HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metallica to perform in Antarctica

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Metallica to perform in Antarctica Empty
PostSubject: Metallica to perform in Antarctica   Metallica to perform in Antarctica EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:04 am

Metallica are to perform in Antarctica.
The 'Enter Sandman' rockers will take to the stage on the Earth's southernmost continent - which is mostly covered in ice at least 1.6km thick - at some time between December 2 and December 15 as part of a special Coca-Cola event.
Although the group haven't confirmed their participation in the event - which was announced on the drinks firm's Colombian website - drummer Lars Ulrich has previously hinted at a surprise planned for the end of the year.

He said: ''There's a very interesting thing coming our way in December ... There's another frontier heading in Metallica's direction in December. Which, if anybody [in our management team] even knew that I just said what I just said, they would hunt me down and silence me. But there is another frontier coming in December, which we're very excited about.''
The first rock concert performed in Antarctica took place six years ago at British Antarctic Survey's (BAS) Rothera Research Station.

It was one in a series of Live Earth concerts that were all held on July 7 2007 in all seven continents and while the science team's house band NUNATAK performed live to just 17 people, the show was broadcast throughout the world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metallica to perform in Antarctica   Metallica to perform in Antarctica EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:05 am

The boys are in for a huge audience there. The polar bears and seals can rock it out Rock On 
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Metallica to perform in Antarctica   Metallica to perform in Antarctica EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:47 am

I love Metallica Funny
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Metallica to perform in Antarctica   Metallica to perform in Antarctica EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:53 am

anachain na laethanta wrote:
The boys are in for a huge audience there. The polar bears and seals can rock it out Rock On 
Seals listen to R&B.

(See what I did there?)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Metallica to perform in Antarctica   Metallica to perform in Antarctica EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 1:56 pm

Fun fact: It's also Rob's birthday today. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metallica to perform in Antarctica   Metallica to perform in Antarctica EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 2:23 pm

I wonder how they're going to be able to pull this off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metallica to perform in Antarctica   Metallica to perform in Antarctica EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 7:02 pm

Minkaro wrote:
anachain na laethanta wrote:
Seals listen to R&B.

(See what I did there?)
Yes lol
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Metallica to perform in Antarctica   Metallica to perform in Antarctica EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:31 pm

They really don't want to not steal every penny from their fans.

Metallica to perform in Antarctica FJBloTX
Metallica to perform in Antarctica Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallica to perform in Antarctica   Metallica to perform in Antarctica Empty

Back to top Go down

Metallica to perform in Antarctica

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1