HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 10 Worst Justice League Members of All Time

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

The 10 Worst Justice League Members of All Time   Empty
PostSubject: The 10 Worst Justice League Members of All Time    The 10 Worst Justice League Members of All Time   EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 9:58 am

The Justice League represents the best of the best from the DC Universe. Superman. Batman. Wonder Woman. Green Lantern. Flash. The cream of the crop. Fun Fact: In their first twenty-three years, the original founding seven-member team expanded to nine new members only.Talk about an exclusive club to get into. But no matter how great the group, you're bound to have a few...questionable members.

Vibe
Poor Vibe. Whenever embarrassing Justice League members are brought up, his name is first on the list. Paco Ramon's career as Vibe began shortly after Aquaman disbanded the original Justice League. When Paco heard that a new Justice League was forming in his own hometown of Detroit (yes, really), he decided to give up his position as the leader of a local street gang, Los Lobos, to join up. His power to emit powerful vibratory shock waves must have been a big hit in the gang. His costume was hard on the eyes and he's attached to the most unpopular version of the Justice League. Fun story about Vibe: Artist George Pérez took exception to the Vibe character. In a 1985 interview with Heidi MacDonald, he stated, "I have a certain bigotry towards Vibe...I sincerely say he's the one character who turned me off the JLA. If nothing else, every character that was introduced was an ethnic stereotype." His dislike of the character was bad that in JLA/Avengers crossover in which every member of both teams were depicted at least once, Vibe's cameo was merely of his legs as he fell off panel. Ouch.

Mystek
Mystek started as a villain in an issue of The Ray. She was a Korean woman named Seong who posed as a man, and her costume was sculpted to hide that fact. Her powers: Flight and energy manipulation powers. Pretty general but impressive enough that Mystek was approached by the Martian Manhunter to join the Justice League Task Force. She hung around for a few issues before being killed off in a not-so-coo way. The team went on a mission to outer space. Seems the spaceship escape pod they were in was a little too small for the claustrophobic Mystek and she went into a panic, blasting her way into open space. She quickly died in one of the most oddest Justice League comic book deaths ever. A fun story about Mystek: She was originally created by writer Christopher Priest to be a creator-owned character, set to star in her own miniseries. The plan was for her to be in Justice League Task Force to introduce the character to a larger audience and create name recognition. Not a bad plan. Things took a bad turn when the miniseries fell through and Priest chose to kill Mystek off. Mystek, we hardly knew yee.

Super Chief
I'll go on record and say I kinda liked Super Chief's look. It was different. A new (yes, there were others) Super-Chief was introduced in 52 Week 22. A young Native American veteran and ex-con named Jon Standing Bear traveled to Metropolis and saves a young girl named Sierra from sexual assault by throwing the offender through the window of a bus. There was some family drama at the funeral of his estranged father and word that Jon had been neglecting his heritage and obligations. Jon's grandfather charges him with the duty of becoming Super-Chief. He ends up joining the effort by Firestorm to found a new Justice League of America and dies during their first mission. Or does he? Turns out he ended up in an otherworldly location. An elder named Flying Stag, the original Super-Chief, stated that Jon is no longer among the living and repossesses the amulet. Flying Stag admonishes Jon's ignorance of the price that must be paid for magic. Upset over his failures, Jon disappears into a vortex of clouds. What's up with comic books and American Indians dying on their first big mission? (SEE: Thunderbird)

The Wonder Twins (Zan and Jayna)
The less said about this pair, the better. Yes, these are the same Wonder Twins from the Super Friends Saturday morning cartoons from many of our childhoods. They kept the same power they had in the television show. In 1996, the twins were introduced into post-Crisis DC continuity in the series Extreme Justice as escaped slaves of an alien overlord. Unable to speak English, they inadvertently attack some civilians and the Justice League. During their fight with the JLA, Zan becomes an ice golem, a water monster, and a demonic-looking whirlpool, while Jayna becomes a griffin, a werewolf, and a sea serpent. The pair are later emancipated by the Justice League and join Captain Atom's team. It was a poor attempt at fan nostalgia and the pair has faded away. Thankfully.

Godiva
Godiva first appeared in the Super Friends comic book and she's been graced with the super power of super…hair. Yes, she can lengthen her long hair and cause it to take any shape as well as harden. She has been seen to do such things as change her hair to wings and fly, and harden her hair into a battering ram. She can also make her hair transparent. Wow. Since the relaunch into the new 52 she has been chosen as a member of Justice League International. She seems to know that she's not a capable League member. It's been shown that she's not certain why she has been chosen for membership nor even what she can do for the team as she is not a prominent superhero.

