HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vendetta #80 Grades

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

Vendetta #80 Grades Empty
PostSubject: Vendetta #80 Grades   Vendetta #80 Grades EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 7:52 am

MATCH Singles
Niko L. Genero vs. Azrael
Grader: Snoopz

Azrael wins by no-show, but he asked for feedback, so he will be given some by me. Caine has been moved to the retired section after consecutive no-shows.

Good job doing your research on your opponent and giving him some back-story regarding his recent couple of losses. The Indian-style sitting reversal was interesting. Good descriptions throughout your post. The action is actually quite good, as well. The duo of Powerbombs actually made me cringe. The first one may have been a tad unrealistic, I'm not sure. But getting Powerbombed neck-first into the security barricade could potentially break someone's neck. If it was upper back-first or something, that would've been a bit better. Still, a nice spot, and the Powerbomb onto the steps afterwards was also brutal. Azrael cutting a mid-match promo, nice. I always enjoy those. Good ending as well. All-in-all, this was a really impressive post and I hope we get to see you against someone who will actually show next week. You're a very promising newcomer.

Last edited by Giggity Gopher on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #80 Grades   Vendetta #80 Grades EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 7:53 am

MATCH Singles
SM Raye vs. Marquis Carter
Grader: N/A

Marquis Carter wins via no-show and SM Raye has been moved to the retired section after consecutive no-shows.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #80 Grades   Vendetta #80 Grades EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 7:55 am

MATCH Singles
Axel Anvil vs. C5 Ion
Grader: Riley

Axel: The Starting of your match was something that Normal Regular matches don't tend to start on, in where you had Ion spring past Axel, jumping onto the Ropes and thus hitting Axel with a leaping clothesline.-I thought this was pretty neat and cool. But shouldn't come to a surprise since Axel is the Big guy here and Ion is just the little guy. There was some good potraying in your match of these two men playing as such. One part of your match in where I thought was really the peak of it was; "Ion raises to his feet and sees a completely incoherent Anvil, charging at the ropes for an extra burst of speed on recoil and leaping into the air for a discus elbow smash into Axel, only to have the mammoth recover as he leaps into the rotation. Using Ion’s momentum against him Axel catches him with one arm and spins counterclockwise and kneeling on the canvas to plant the Indiana native across his leg with a spinning backbreaker! Ion rolls off of Anvil’s tree trunk limb to the canvas, rolling towards the ropes in hopes of a breather. The Australian reaches for his own skull in both hands exuding force in both directions cracking the ligaments to loosen it up after being rattled recently." - I thought this was written out very nicely and was very Descriptive as I could Imagine or Pictured what was going on. The Rest of your match was pretty good, nothing to complain about, and had good Action.

C5 Ion: Onto the Beginning of your match I see there is a few grammar errors and Periods in where they shouldn't be. This is not good because it kills the Reader to be entertained by your match and also makes them not want to read it anymore. One piece of Advice I would give to you so that you can Improve your writing here in the Fed, Is whenever you have time be sure run your match on a Grammar check site. I recommend you check out paperater.com as I have used it before and it helps Improve your writing. Overall, the rest of your match seems to have that same problem. Very few Detail spots and very few selling. Be sure to work on that.

Verdict: Axel Anvil has the win on this one.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #80 Grades   Vendetta #80 Grades EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 7:55 am

