HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vendetta #103 Grades

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Riley Williamson
Main Eventer
Riley Williamson

Vendetta #103 Grades Empty
PostSubject: Vendetta #103 Grades   Vendetta #103 Grades EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 9:49 am

MATTHEW BRADLEY VS. BOB SAVAGE
SINGLES MATCH
GRADER: NONE

Matthew Bradley Defeats Bob Savage. Matthew, one of our GM's will send you Feedback to your Match as requested by you..

XTREME ICON VS. JOEY JOBBERTON
SINGLES MATCH
GRADER: NONE

Xtreme Icon Defeats Joey Jobberton.

JELLAL VS. VAN "THE PLAN" SCARBUROUGH
SINGLES MATCH
GRADER: RILEY

Van "The Plan" Scarburough: The way you started your match was entertaining in a somewhat level, Van asking the Ref who is the person that is standing across the ring before the Ref replies by saying that is his opponent. I think this is what you did on your part of the match. You really putted over Van as this, worried but cocky individual, who can be quite distasteful at times and you really putted his persona over here. The Stinger Splash from the corner followed by the back heel kick was beautiful, especially where you had Jellal pick Van from the second rope, showing his amazing strength and then doing a 180 Degree spin turn and just drives him down into the center of the ring. Not showing that he is done and then having Jellal show off his brute strength again, picking him up and then just charging forward and slams him into the corner which made me cringe my Teeth alittle bit.

Jellal: You continued onto Van's post really good. Explaining how Jellal was suffering from the pain that Van had inflicted on him following the bite he received on his arm. Description wise, you did really well in. Describing the thoughts and what is going on inbetween the two wrestler's minds. To me, I feel like there was more Description then interms of Action going on within your post. The Second Paragraph, last sentence all the way through out your Third Paragraph there was allot of Clotheslines that Van had sent to Jellal to which,I thought was overkill. To be honest with you, this would've made more sense had it been in a more longful match post but here, it doesn't really flow well.

Verdict: I am going to have to give this one to Van "The Plan" Scarburough" His Post had a equal balance of Selling, Action, Description and I thought, made a Solid Post to where Jellal, had the Description, Selling but didn't have a good amount of Action going on in his post. I think had Jellal spent more time on this Post, he would've made a serious threat to Van's and would've putted up a great effort. I'm hoping to see more from the both of you soon as I know that both of you guys are really good.

AZRAEL VS. RILEY WILLIAMSON
SINGLES MATCH
GRADER: ABDEL

Azrael: To start of, I really like your description and your writing as a whole. Everything flowed well and was very easy to read.  Your storytelling was great, having Azrael the whole psychomaniac was realistic and you wrote it very well. I think you were lacking on the spots, didn't have a lot of big spots there most of them were just punches and stomps. Really, really liked the ending.

Riley: To start things off, try to use more nicknames in the future. Using Riley and Azrael continuously made the match not fun to read. I didn't like how Riley had two German Suplexes and a huge bite delivered to him buts till manaed to deliver a spear, if you had built that up it would've been better but that made it very unrealistic. Decent description in your post, great storytelling too with how you wanted Riley to get his revenge after that neck. Try to improve your SPAG though. I won't deter any points for it, but your match is really hard to read. Good action, though I'm not sure why the fans were popping for a Fisherman Suplex done by Azrael, who is a heel. Good action towards the end, where I wonder why you had Azrael try to go for a Moonsault. It just seemed random, since he never uses it.

Verdict: I have to go for Azrael. Much better description, more realistic, better flow. The storytelling was kinda even and the entertainment factor goes to Riley, but I think Decep's match was just better in pretty much everything else.

RAZOR XTREME VS. JHALC
SINGLES MATCH
GRADER: ONCE UPON A CROW

Razor Xtreme: You set the stage early in the match, mentioning that nobody is in either competitor's corners. You put good description to good use when describing the transitions from move to move. "the opportune "Rated Y2X" leaps into the air and catches the bottom of his right foot against the jaw of JHalc, driving him into the mat with a quick calf-kick.", that's what I mean. It helps the reader imagine the sequence in his mind. A good close pinfall. Another good sequence of moves transitioning into full gear as the match really gets going. I liked how you built the match up, giving both men equal opportunity to shine. Overall, a good post.