Bloodwynd
In the 90s, it was really cool to name characters Blood. I think at some point I created a character called BloodBlood but that's beside the point. Let's take a look at this guy. Bloodwynd first appeared in 1992, and was the descendant of a group of African-American slaves owned by a cruel slave owner by the name of Jacob Whitney. These slaves, at some point in the pre-Civil War past, performed an ancient African ritual to create a mystical Blood Gem, with which they then killed their master. The Gem was passed down among the slaves' descendants, and bestowed magical powers on the person who wore it. There's a catch! This gem contained a microscopic world, where Jacob Whitney's spirit had become incarnate as the demon Rott. Over the years Rott grew stronger, as the Gem absorbed the darker side of each wearer's soul.

I'll stop right here. When you think of superhero origins, the best ones are those that keep it simple. Bloodwynd's is already a mess. That should tell you something. What's worse, when Bloodwynd first appeared, he wasn't even Bloodwynd, he was the Martian Manhunter in disguise as Bloodwynd, while the real one was still trapped inside of the gem. That's enough. I'll just go on to the next person.

Gypsy
Introduced as one of the Justice League Detroit (them again!), Gypsy has the ability to camouflage herself into her surroundings via illusion casting powers that also, apparently, allow her to project images into people's minds. Got that? After the team split, she later went on to find her family murdered by Despero, forcing her back into superhero life as member of the Conglomerate, Justice League Task Force, and Birds of Prey. With all the teams and attention she's gotten, you'd think they could have gotten her a better name.

Faith
Faith joined the team as a last minute replacement for Batman during "The Obsidian Age" storyarc. Not sure how that equals out. Faith boasted powers that were psychokinetic and telepathic in nature, with an ability to "create an aura of trust and confidence within the people around her, allowing a group to work together easily." So she has the power of teamwork. She was originally meant to be a mysterious character, whose true back story would be slowly revealed over time. Just one catch. No one cared. Once Joe Kelley left the title, so did Faith. While she's among the worst of the Justice League, she'd do well in the pro team sports.

Tasmanian Devil
Hugh Dawkins is a born metahuman with the ability to turn into a supernaturally large and intelligent Tasmanian Devil, in a fashion similar to a werewolf. There's a joke rumor going around that Hugh's mother was a were-Tasmanian Devil who raised him in a Tasmanian Devil cult, which gave him a Tasmanian Devil amulet after selling his soul to a Tasmanian Devil and injecting him with a radioactive Tasmanian Devil musk from a race of alien Tasmanian Devils which gave him his powers. Not sure where to go with that. Also, while Hugh is a pacifist, his alter ego of the Tasmanian Devil is aggressive and bestial. Recently, he was skinned by the villain Prometheus. But have no fear. He's alive and still kicking.

Maxima
She made her debut coming to Earth looking to mate with Superman and only joined the Justice League in a futile attempt to seduce him. That didn't work so she joined the Superman Revenge Squad. Seriously.

Read more at http://www.411mania.com/movies/columns/332576#QcJz3O0pXsuxEWtx.99
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: The 10 Worst Justice League Members of All Time    The 10 Worst Justice League Members of All Time   EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 11:01 am

Yep, I can agree with all of these tbh. Some of them aren't bad characters, but if you had to list the 10 worst, they should definitely be on it.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: The 10 Worst Justice League Members of All Time    The 10 Worst Justice League Members of All Time   EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 1:21 pm

No Aquaman?

Scared 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

PostSubject: Re: The 10 Worst Justice League Members of All Time    The 10 Worst Justice League Members of All Time   EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 1:31 pm

ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: The 10 Worst Justice League Members of All Time    The 10 Worst Justice League Members of All Time   EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 2:33 am

No because Aquaman is awesome. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Caine
Superkick Party
Superkick Party
Caine

PostSubject: Re: The 10 Worst Justice League Members of All Time    The 10 Worst Justice League Members of All Time   EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 3:26 am

Don't get me started on the Aquaman sucks argument...
Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: The 10 Worst Justice League Members of All Time    The 10 Worst Justice League Members of All Time   EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 10:35 am

I'm a bit disappointed Gypsy's power wasn't speak incomprehensibly, steal anything and stab children.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 10 Worst Justice League Members of All Time    The 10 Worst Justice League Members of All Time   Empty

Back to top Go down

The 10 Worst Justice League Members of All Time

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1