Last Horror Movie Watched

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2020 11:53 am

Bird Box (2018)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 7 Bird-Box-2018-4

Terror Level: Medium

We all know the memes but I wanted to see what this film was about. It's interesting that earlier I was thinking about my mental sanity and the idea that I could lose it and in the movie when people see this monster it either drives them madness, making them kill themselves, or they were mad to begin with. It's an interesting concept that's taken seriously in the movie. The creepiest thing was seeing the drawings one of the mad people made of this monster whatever it was. 7/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 4:34 pm

Phantasm (1979)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 7 Phantasm-1979-tall-man-graveyard

This was a very interesting horror film with some out there ideas. I was probably decades since we've seen dead people actually used as slaves and the only one I can think of is White Zombie. It's probably been done several times but I just can't remember. The chrome balls are really cool. The creepiest part to me was when the gang ended up finding the white room with the teleportation device because it just seemed so out of place and it didn't belong there, you expect something to happen and it does. The Tall Man is creepy and I could see how he kind of inspired Slender Man. It's fun for what it is but not something I feel like I have to revisit. Well I guess I'm in the minority on that because there were several sequels. 6/10.

Survive The Hollow Shoals (2018)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 7 Survive-the-hollow-shoals_film-review

Terror Level: High

This movie is The Blair Witch Project if there were actual supernatural happenings in that film, and a lot of people criticize it for being too much like that film, but I'm absolutely fine with that as long as you have different ideas. It's not this all time classic film like Blair Watch but it's perfect if you're in the mood for a good horror movie. I think this movie's failing is that it's predictable after a certain point but I think that does add to the horror since you know this guy has taken his adventure too far and there's no way he's getting out. Brent McGhee does a decent job seeing this is his only time being an actor in a movie but he could have been more shaken up by what's going on. Like I said this movie does some of the things Blair Witch does but I think they added more urgency to this guy's situation as he's trying to rough it out in the woods and there's a point where he can't find any food. This is a really good horror film and I plan on bringing this up during our annual horror movie marathon. 7/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2020 1:05 am

The Corpse Grinders (1971)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 7 Corpse-grinders

Terror Level: None

This is probably is the best Ted V. Mikels film I've ever seen but trust me when I say that's faint praise. While the premise of this company using human flesh for their cat food making those cat attack their owners is interesting the film is dull and mostly boring. It's cool to see cats attack people but there isn't that much to this movie. 2/10.

Cat People (1942)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 7 OIP

Terror Level: Low

I've always been interested in watching this film and it's on Hulu right now. Time hasn't been kind to this film because people will talk about the pool scene but it's not scary. Actually other scenes stood out to me more like when Dr. Judd kissed Irena and she transforms afterwards. That was shot so well and way more scary than other scenes. 7/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 2:16 am

Bride of Frankenstein (1935)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 7 Bride

Terror Level: Low

What an absolutely brilliant film and a great follow up to the classic. Doctor Pretorius is a great addition to the movie, being quite the sinister egomaniac. Oh and the homosexual overtone of this movie is something else. I don't know what it is about the homunculi but I find them creepy. This is a fantastic movie that really stood the test of time. 9/10.

Cabin Fever (2002)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 7 Cabin_fever1

While this isn't close to the most insane film I've ever seen Cabin Fever is quite the wild ride. The characters in this film are absolutely ridiculous. This movie is so cringe sometimes and I was watching with a friend so it was perfect. And honestly this movie has the best ending ever. If you want to have some stupid fun watching a horror movie in October you might want to check this out. 6/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 12:16 am

Paranormal Activity (2007)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 7 Paranormal-activity-2007-600x400

Terror Level: Panic

I watched this because my friends buy into paranormal happenings. This movie was really well made and I remembered a lot that happened and it still creeps me out. It's not perfect because there is some silly things but whatever. This movie really is really a standout among modern horror films. 8/10.

Paranormal Activity 2 (2012)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 7 Paranormalactivity2-2

Terror Level: High

Looking at this film's ratings I liked this more than most people. I think there's enough different here to justify a squeal... or rather a prequel. Instead of a couple being haunted it's a family. There's plenty of different happenings for this to be interesting. 8/10.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Horror Movie Watched

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7