Last Horror Movie Watched

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 2:44 pm

The Mummy (2017)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 The-mummy-2017-10

Terror Level: Low

This was just hard for me to follow. The beginning was fun but this movie became confusing. There were too many twists and turns throughout the movie. 5/10.

47 Meters Down (2017)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Thumbnail_26224

This idea for this film is interesting. I think this would have been a better horror film if the girls were not able to talk to each other. Can you imagine that being that deep down in the water and not being able to communicate with your partner?

This movie did too much. One of the girls got away from a shark when she should have died. This is a newer movie so I don't want to spoil too much. I think this was alright. 5/10.

Yôjû toshi (1987)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Wickedcity_shot01

Terror Level: Medium

This was a fun anime. The story was weird. The animation was great. 7/10.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 27, 2017 1:38 pm

The Fly (1958)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 The_fly_1958_h

This wasn't nearly as disgusting as the '80s movie. The mystery story was interesting. 7/10.

Victor Frankenstein (2015)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 VictorFrankensteinDestacado

This movie is called Victor Frankenstein but the lead protagonist is Igor who is played by Daniel Radcliffe. Enough is changed in the story to make it interesting. 7/10.

Dracula Untold (2014)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Dracula-Untold-Gallery-3

Terror Level: None

This was more of a action/drama film than a horror. But like the last film it's an interesting spin on the Dracula story. 7/10.

Get Out (2017)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Get-out-2017-maid-georgina-ending-attack-betty-gabriel-review

This movie was different. This had themes of racism. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 1:47 am

I hosted Terrorthon V: Nightmare on George Fox Way last night at my house.

The Golem: How He Came Into the World (1920)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Main

This was okay. Not scary but I gotta say The Golem did make some intense facial expressions. 5/10.

Young Frankenstein (1974)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Young-frankenstein

It wasn't noon yet so Kitty picked a light hearted film. I forgot how hilarious this film was. 8/10.

Children of Corn (1984)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Chil1

Terror Levels: Low

This was okay. I gotta say this was hilarious at times. The ending had me rolling! 5/10.

The Uninvited (1944)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 The_uninvited_14

This was just a little eerie for a few moments. This film was a very good mystery movie. 8/10.

Insidious: Chapter 3 (2015)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Latest?cb=20160409020328

I liked this movie. It changed enough for me but I didn't really care for a 4th film like they teased at the end. I'll say this film had the most brilliant scare of the night using a go pro camera. 7/10.

Friday the 13th (1980)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Friday-the-13th-1980-filming-locations-camp-crystal-lake-pic1

I don't understand how this movie spawned a whole series. Outside the soundtrack I'm not a fan of it. 5/10.

Cannibal Holocaust (1980)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Cannibal-holocaust-2-620x349

Terror Level: Panic panic

Watching this a second time it didn't bug me as much. But it's still one of the most disturbing films I've ever seen. The film is incredible but I'd understand why someone would pass on this. 7/10.

Papurika (2006)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Paprika-600x337

Amazon listed this as a horror film but it isn't. It's closer to a crime thriller drama... I guess? I don't know this film is so surreal. The visuals are amazing. This could have been scary but that's not where they wanted to go with this. Great film by the way. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 3:06 pm

Busanhaeng (2016)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 1

This was a very good film. Imagine being stuck on a train with zombies! And I'll be honest I did tear up near the end. Great film to watch with your friends. 9/10.

The Ward (2010)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Ward-5

The twist ending was good but outside that there was little interesting in this film. We don't know anything about these characters before they start dying one by one. The most disappointing thing to me was this didn't even sound like a John Carpenter film. He didn't score the movie himself. This was okay. It's not John Carpenter's worst film. But there's no reason you need to seek this out. 6/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 11:06 am

Phase IV (1974)

I caught this on TV late last night. It's interesting. All the close up shots of ants are cool and they throw in a lot of psychedelic music with it.

I don't like that a big deal is made to talk to the ants and nothing comes from it. They send a message back but we have no idea what they said. And the ending was a head scratcher. It's really weird and it doesn't make sense.

It's not really scary. The worst thing about this movie was all the high pitch noises. The filmmakers set an atmosphere of dread and it worked really well. 5/10.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 3:27 pm

Nightmare in Wax (1969)

I couldn't find anything on cable last night so I looked on YouTube and found this for free.

