HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Harry Potter movie planned?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Another Harry Potter movie planned? Empty
PostSubject: Another Harry Potter movie planned?   Another Harry Potter movie planned? EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 9:56 am

Warner Bros. have hinted at a Quidditch-based 'Harry Potter' spin-off.
The film studios - who already announced author J.K. Rowling will be writing the script for 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them', based in the wizard world she created - has also trademarked 'Quidditch Through the Ages'.

The book of the same title, which is based on the fictional sport she created for the original novels, was one of two spin-offs released for charity Comic Relief in 2001, and both films could be kick-starting a new 'Harry Potter' franchise.
According to BleedingCool.com, the company applied for several terms to be trademarked, including three hinting at the rumoured Quidditch movie.
Along with the title, Warner Bros. also tied up team names Wimbourne Wasps, Chudley Cannons and Kenmare Kestrels, along with the original book's fictional author Kennilworthy Whisp.

Previously speaking about the 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' movie - which will follow its writer Newt Scamander - J.K. Rowling noted while it was set in the 'Harry Potter' universe, it would not have a connection to the original story.
She said: ''Although it will be set in the worldwide community of witches and wizards where I was so happy for seventeen years, 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' is neither a prequel nor a sequel to the Harry Potter series, but an extension of the wizarding world.
''The laws and customs of the hidden magical society will be familiar to anyone who has read the Harry Potter books or seen the films, but Newt's story will start in New York, seventy years before Harry's gets underway.''
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Harry Potter movie planned?   Another Harry Potter movie planned? EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 9:58 am

In The Goblet of Fire, Ireland defeated Bulgaria in the Quidditch World Cup by 10 points yay OoO yeah 
This would be cool if it was made
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Another Harry Potter movie planned?   Another Harry Potter movie planned? EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 10:08 am

Hmm, maybe something based on Quidditch would work better as a TV series? Having multiple teams means you're going to have lots of characters, so that leaves the danger of not having enough time to establish a lot of them if you're having to fit everything into two and a bit hours worth of film. It'd also mean that they could divide the time better between letting us get to know the characters, and showing the Quidditch matches.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Another Harry Potter movie planned?   Another Harry Potter movie planned? EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 6:51 pm

I like the idea that Mink pitched about creating a TV-show spin-off of Quidditch games.

It's not a connection with the Harry Potter series anyways, so it add sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Harry Potter movie planned?   Another Harry Potter movie planned? EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 8:06 pm

You guys do know that the game of Quidditch is terribly flawed right?

It's point system is illogical.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Another Harry Potter movie planned?   Another Harry Potter movie planned? EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 9:47 pm

There should be a spin-off featuring Albus Severus Potter (Harry Potter's son).
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Another Harry Potter movie planned?   Another Harry Potter movie planned? EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 10:02 pm

I want to see Mexico's Quidditch team get their asses handed to them by Argentina (like in soccer) in the movie, too. YO

Last edited by Randy Marsh on Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Another Harry Potter movie planned?   Another Harry Potter movie planned? EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 10:05 pm

I've read part of the quidditch book...it's more of a documentary than a story...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Harry Potter movie planned?   Another Harry Potter movie planned? EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 10:16 pm

When I first read the book Goblet of Fire, I thought Bulgaria was a made up country. suspicious
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Another Harry Potter movie planned?   Another Harry Potter movie planned? EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 10:21 pm

Ɖaŋte Cғoss wrote:
When I first read the book Goblet of Fire, I thought Bulgaria was a made up country. suspicious
Another Harry Potter movie planned? The-more-you-know-o
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Another Harry Potter movie planned?   Another Harry Potter movie planned? EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 10:37 pm

ROFL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Harry Potter movie planned?   Another Harry Potter movie planned? EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 11:53 pm

I figured it out though after a few chapters though. I was on it for a while because I was wondering "Why would she have a fake country in here while all these others are real".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Harry Potter movie planned?   Another Harry Potter movie planned? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 6:12 am

Well whatever they decide to do, it'll be good.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Another Harry Potter movie planned?   Another Harry Potter movie planned? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 6:48 am

lol @ Dante Funny

I wouldn't be shocked if there ended up being a Harry Potter universe TV series eventually. Seems to be a trend now to do spin offs from films. Frankly, anything Harry Potter related shall be awesome.

Hey and maybe, we can start getting yearly Quidditch games and rival FIFA Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Harry Potter movie planned?   Another Harry Potter movie planned? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 6:51 am

Well they have Pottermore. That's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Another Harry Potter movie planned?   Another Harry Potter movie planned? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 7:42 am

Chilly wrote:
Hey and maybe, we can start getting yearly Quidditch games and rival FIFA Funny
Wouldn't be hard, FIFA is shite.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Another Harry Potter movie planned?   Another Harry Potter movie planned? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 7:44 am

ROFL! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Harry Potter movie planned?   Another Harry Potter movie planned? Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Harry Potter movie planned?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1