HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough? Empty
PostSubject: Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough?   Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 3:43 pm

There are some people saying Ryback got the Intercontinental Title as a way to promote Tough Enough with a babyface on Raw that the casual crowd may have some investment in since he's an alum. Do you think that's true?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough?   Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 5:16 pm

I doubt that is the reason why they put the title on him. I mean there are many reasons why they would. Like the fact he is super over, he has a connection with the crowd now and is very comfortable on the mic, he is well liked backstage. But if that is reason then I don't care, as long as he is a champion.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough?   Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 5:31 pm

Probably I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough?   Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 5:42 pm

Man he ain't "super over". Funny

but yeah, obviously it wouldn't be the only reason. They didn't sign Maven back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough?   Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 5:54 pm

only places he isn't are the smark towns. But usually the crowd is always positive and loud for ryback.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough?   Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 6:00 pm

He's been getting no reaction on his entrances lately. They haven't been in any smark towns.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough?   Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 6:08 pm

Just because he has a catchphrase of "FEED! ME! MORE!" and does a thing with his arm, doesn't mean he's "super over" or anything. Even if the crowd says it out loud.

That's the only thing I can think of about him being "super over" (and again, that doesn't mean he is. If that means he's "super over", then so is Zack Ryder because people still do "WOO WOO WOO!")
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough?   Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 6:11 pm

That's not what I hear. He has pretty good reactions with his entrances. Neutral but whatever

Super may not be the word for it. But Ryback is over.

Last edited by Fall of Man on Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough?   Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 6:12 pm

He's on the path to getting over, but he's not there yet. He was getting good reactions a couple of years ago before WWE turned him heel and ruined it.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough?   Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 6:20 pm

I'm not saying he's not "over" either, just that he's not "super over"

He's in a position to be rewarded. I was happy he got the title. But the Tough Enough thing has me suspicious a bit about the timing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough?   Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 6:23 pm

maybe super is not the word to use.

But Also I don't think it's because of tough enough and the reason why is because if it was he be talking about it non-stop. Hey I came from tough enough and look how far I have made it. Tough enough thought me this and that and blah blah blah.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough?   Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 7:01 pm

That's valid.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough?   Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 7:12 pm

To be fair, Tough Enough is starting tonight.

So there's still plenty of time for him to bring it up.
Back to top Go down
MFiSG
Middle Carder
MFiSG

PostSubject: Re: Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough?   Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 9:46 pm

I wouldn't doubt that Tough Enough is a pretty big reason as to why he was given the title. His post-Wrestlemania mini-feud with Bray Wyatt certainly makes it seem like it was a snap decision, something they definitely didn't plan for (as crazy as that sounds, a lack of planning in WWE). Could also explain why Miz rose from out of absolutely nowhere to suddenly become a contender for the title.

But, I don't think that's the only reason he was given the title. He's a strong babyface to step in for an injured Daniel Bryan, he's over with the younger audience, he gives the company a good image, and he's relatively fresh since he'd never had a single championship run beforehand.

I MEAN WHO DOESN'T LOVE DA BIG GUY The Big Guy Likes!
Back to top Go down
fuse
Middle Carder
fuse

PostSubject: Re: Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough?   Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 11:55 am

R-Truth should be IC champion.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough?   Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 1:53 pm

NAH

R-Truth should be World Heavyweight Champion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
fuse
Middle Carder
fuse

PostSubject: Re: Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough?   Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 4:17 pm

R-Truth should have all the titles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough?   Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did Ryback get the Intercontinental Title to promote Tough Enough?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1