View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:44 pm

The Mummy (2017)

Terror Level: Low

This was just hard for me to follow. The beginning was fun but this movie became confusing. There were too many twists and turns throughout the movie. 5/10.

47 Meters Down (2017)

This idea for this film is interesting. I think this would have been a better horror film if the girls were not able to talk to each other. Can you imagine that being that deep down in the water and not being able to communicate with your partner?

This movie did too much. One of the girls got away from a shark when she should have died. This is a newer movie so I don't want to spoil too much. I think this was alright. 5/10.

Yôjû toshi (1987)

Terror Level: Medium

This was a fun anime. The story was weird. The animation was great. 7/10.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:38 pm

The Fly (1958)

This wasn't nearly as disgusting as the '80s movie. The mystery story was interesting. 7/10.

Victor Frankenstein (2015)

This movie is called Victor Frankenstein but the lead protagonist is Igor who is played by Daniel Radcliffe. Enough is changed in the story to make it interesting. 7/10.

Dracula Untold (2014)

Terror Level: None

This was more of a action/drama film than a horror. But like the last film it's an interesting spin on the Dracula story. 7/10.

Get Out (2017)

This movie was different. This had themes of racism. 8/10.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:47 am

I hosted Terrorthon V: Nightmare on George Fox Way last night at my house.

The Golem: How He Came Into the World (1920)

This was okay. Not scary but I gotta say The Golem did make some intense facial expressions. 5/10.

Young Frankenstein (1974)

It wasn't noon yet so Kitty picked a light hearted film. I forgot how hilarious this film was. 8/10.

Children of Corn (1984)

Terror Levels: Low

This was okay. I gotta say this was hilarious at times. The ending had me rolling! 5/10.

The Uninvited (1944)

This was just a little eerie for a few moments. This film was a very good mystery movie. 8/10.

Insidious: Chapter 3 (2015)

I liked this movie. It changed enough for me but I didn't really care for a 4th film like they teased at the end. I'll say this film had the most brilliant scare of the night using a go pro camera. 7/10.

Friday the 13th (1980)

I don't understand how this movie spawned a whole series. Outside the soundtrack I'm not a fan of it. 5/10.

Cannibal Holocaust (1980)

Terror Level: Panic panic

Watching this a second time it didn't bug me as much. But it's still one of the most disturbing films I've ever seen. The film is incredible but I'd understand why someone would pass on this. 7/10.

Papurika (2006)

Amazon listed this as a horror film but it isn't. It's closer to a crime thriller drama... I guess? I don't know this film is so surreal. The visuals are amazing. This could have been scary but that's not where they wanted to go with this. Great film by the way. 8/10.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:06 pm

Busanhaeng (2016)

This was a very good film. Imagine being stuck on a train with zombies! And I'll be honest I did tear up near the end. Great film to watch with your friends. 9/10.

The Ward (2010)

The twist ending was good but outside that there was little interesting in this film. We don't know anything about these characters before they start dying one by one. The most disappointing thing to me was this didn't even sound like a John Carpenter film. He didn't score the movie himself. This was okay. It's not John Carpenter's worst film. But there's no reason you need to seek this out. 6/10.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:06 am

Phase IV (1974)

I caught this on TV late last night. It's interesting. All the close up shots of ants are cool and they throw in a lot of psychedelic music with it.

I don't like that a big deal is made to talk to the ants and nothing comes from it. They send a message back but we have no idea what they said. And the ending was a head scratcher. It's really weird and it doesn't make sense.

It's not really scary. The worst thing about this movie was all the high pitch noises. The filmmakers set an atmosphere of dread and it worked really well. 5/10.

Sent from Topic'it App

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:27 pm

Nightmare in Wax (1969)

I couldn't find anything on cable last night so I looked on YouTube and found this for free.

The audio is terrible. The lead character Vincent was set on fire and the make up for his burn is goofy.

I thought this was going to be a rip off of House of Wax but the people are actually zombies like from White Zombie.

The story is interesting but it takes awhile for things to get going. 3/10.

Sent from Topic'it App

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:12 pm

Bloody Orgy of the She-Devils (1973)

This was a terrible low budget film I found on YouTube. It was so goofy seeing 1970s clothing in what is supposed to be a 16th Century setting.

The music was okay but the audio sounded terrible.

I expected nudity and there wasn't any. 2/10

Aliens: Zone of Silence (2017)

This was a terribly boring film. Way to much filler between anything interesting. And man the flickering was super annoying.

Things pick up near the end but it's not worth waiting for. 2/10

The Vault (2017)

I liked the idea of the film. It really seemed interesting to me. People breaking themselves into a haunted bank sounds like a fun story.

The movie was alright. James Franco didn't really get to do very much in the movie. Not a must see but it's something different to watch in October. 5/10

Tales of Halloween (2015)

This is an anthology film and some segments hit it out of the park and others are okay. I had fun watching this movie. It would have been really cool if this could have been made a series but I imagine this didn't gather too much interest. 6/10

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:08 pm

Maniac (1934)

This is a weird independent movie. I thought it was going to be a rip off of Frankenstein because they were talking about bringing people back to life but the story went in a different direction. And it's not like A Tale Tale Heart it just has the same ending kind of.

When the dude gets injected with adrenaline the overacting is helarios. And they make a great special effect when they made it look like the dude squeezed an eyeball out of a cat.

All the actors suck. 2/10

The Human Centipede (The First Sequence) (2009)

This wasn't as gross as I thought it was going to be. This is actually a decent film and I wasn't expecting that. 5/10

Alien Terror (1971)

This was Borris Karloff's last movie. Is was better than I expected but it's still bad. It's biggest problem is that it's kind of dull. If Karloff was in good health he could have been in the movie more and that would have helped a lot. 3/10

Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:51 pm

Moose got some interesting movie taste, in a good way.

I’m sure I’ve seen a horror movie since, but last Halloween my GF and I watched Alien (which some would say is SyFy, but it’s horror at its core) and Addams Family (not horror but a very underrated flick).
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:45 pm

Halloween
For someone that usually never watches horror films it was OK. But for hardcore horror film buffs like Moose would probably hate it Funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   

Back to top Go down

Last Horror Movie Watched

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6