The audio is terrible. The lead character Vincent was set on fire and the make up for his burn is goofy.

I thought this was going to be a rip off of House of Wax but the people are actually zombies like from White Zombie.

The story is interesting but it takes awhile for things to get going. 3/10.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 11:12 pm

Bloody Orgy of the She-Devils (1973)

This was a terrible low budget film I found on YouTube. It was so goofy seeing 1970s clothing in what is supposed to be a 16th Century setting.

The music was okay but the audio sounded terrible.

I expected nudity and there wasn't any. 2/10

Aliens: Zone of Silence (2017)

This was a terribly boring film. Way to much filler between anything interesting. And man the flickering was super annoying.

Things pick up near the end but it's not worth waiting for. 2/10

The Vault (2017)

I liked the idea of the film. It really seemed interesting to me. People breaking themselves into a haunted bank sounds like a fun story.

The movie was alright. James Franco didn't really get to do very much in the movie. Not a must see but it's something different to watch in October. 5/10

Tales of Halloween (2015)

This is an anthology film and some segments hit it out of the park and others are okay. I had fun watching this movie. It would have been really cool if this could have been made a series but I imagine this didn't gather too much interest. 6/10
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 9:08 pm

Maniac (1934)

This is a weird independent movie. I thought it was going to be a rip off of Frankenstein because they were talking about bringing people back to life but the story went in a different direction. And it's not like A Tale Tale Heart it just has the same ending kind of.

When the dude gets injected with adrenaline the overacting is helarios. And they make a great special effect when they made it look like the dude squeezed an eyeball out of a cat.

All the actors suck. 2/10

The Human Centipede (The First Sequence) (2009)

This wasn't as gross as I thought it was going to be. This is actually a decent film and I wasn't expecting that. 5/10

Alien Terror (1971)

This was Borris Karloff's last movie. Is was better than I expected but it's still bad. It's biggest problem is that it's kind of dull. If Karloff was in good health he could have been in the movie more and that would have helped a lot. 3/10
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 10:51 pm

Moose got some interesting movie taste, in a good way.

I’m sure I’ve seen a horror movie since, but last Halloween my GF and I watched Alien (which some would say is SyFy, but it’s horror at its core) and Addams Family (not horror but a very underrated flick).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 1:45 pm

Halloween
For someone that usually never watches horror films it was OK. But for hardcore horror film buffs like Moose would probably hate it Funny
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 1:55 am

Slender Man (2018)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Cedb2858eb1f73086a71f4bd88a88b4c

Well I started October with a fizzle instead of a bang. All this movie has going for it is the visuals. The film is hard to follow. The plot mirrors the insanity that the characters are going through.

I think Slender would have been far scarier if we seen only a little bit of him. Everyone knows what he's supposed to look like anyway. Instead the mental chaos our protagonists go through should have been a focus instead. Not that there isn't a lot of that but I think they over estimated the scariness of Slender Man. He should be a stalker who we barely see. 3/10

Altered States (1980)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Altered-States-2

Terror Level: High

NOW THIS movie had some freaky effects and imagery. Through the use of psychedelic drugs and water chambers Eddie Jessup is able to turn himself into an ape man. This movie really reminded me of The Fly and they're very similar. Eddie takes his experiments too far to where he metamorphoses himself.

But after the ape man stuff I don't like where this movie goes. I don't understand why Eddie's trip should effect things outside his body and the world around him. I'm not really a religious guy so maybe that's why I didn't like it. Religious symbolism and theory are bought up in this film a lot. And I really wanted this to be The Fly movie I never seen but it went in a different direction. I expected the message of the film to be different but it went somewhere else.

It's a fun movie to watch and one I want to show my friends. Maybe I'm being too harsh because I didn't get the story I wanted. 6/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 1:24 pm

The City of the Dead (1960)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 795

TCM is airing horror films every Thursday and I wanted to check out at least one of those films. It was a treat seeing Christopher Lee play a warlock in this film. The plot is a lot like psycho though with witchcraft.

There's suspense here and there with interesting visuals. Not scary though.

The movie is alight. Not something I'm going to remember. It's just over an hour. 5/10.

