HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GFW Press Release

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

GFW Press Release Empty
PostSubject: GFW Press Release   GFW Press Release EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 12:56 pm

Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling issued the following press release:

Global Force Wrestling: Join The Force!
NASHVILLE – On the heels of partnership agreements with the top promotions in Japan and Mexico, Global Force Wrestling has formed an alliance with several of the top independent wrestling promotions throughout Europe, including the United Kingdom, Germany and Ireland.
Stepping forward to #JointheForce are

Revolution Pro Wrestling (www.revolutionprowrestling.com, covering south of England) New Generation Wrestling (www.ngwuk.com, covering north of England) Premier British Wrestling (www.pbwwrestling.com, covering Scotland) Westside Xtreme Wrestling (www.wxw-wrestling.com, covering Germany) and Emerald Wrestling Promotions (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Emerald-Wrestling-Promotions/100651866652805, covering Ireland).
"If you look through the history of pro wrestling you'll find great talent from Europe woven throughout," Global Force Wrestling founder and CEO Jeff Jarrett said. "We put the word 'Global' in this new brand, and we meant it. We believe fans want a wrestling promotion that brings something new and exciting and will engage them at every turn, and that's what we're going to do."
Veteran wrestler Doug Williams, a multiple singles and tag team champion in his native England and in various U.S. promotions, has been instrumental in helping Global Force Wrestling put together this European alliance.
"I am very excited to be a part of the Force, and I really look forward to helping facilitate the relationships between GFW and these top independent wrestling promotions," Williams said. "The European style will bring something a little different to the table, just as the other partners will.I can't wait to see it all come together under one umbrella."
GFW announced its partnership with Mexico's AAA on April 29 and with New Japan Pro Wrestling on June 23.
Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

GFW Press Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: GFW Press Release   GFW Press Release EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 1:04 pm

Because having people come in from promotions with completely different work styles couldn't possibly lead to more botches and injuries than Sin Cara and Mickie James' singles runs combined.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

GFW Press Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: GFW Press Release   GFW Press Release EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 2:02 pm

This feels like there is never going to be like an actual, stable roster. Just shit tones of wrestlers coming in each week and then gone the next.

Or am I reading all this wrong?
Back to top Go down

GFW Press Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: GFW Press Release   GFW Press Release EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 2:07 pm

Or they will what TNA does and tape one month of shows in two days and everyone can go back to their own companies and come back when it's time to tape again
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

GFW Press Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: GFW Press Release   GFW Press Release EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 2:08 pm

Well that's what I meant. I'll be amazed if they are live every week xD
Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

GFW Press Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: GFW Press Release   GFW Press Release EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 2:45 pm

The taping method would be best for them. I'm not entirely skeptical about this promotion and I would actually like it to succeed, but I think they're not taking the actual wrestlers into account when it comes to this huge cross-promotion / crossover-in-working-styles thing. And I don't mean wrestling styles. I mean, some wrestlers being super stiff and harsh on their opponents, or being used to working/doing moves on opposite sides of the body, etc. and then being thrown into some promotion where they have to figure out how to do all this shit cohesively, very, very quickly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

GFW Press Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: GFW Press Release   GFW Press Release EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 3:14 pm

You know what it sounds like to me?

A modified version of the territories before WWE owned everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GFW Press Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: GFW Press Release   GFW Press Release Empty

Back to top Go down

GFW Press Release

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1