HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending Empty
PostSubject: J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending   J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:54 pm

J.K. Rowling isn't sure she ended 'Harry Potter' in the right way.
The author concluded her hugely successful series of books about the boy wizard with his best friends Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley married - which upset many fans who thought Harry should have got with Hermione - and now she's not sure if that was the right decision.

She told Wonderland magazine: ''For reasons that have very little to do with literature and far more to do with me clinging to the plot as I first imagined it, Hermione ended up with Ron.
''I know, I'm sorry, I can hear the rage and fury it might cause some fans, but if I'm absolutely honest, distance has given me perspective on that. It was a choice I made for very personal reasons, not for reasons of credibility.

''Am I breaking people's hearts by saying this? I hope not.''

The 'Harry Potter' novels were made into a hugely successful series of films starring Daniel Radcliffe as the boy Wizard, Rupert Grint as Ron and Emma Watson as Hermione, and the latter echoes Rowling's thoughts.

She said: ''I think there are fans out there who know that too and who wonder whether Ron would have really been able to make her happy.''
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending   J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:56 pm

I think the ending was perfect, there was no need to change it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending   J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 7:00 pm

She built up the romance between Ron and Hermione. It turned out fine. Though I did think it'd be Harry and Hermione.

I would of preferred Draco and Hermione though I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending   J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 10:16 pm

Yes because we really needed the main male character falling in love with the main female character.

Not like we don't see that already in everyday literature.

Plus, it's not like Ron/Hermione was a sudden thing. There are subtle little hints throughout and there was a build up.

Cry some more that your ship didn't sail, Harry/Hermione shippers.
Back to top Go down
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending   J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 10:34 pm

I heard she considered killing Ron off as well. Poor Ron. Funny
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending   J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 10:36 pm

Strife wrote:
I heard she considered killing Ron off as well. Poor Ron. Funny

That would've been good. I liked Ron. But for the generation that Harry Potter was in, it would've been amazing to see a more major death. So killing one of the main three would've been good. So long as it was towards the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending   J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 10:37 pm

Yea she said she was feeling down or something contemplated killing Ron off Funny Thankfully she didn't. Though it would of added something more to the movies.

Last edited by Tiff on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending   J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 10:39 pm

^^
I agree. That would've sent shockwaves for sure.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending   J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 11:12 pm

I mean she did build up the two relationships between Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione, so in the end it didn't seem so bad when they got married to their sweethearts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending   J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending Empty

Back to top Go down

J.K. Rowling unsure about Harry Potter ending

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1