MATCH Singles
Skye Sapphire vs. Transocles
Grader: Riley

Transocles: The "Pre-Match" Conversation between Skye and Danny was not really needed but I saw towards the ending of you're post explaining as to why you did what you did. Where you had Ryn check Transocles to see if he had anything on him I would feel the same way. If I was Ryn, I would be scared to because I don't know what a He-She has going on down there Funny Now onto the match, Having Trans jump on Skye was nothing that shouldn't come out of the Blue but was a great way to start off this match. I loved the way how you applied the Promo that Snoopz did earlier before the match and building it into here, explaining why Trans is so angry and why he is doing what he is doing to Skye. Reading down, I see that you really showed off Trans personality. "Transocles stands up with a hand on his junk telling the spectators to lick his clit (which he doesn't have, obviously)" - I could Imagine how Devious this He-She is. You did well in describing the Change in where he stops taking her seriously but wine's up getting hit with an Uppercut. "The hard camera focuses closer on the He-She's face, most noticeably the eyes which have been overtaken by a very distant stare - as if he isn't even there. It's true. He isn't. Where is he? 6th grade, where he fell prey to abuse from Tina Taber, a girl that Skye Sapphire suddenly reminds him of. Transocles goes berserk and pummels Skye's ribs with an onset of maddening hammerfists that seem to have no end to them. He belts out "WHO'S HURTING WHO NOW, TINA" and switches to terrorizing the Newcastle native's fake breasts with clubbing blows, expecting them to rupture." - I thought this was done good as well. as it gives another perspective and side of the Character. Overall, the match was good. There was great flow, Description and selling and it was a good effort by you. Smile

Skye Sapphire: I know there was much confusion as to whether you should have wrote Trans as a he or She, but I'm not gonna count this against you as you shouldn't be. Overall, I thought you're match was decent at best. You had both Characters have the one-up on one another and there was some good action going on. One spot that I thought was pretty awesome was where you had Skye perform a Textbook Suplex on Trans. Now that's something that you rarely see with a Girl lifting a He-She, who has more pounds then her and lifts her up with ease. Funny Another part, "With Skye down in the squared circle, Transocles hops onto the ring apron and ascends the turnbuckle to the very top. Upon reaching the top, she puts her arms out to her sides and then dives off, looking for a Swan Dive Headbutt, but Skye manages to move out of the way just in time and Transocles, painfully, cracks her face off of the canvas!" - I thought was written pretty well.

Verdict: I thought both competitiors did well in writing there matches. They both had great Detail, Selling, and had some great spots in there Matches. This is the first time I've ever read a Transgender match so this was pretty Interesting to read on how they both had there views with it. To me, I think Skye Sapphire Did better. But this match was really close and so Trans shouldn't be disappointed. Looking forward to what you have next for Transocles Wolfie.

Last edited by Giggity Gopher on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #80 Grades   Vendetta #80 Grades EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 7:56 am

MATCH Triple Threat
Chris Pyro vs. Fuse-Boy vs. Ellis Morgan

Triple no-show.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #80 Grades   Vendetta #80 Grades EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 7:56 am

MATCH Singles
Danny Diamond vs. Jakeb Steel
Grader: Ian

Danny: Fantastic start, flow, and action from you as always. It was solid throughout and it ended with a really strong finish. You made both characters look exceptionally strong.

Jakeb: Wow. I didn't honestly expect you to be this thorough. Did you do research and/or get information from Axel as to what I look for? The description is nice, the writing was technically sound and flowed very well... You never lost site of characterization, which is always something I put emphasis on in the gradings. In kayfabe, you have to be your character every week and that's not something that's lost on you. The build-up as far as actual moves goes didn't follow what I would call a traditional pattern, but it was OK and made sense. I'll say that I agree with Justin about the finish not making sense. I understood you were trying to make Diamond look strong and have a big finish 'moment, but it just didn't click for me. However, all in all it was a surprisingly excellent effort from you. I didn't pay attention to 2WWF at all so this came as a complete surprise to me.

Verdict: I'm going with Danny Diamond for slightly superior action and a superior finish. I definitely see you as having the ability to hang with the 'main eventers' here if you so choose, but I could see you having success in the mid-card title pictures or what looks like an increasingly competitive tag team division.