Le notti del terrore (1981)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 20161023180344887

My friend wanted to watch this with me and it's so damn bizarre. First off I want to say while the zombies don't look the most realistic off the bat all the masks look so cool. Not only that but this is the only movie I can think of where the zombies has worms in them. Why does nobody else do that? It looks so gross and gruesome! Sometimes the worms are dangling over our victims as the zombies strangle them.

Michael is the weirdest damn character. Obviously he's an adult playing a child. I thought that was really creepy. I guess it made it less creepy when he tried to bang his mom? Yeah that happens!

There's plenty of cool deaths from zombies decapitating someone with a scythe to the mother bashing a zombie's head in on a bathtub. There's so little exposition that it's hard to really care about anyone in this movie. I just liked Michael for being so creepy and mama for being do badass. A for effort but 5/10 for execution.

Bride of Frankenstein (1935)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Bride-of-Frankenstein-1-620x400

My pal never seen this so I decided to watch it. I love this movie. Ernest Thesiger as Doctor Pretorius really stole the show! He's so sinister and such an egomaniac! And for whatever reason I'm always creeped out by his homunculi.

In the first movie the child befriends The Monster. In this one it's a blind man. It shows us that if we didn't know The Monster was one we could be friends with him. But he feared for his looks.

This isn't a movie anyone should sleep on. It's just as strong as the original if not surpassing it! 9/10.[/b]
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 4:08 pm

Seddok, l'erede di Satana (1960)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 5315topSedd

Kings of Horror have a bunch of movies they've uploaded for free on YouTube so I'll be checking several of those out. And this movie should be free to view. It's just so boring. And I don't understand why the scientist became the monster instead of the girl who received the treatment. I think Eyes Without A Face came out the same year which is way better and more horrific. 3/10.

Midsommar (2019)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Midsommar-movie-review

Mars Bars recommended that I check this out. This reminded me a lot of The Wicker Man. I've never seen Hereditary but I guess it's a lot like that too. This movie is two and a half hours but never gets dull. It's not scary to me but that's probably because I seen movies like this. It's in the very least weird. And it's cool to have a very light horror film instead of a dark one. That was very different. I'd recommend this to anyone. 9/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 2:45 am

The Brain That Wouldn't Die (1962)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 O1k1g9A

Again I went with the free movies on YouTube. This movie has a cool idea. I sort of wanted Jan in the Pan to end up getting another girl's body but I knew that wasn't going to happen. Some of the scenes were gruesome for an early '60s film. The monster was ugly. This movie is goofy and isn't too long. Not any kind of classic and I can't see myself revisiting this. 4/10.

3 Flies in a Widow's Web (2016)

Damn this was so boring! I don't know why most trilogy movies suck. The only decent ones off the top of my head was V/H/S. This really did put me to sleep. I'd give this movie a 1 if it wasn't for some cool costumes. 2/10.

The Astro-Zombies (1968)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 10728

This movie was so damn boring and stupid! I've never sat through anything so dull in my life! Why did The Misfits make a song inspired by this film? I'd like to forgot this thing tomorrow. Ted V. Mikels should have felt ashamed of this instead of making a squeal to it. And I watched the squeal for a minute and it looks worse! This might be the worst movie I ever watched.

After the last two movies I gotta quit going to YouTube for horror films. If I don't find something on tV tomorrow I'm digging into my disc collection. 1/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 1:53 am

Mark of the Astro-Zombies (2004)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Motaz2

I'm in awe of how Ted V. Mikels was able to make the second Astro-Zombies movie worse than the first! While both movies are talkative what happened in the first movie sort of moved the plot forward. This movie is even more nonsensical.

At least when I watched the first movie it felt like a film. Mark of the Astro-Zombies feels like a long YouTube video someone made. And the computer animation is the dirt worst. And at the very least the first film had John Carradine. I don't know why we get Liz Renay describing how the zombies look (incorrectly) when we get to see them running around killing people. There's little logic to this film.

