HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWE attorney responds to Martha Hart's comments on lawsuit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

WWE attorney responds to Martha Hart's comments on lawsuit Empty
PostSubject: WWE attorney responds to Martha Hart's comments on lawsuit   WWE attorney responds to Martha Hart's comments on lawsuit EmptyWed May 20, 2020 12:09 pm

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-attorney-responds-martha-harts-comments-lawsuit-311331

Quote :
What she did whenever this happened is, she hired a lawyer in Kansas City who we caught essentially trying to fix the judicial selection process to get a judge that was more to their liking. We caught them and went all the way to the Missouri Supreme Court. The Missouri Supreme Court said, 'No, no, no. We're not going to let that happen.' They essentially appointed an independent judge to come in from outside of Kansas City to oversee the proceedings. We were basically trying to find out what happened that night. Martha was not even remotely interested in finding out what happened that night; she just wanted to used it as a vehicle to beat up a business that she didn't like that her husband was in, the wrestling business.

Quote :
In exchange for that, they were all promised a share of any verdict or settlement, which is highly illegal, completely improper and you can get in big trouble for that. What happened was some of the members of the Hart family were offended by this because they realized this was wrong...They knew this was wrong and they faxed me those documents, which I fell out of the chair when I read them. I was like, 'You've got to be kidding me. This is completely illegal, you can't do this stuff.' All of that was then brought to the attention of the judge in Kansas City.

Quote :
Vince told her right there, 'Look, Martha, I feel so bad for what happened. I feel responsible because this happened on my watch. I want to take care of you and your family, I loved Owen.' He was almost crying. We offered $17 million to take care of her. How many times does a CEO walk in a room and say he feels responsible? 'I'm not going to argue, I just feel responsible for what happened.' They turned it down; they wanted to go to court for their $35 million. Fine, we'll go and litigate. The next day, I get a call from her Canadian lawyer, saying they didn't want to do it because they knew what they were facing with the other things I talked about. They said, 'If you could put a little more money in. If you can go to $18 million we'll settle right now.' That's how the settlement went down.

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

WWE attorney responds to Martha Hart's comments on lawsuit Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE attorney responds to Martha Hart's comments on lawsuit   WWE attorney responds to Martha Hart's comments on lawsuit EmptyWed May 20, 2020 4:03 pm

I never trust any corporations take on these lawsuits, ever since the McDonalds coffee one.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

WWE attorney responds to Martha Hart's comments on lawsuit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1