Last edited by Giggity Gopher on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #80 Grades   Vendetta #80 Grades EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 7:57 am

MATCH Singles
The Pirate vs. Cerberus
Grader: Snoopz

The Pirate: Your descriptions were good. Not the best I've ever read, but still, good. What I mean is some stuff is a bit off, like you using an ellipsis and then just saying what move is being used, without putting much effort into describing the move. You did rush this post, though, so I'm not sure if your description is usually better or not since I've not read anything from you before. Also, you might want to use nicknames and pronouns more, instead of just using their names, especially when the wrestlers only have one name. Just going "Cerberus does this. Pirate does that." It makes the reading more repetitive. I liked the idea of what you were doing with your post, trying to continue the Carnage and Cerberus feud. The match definitely felt rushed, which is why, so there's no surprise there. You know this wasn't a good post, so I'm not going to chew you out and bring up every bad thing about it. I'm sure you're capable of much better when you actually try and I look forward to grading a legit match from you.

Cerberus: Excellent description, as I've come to expect from you. I was wondering why you kept calling The Pirate Bloom until I checked his profile. I thought you were mistaking him for Orlando Bloom for some reason. Funny Good action throughout your post. Nothing too fancy, but good. I like the continuity, with stuff like you bringing up the Spear much later in the match. The ending wasn't as bad as you seem to think. Not every match needs some big finish, especially when it involves a monster like Cerberus. One thing I will say, most people don't like to see one character dominating the whole thing, but with big guys versus much smaller guys, it's usually the right way to go. You had Cerberus dominate for most of it, but you managed to make The Pirate look good anyway, so that's very good.

Verdict: This, obviously, wasn't a difficult choice for me. Cerberus is getting the win. I've not seen any of TJ's work prior, but I'm sure he can do much better than this. Kani, I actually wish I had your descriptive skills. It's some of the best I've seen in eFedding. You paint a perfect picture. Congratulations on the win.

Last edited by Giggity Gopher on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #80 Grades   Vendetta #80 Grades EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 7:57 am

MATCH Singles
Helena Boxx vs. Talia Lea

Double no-show.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #80 Grades   Vendetta #80 Grades EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 7:58 am

MATCH Singles
Caleb Spires vs. Shade

Shade wins via no-show. Not sure what's up with Caleb.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #80 Grades   Vendetta #80 Grades EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 7:59 am

MATCH Tag Team Championships
D-Volution vs. The Knockout Kings (C)

The Knockout Kings retain via no-show.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #80 Grades   Vendetta #80 Grades EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 8:00 am

MAIN EVENT World Heavyweight Championship
Maddox Paine vs. Hitman Alex (C)
Grader: Ian

Hitman: Odd that both you and Razor wrote spinning heel kick spots, although I thought yours, later on, was a little better. I think characterization and representing Hitman Alex as a heel was more important in your post than in your opponents. There's an awful lot of counting spots, which got repetitive quickly. It was a theme, and was used to build suspense, but I thought your over-played your cards there.

Maddox: Sort of an awkward start. I like Maddox Paine going for a rarely-used move, sort of like when Cena hits a hurricanrana, but doing it so early was wasteful. You did a good job of building the match up early on in a way that made sense, but also in a way that presented the main event with a big fight feel by not following the traditional structure. I enjoy how you presented Hitman Alex, in particular his attitude toward the match. Alex and Maddox haven't been in an official program but things with them have gotten to a weird place. Your ending was... OK? I don't know. It seemed odd for Maddox to drop the title at the PPV only for him to win it back in that way. Obviously I'm speaking canon vs. writing which is a difficult line to balance in a way that makes sense. The match overall was very good but not as good as I was expecting. You made both guys look strong.

Verdict: These matches aren't very similar. I thought Hitman Alex lagged behind in a lot of areas, some of which others value more so than I do. As far as technical grace, Razor's match was clearly written better... But I don't think that matters much in gradings. I think, however, Hitman Alex lagged behind in aspects that I do value, like entertainment and flow. However, Maddox Paine's finish was poor, in my opinion, and he didn't do a good job of reestablishing character roles, or building toward a match at the Pay Per View. At the end of the day, this was a close call as neither match blew me away. I'm going to go with Maddox Paine by a very slight margin. His ability to communicate both in words and in the match the magnitude of the contest was what made the difference for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #80 Grades   Vendetta #80 Grades Empty

Back to top Go down

Vendetta #80 Grades

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1