If like like dudes running around in alien masks and jeans macheting people in the neck over and over and over and over and over again this is the film for you. Mikels was able to spew out two more of these movies before he died. I don't know how I'm going to retain my sanity. 1/10.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 7:58 am

Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth

The only redeeming quality of any Hellraiser film is the nudity. I own them all on DVD Thirsty Mofos
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 1:30 am

The Invisible Man (1933)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Invisible-Man-Feature

I had to take a break from those Ted V. Mikels films and I just happened to have this on Blu-Ray but I've yet to see it. And I really have been sleeping on this film because it was really good. Claude Rains was a very convincing maniac and the special effects aged well. And the things he did were so menacing. I was thinking of picking Bride of Frankenstein for my marathon but I might choose this instead. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 3:14 pm

The Black Cat (1934)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Black-cat-skinning

I tuned into to TCM's Thursday horror block and this is the only one I seen before. This movie is rather strange and I love it for it. All these movies have Satanists involved in them. The highlight of the film is us getting to see Lugosi skin Karloff alive in a shadow silhouette. It's not a classic but it's something you want to see if you really like the horror stars. 7/10.

Night of the Demon (1957)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Night-15_curse-featured

There's a debate about the demon and I'm on the side of liking it. It looks scary and cool.

Anyway I enjoyed this a lot. John Holden gets cursed for looking into this Satanist group and he tried to deny up the to point he knows its happening. Niall MacGinnis looks so devilish too. A lot of creepy stuff happen in this film. At first some of the things are questionable outside the demon actually attacking The Professor first thing.

I don't know if everyone would like the pace but I do. I'll look forward to seeing this in October. 8/10.

The Seventh Victim (1943)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 7thVictim01

Horror Level: None

This is a Val Lewton RKO picture. He's didn't even direct this film, he produced it, but his trademarks still makes it way into this film.

The pace of the film is kinda off and people on Twitter were saying it was edited down to be B movie length. I like this film and if it was edited better I think I would have scored it higher. 7/10.

The Devil Rides Out (1968)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 The_devil_rides_out_5

We get the interesting twist in this movie where Christopher Lee is the good guy! I had fun watching this though the ending fell flat for me. 7/10.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 10:38 am

Currently marathoning the Child's Play franchise, up to Bride of Chucky.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2019 3:43 pm

The Cat and the Canary (1927)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Cat-and-the-Canary-4-620x400

Horror Level: None

This film is more of a comedy than a horror. I don't know if the goofy makeup job in this movie ever scared anyone but it didn't scare me. It made me laugh. Some creepy stuff happened but it was thrown out the window when you saw what the supposed monster looks like. But I laughed at the movie's jokes. Not a classic but I'd probably watch it again some October. 7/10.

Ju-on (2002)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Ju-on-3

Horror Level: High

Probably the scariest movie of the night. This is even creeper than what I remember. I remembered the security video and it still scared me. It's kind of hard to follow sometimes because this like an anthology film but all the stories are in the same place and about the same monster. I'd recommend this to anyone. 8/10.

Rosemary's Baby (1968)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Rosemary's%2BBaby

This movie has one of the best movie endings. You really feel for Rosemary in the film. When Rosemary was drugged is the horror highlight of the film. 8/10.

Onibaba (1964)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Onibaba-kbJE--621x414@LiveMint

Horror Level: Low

I found this on horror lists online and there's a couple horror elements in this. Some moments are suspenseful. But it's not all that scary. This is more of a drama. If you're expecting something really scary like the lists built this up as you're going to be disappointed.

La maschera del demonio (1960)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Black+sunday+1

Horror Level: Low

This is a fun movie to watch. Barbara Steele is hot. The practical effects were great. 8/10.

Busanhaeng (2016)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Busanhaeng

I have two copies of this movie. One I bought and another that I got through Horror Pack. I must have gotten my Horror Pack copy because the subtitles were off the screen and I couldn't fix it. This movie isn't as fun watching dubbed in English than it is in Korean. And it was the voice actors. They had people doing anime girl voices. The big huge guy didn't have a strong deep voice.

Whatever this movie is really fun to watch. A train is a really interesting setting for a horror film and it's not used that often. The only other one off the top of my head was a Christopher Lee film. And it wasn't done with zombies. And the ending the first time got me to tear up. The dubbing this time though ruined it for me. Anyway I gave the movie with the original voices 9/10.

Hellraiser (1987)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 HELLRAISER-12-940x460

This is a creepy film. It's weird Pinhead became the icon even though he didn't deliver much of the scares in this film. I guess it's like Jason and Friday The 13th. I still don't get the ending. I seen the second but I don't remember if the homeless dude transforming into a dragon is explained. I guess I don't like it because it allowed this movie to become a series. I rate this one a 7/10 and I think I liked the second one more. But everything after that is trash.