JHalc: You have good description when it comes to the transitions and the moves, itself. You don't just announce that this move happened, but you explain how it happened. The entire second half of the first paragraph is basically a running forearm though. Another good paragraph for the second half of your post. You really played up the previously injured right knee part, and it added to the match. With that said, I like how you had Razor go for a chop block, adding the realism to the match. Overall, a decent but short post.

Winner: Razor Xtreme. His match edges out JHalc's in term of content and actual moves. JHalc did use the previously injured right knee to his advantage, adding realism to his portion of the match, but Razor's post was action packed and followed through with what had transpired. It was basically divided into three tiers, with each of the tiers working well and connecting to make a coherent story. Good job to both men.

DOMINIK DIVERAZ VS. E.G. DEAL
SINGLES MATCH
GRADER: MYKE

Dominik Diveraz:
Words: 2,000

I found it amusing that a six-foot-nine wrestler wanted to start a collar-and-elbow tie-up with a five-foot-four wrestler. Also glad that Dominik used his wits to start the offensive. I know you said you just found out that E.G. Deal is a face now, so I won't penalize you for that. Slow-paced action to start, but a good start regardless. I had a hard time imagining that a simple dropkick would send E.G. out of the ring. He's barely been damaged so far and with just one dropkick, he's out of the ring? At first I didn't care for the three suicide dives, but since the last one was different, I found it to be a great spot. "a pun even I can't pardon" - Lol. That powerbomb spot was sick. The rest of your post was good. I thought it was nice and even in terms of action and description.

E.G. Deal
Words: 1,541

Nice description and continuation from Justin's post. You had some spelling mistakes in your post, but apparently people don't like it when I point them out, despite the fact that it doesn't take away from their posts and I only mention it so people can get better in terms of writing. With that being said, I won't be pointing them out. But if you want to know what they are and such, just message me. Back onto the actual post though, I'm only on the second paragraph right now and I feel as though your description is better than Justin's. Hopefully it keeps up. Great action from you. You had some really nice spots and excellent description throughout.

Verdict
Uh... here's where it gets interesting. My verdict goes to E.G. Deal. Justin, your post wasn't bad. And I'm honestly surprised I'm giving my vote to Abdel, but he's improved a lot. His action, description, and spots were better than yours. Don't be discouraged though, because again, it wasn't a bad post. Justin managed to carry the damage a tad bit better though, but that alone wouldn't cause him to win.

MINKARO VS. JARED JERUSALEM
TWO OUT OF THREE FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE
GRADER: MYKE

Jared Jerusalem
Word Count: 1,909

Why would the match start with Minkaro still holding his championship? The very quick pinfall attempt made me think Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus at that one WrestleMania. I didn't like it. Why did Ted say "GEE WILIKERS"? That doesn't seem like something he would say. Do more of this: "The duo, slowly circles around the ring, silencing the crowd with their intensity that could easily be felt if you were present that night." Because to be honest, the parts before the first real paragraph of action were just embarrassing. I don't think that after barely any action, both men would be that tired to the point that it took them until the count of four to, not even get up, but to only show signs of moving. "in preparation for a powerbomb or something like that" -> only to have him go for a powerbomb. The "or something like that" was not needed. I had a hard time connecting with your post. You had decent action and description, but it was just a pain to read and I don't know why. It seemed like you didn't care to write this match and the commentary didn't help.

Minkaro
Word Count: 1,637

"As the referee patiently tries to explain to Minkaro that he does not actually own The Spear, and that it has been part of Jared's moveset for a long time now" I actually laughed out loud at that part. Very nice description work here. Your action seems a bit slower than Jared's, but that's not a bad thing. You make up for it with great description work. I really enjoyed the last paragraph. You did that spot-steal very well and managed to bounce off of Jared's post quite effortlessly. I think turn-based is going to benefit you a lot.

Verdict:

My verdict goes to Minkaro. His post had far better description, albeit the action was somewhat lacking. His flowed a lot more easily and was more enjoyable to read.

Last edited by Riley Williamson on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:29 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Riley_Williamson
Riley Williamson
Main Eventer
Riley Williamson

Vendetta #103 Grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #103 Grades   Vendetta #103 Grades EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 12:11 pm

Gradings are done.
Back to top Go down
http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Riley_Williamson

Vendetta #103 Grades

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1