excuse of being "busy" all week). You guys seem to nail through the gradings in one day anyway and also release the next card quickly because we've stopped doing the needless long ass opening promos that always held the cards back a day or two.

As for the rankings, it doesn't matter how many there are, just rank everyone no matter how big the roster is. Just have the top 5 have the main focus or something, then just list the remaining members with their points tally (or however you're going to do it). But I am very happy to see that sort of stuff is coming back after XM. I know time is a bitch, but with you Razor not actually fedding full time after XM, it will get better good job

I'd put the word limits on for Vendetta anyway, then no one can bitch about that, even though it won't make a difference xD Though it does stop certain people *cough*ME*cough* going overboard without realising... shifty
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 11:58 am

and then I'd have Monday to grade, that works for me. Let's see what others have to say.

And yeah definitely, it will get a lot better after XM Funny I just felt XM would be the best time to end my spot as a full time fedder.

and if we go through with all this other stuff, I may not bother with word limits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 12:12 pm

STATICK wrote:
People don't no-show because they can't be asked to write more than 5K... they no show because they legitimately do not care about the outcome of the match. That's the problem you're facing: How do we make matches important?

Now, another way to attack the issue would be to make matches important by having less of them, which is another thing I wanted to explore.... I think people would be burned out less if we transitioned into forced cards off, and I imagine it'll lead to more people in the fed.
Now expanding off of that idea, what would add a bit of new life into the fed is something that I've advocating for the longest of time and I was actually DOING when I was GM (reference Hitman Alex and Riley Williamson feud). Bringing more kayfabe into the eFed. Have guys work together on promos and storylines because right now, each person is going out to the ring and talking all night, but that's not entertaining much of any and somewhere along the line, people decided that they didn't want others using their characters so no one has interaction before their matches.

Currently, every guy here has their own version of events and how they went down in XWA. Generally, no one knows what is going on in the eFed at first glance and would have to follow people consistently and talk to them directly to know what everyone is doing. A post show recap section where the winning matches are posted along with promos in the order they came would add a pacing and realism to the fed. Keeping along with this would be storyline advancements updates that are done after Cards to shed light on major storylines as well as what is happening with midcarders and not just main event storylines, this can be done regularly through XWA.com and should NOT, be done by the wrestlers, but by the GM alone.

Continuing with this is the idea of structuring match finishes and general overview to go into storyline canon. Some people may not be wholly satisfied with their entire match being scrapped and having to go with another's match that showed them in lesser light for storyline purposes. To remedy this, the eFedders would have to PM the victor and work together to come up with a proper finish that both men are suitable with and gets their ending points across. This is something I tried to do with Chilly this last card, but he seemed to brush off that email. What can be done to combat this is to add the GM to the initial PM you send (as well as all others PMs exchanged between you two) and the recipient must reply within 24 Hrs the email being sent--granted, they have to be shown to have logged back on within that time span, if they do not, it warrants a reply the next time they log in. If communication is not had within 48 hrs of the initial message, the GM who was also added to the conversation must come read both endings and come up with a conclusion that suits both men, but if contact is made and an agreement is done, the finished product must be sent to the GM as a summary to be posted on XWA.com.

In relation to promos and storylines, as above, I made reference of Hitman Alex and Riley Williamson's feud under my time as General Manager. At my behest, those two worked together and came up with promos that got each man's point across. Though, unlike what has gone on before and after my time, I gave each man a direction. I asked them beforehand if there was anything they wanted to do specifically, they had vague ideas and I used that to build off of and give them something to work with. That's what a GM does, not simply grade matches, make rules, and throw out cards.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 12:16 pm

I didn't brush off anything. I hadn't been on since the Sunday before, if you would have noticed, and didn't read my PMs all week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 12:18 pm

^Is that all you took from that?

But yes, there is an Outbox that says what has not been opened and the Sentbox shows what has been properly sent and viewed. Guess which category you fell in?
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 12:20 pm

"To remedy this, the eFedders would have to PM the victor and work together to come up with a proper finish that both men are suitable with and gets their ending points across."

Except people already do that. I had Axel and Deal do it the past few weeks and I've done it myself in matches against opponents. I don't plan to attack someone cause they dont want to though.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 12:22 pm

Ɖaŋte B. Cooper wrote:
^Is that all you took from that?

But yes, there is an Outbox that says what has not been opened and the Sentbox shows what has been properly sent and viewed. Guess which category you fell in?
I went through my PMs quickly one night and only read one properly, which was from SaintPat. Stop implying shit...
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 12:23 pm

If you want your character to look strong, then win.

That's what I was always told.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 12:23 pm

Just because you do it doesn't mean everyone else does. They don't do that, and that's  a fact that can be shown correctly regularly. I am talking about it being more than just a thing two guys like Deal and Abdel do on a oneoff instance.

@Chilly, not implying anything. Just stating what I see.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 12:25 pm

If a person makes another character look like absolute shit, they're PROBABLY going to lose the match since character portrayal is a huge part of the match.

Nonetheless, I'm not going to force anyone to write a certain way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 12:27 pm

RAZOR wrote:
If a person makes another character look like absolute shit, they're PROBABLY going to lose the match since character portrayal is a huge part of the match.

Nonetheless, I'm not going to force anyone to write a certain way.
I'm not saying you have to. It's all at the GM's discretion, which is why I said you'd be attached to all PMs.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 1:52 pm

Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't think the opportunity to MAYBE get a title shot, or how my character is handled by others would influence whether or not I showed...
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 7:33 pm

I don't like the idea of forcing people to take breaks from the fed. I hope that, if that is implemented, I can still have matches every week once I return from my aunt's. Sometimes you're just in the mood to eFed and others time you're not. It would suck to be forced to have the week off and then suddenly you wanna do a match, but you don't have any match to do.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 7:41 pm

Cry me a river I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
http://www.xwa-universe.com
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 7:54 pm

You don't have to make it a requirement for everyone to take weeks off... People like you can just be the exception rather than the rule. Everyone that joins would be assumed to go by the proposed schedule unless they worked with the GM to be booked more frequently.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 8:01 pm

As long as people who want to be booked weekly can, then I don't have a problem with that idea.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 11:52 pm

Yeah I was gonna say the same thing, if you really don't want to take a break, there is no reason to actually FORCE you to take one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel...   How would you guys feel... Empty

Back to top Go down

How would you guys feel...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next