The Wicker Man (1973)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 A-still-from-the-film-The-001

This is a really interesting film. I remember not liking Sergeant Howie because he's pushing his religion as better than the people on this island. But watching this time I caught that he didn't do it until they gave him reasons to freak out and after he found out they lied to him. And him ranting like he does is understandable when they're carrying him off to his death.

The story is fun and crazy. It's more suspenseful than horrifying. The highlight was the parade and the final scene. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2020 2:33 am

Apollo 18 (2011)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Apollo-18-helmet

This film gave actually at points. Being alone out in space with just one other dude on the moon and finding a dead body gives me the chills. The atmosphere scared me more then the actual monsters in the film. You know I thought they were going to make the rocks work as monsters but them transforming into spiders was just too much for me. Plus this could have really worked as a found footage film if there were less movie effects. The Blair Witch Project and Cannibal Holocaust worked because there were minimal special effects used. Anyway I was into the film but I doubt it would hold up with a second viewing. 6/10.

#Saraitda (2020)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 A95cd980-f0db-11ea-94f7-8d237e53e1c7_800_420

I can't imagine this movie being without the Coronavirus pandemic in mind. It's interesting to see a zombie film follow what a person does when all they can do is barricade themselves inside their apartment. What are they going to do all alone when they run out of food, water, companionship and things to do? I think this is the perfect zombie movie for 2020 and it'll be interesting to look back at after the pandemic is over. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2020 3:42 am

I saw you mention that second movie on Twitter and I'm interested. It's apparently an adaptation of an American film made for South Korea, with help from the American film maker (and, ironically, the American version hasn't actually been released yet). It was filmed last year, so I'm assuming it didn't have the Coronvirus in mind. I might watch it soon, though. I've been getting into South Korean films since seeing Parasite, but I haven't watched a full on horror one yet (though I've watched ones with scenes that may be considered as having horror themes).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 03, 2020 1:02 pm

The Thing from Another World (1951)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 The+Thing+From+Another+World+Second+Attack

While this pales in comparison to John Carpenter's remake this movie has its moments and is a lot of fun to watch. While I'm not so keen on the idea they're fighting a giant carrot monster from outer space the filmmakers do fit some suspense into the film while also having a wild scene where the Alaskan crew sets the monster and their base on fire. The fact that everything isn't taken too seriously helps as this would have aged poorly seeing how this film just has a guy running around in a silly monster costume. 7/10.
Back to top Go down
Mack
Jobber
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 03, 2020 5:32 pm

Josh and I watched Apollo 18 and #Saraitda on Netflix
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 04, 2020 2:48 am

The Undead (1957)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 A0cf232c315f93cc00109568f2cb0b13--satan-devon

The concept of this movie was a lot more interesting than what was executed on screen. I was interested in the idea of a girl being hypnotized and being sent back through time where she gets hunted down for witchcraft. Sadly this was rather dull. Smolkin The Gravedigger was the highlight of this film with his singing and talk of being a madman. 4/10.

Mad Love (1935)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Madlove4

I was rather disappointed that Colin Clive didn't have a larger role in this film although our other horror heavyweight Peter Lorre was the star. Lorre falls in love with Clive's wife and after he's involved in a train accident Lorre replaces his hands with that of a knife throwing murderer. It's a ridiculous concept today although it is kinda funny. The problem is I've seen before done better in Night Gallery shorts. This holds up more as a drama rather than a horror film. 6/10.

Mermaid Down (2019)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Mermaid-down-main

There's fun ridiculous film and then there's films that are just stupidly random. Mermaid Down is the latter, a movie where a mermaid is captured, cut in half, grows legs, is put into a insane asylum, befriends a ghost, grows her tail back and so much more. Honestly reading it this should be one of those films that it's so bad that it's good but the movie is dull. There's other girls in the asylum as well but we never get to learn anything about them. The last half hour of this movie turned up the randomness to 10 and I just checked out. This dude was killing people and this girl needed to use the bathroom so she just walks right past him to use the toilet. After she's done he tried to kill her twice while she just stands there and watches him before he gets her the third time. You know for something like that to work you need someone to be the "straight guy" and we just didn't have that here. 2/10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Horror Movie Watched

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next