Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore   Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 3:24 pm

Minkaro wrote:
I love LU, but I think that might be because it's something that you can watch as "a TV show" rather than "a wrestling show." Yes, there's wrestling in it, but to the same extent that there's boxing in Rocky. It's not a perfect analogy, because wrestling in WWE is fake too, but it's the presentation of it. The focus from LU is much more on the story behind the wrestling, which allows for the more over-the-top style.
It's funny you mention Rocky because those movies have the most unrealistic boxing I have seen in a movie suspicious
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore   Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 5:45 pm

MooseNugget wrote:
Minkaro wrote:
I love LU, but I think that might be because it's something that you can watch as "a TV show" rather than "a wrestling show." Yes, there's wrestling in it, but to the same extent that there's boxing in Rocky. It's not a perfect analogy, because wrestling in WWE is fake too, but it's the presentation of it. The focus from LU is much more on the story behind the wrestling, which allows for the more over-the-top style.
It's funny you mention Rocky because those movies have the most unrealistic boxing I have seen in a movie suspicious

I don't like boxing, so that might be why I like Rocky.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore   Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 6:17 pm

Yeah That I love the concept of LU tbh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore   Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 7:25 pm

I think you can sell the idea of LU better to a main stream crowd if you present it as a TV show more then a wrestling show.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore   Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 7:29 pm

They'd probably be flipping channels and laugh at the goofy fake wrestling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore   Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 7:33 pm

i said lucha underground not roh
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore   Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 7:42 pm

Bull clown
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore   Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 10:08 pm

I agree with the vast majority of things on this page of replies, especially Mink's explanation of what Lucha Underground is. That is exactly what it is.

I'm going to let Bull's anti-ROH tirade go... but to say Jay Lethal is boring on the mic is just blasphemy. He's top 10 on the planet right now. His promo to AJ Styles before Final Battle was one of the best post-Punk promos in wrestling.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore   Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 3:53 am

I don't watch RoH much, but I think Bull is just hating on it cause RoH fans hate what he likes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore   Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jim Cornette Rants About Nobody Believing in Wrestling Anymore

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3