HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand Empty
PostSubject: Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand   Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 10:48 am

Shane McMahon has officially, and voluntarily, stepped down as the CEO of China-based pay-per-view service, YOU On Demand. The company issued the following press release:

NEW YORK, July 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- YOU On Demand Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: YOD) ("YOU On Demand" or the "Company"), the first national Video On Demand (VOD) platform in China, is pleased to announce that Mr. Weicheng Liu, in conjunction with the recently announced closing of the strategic investment from Chinese mobile video service provider C Media ("C Media"), was appointed as the Company's Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Shane McMahon, who voluntarily stepped down as CEO of the Company, will continue to serve as YOD's principal executive officer of and Chairman of the Board.

Commenting on the announcement, Mr. McMahon said, "Weicheng has been instrumental in YOU On Demand's initial success and has done a wonderful job as the Company's China-based CEO. As our operations and footprint continue to expand throughout China, it is essential that the role of the CEO be located within the PRC for both strategic and operational reasons. Weicheng is both a remarkable person and leader and I look forward to continuing to build the YOU On Demand brand with him. With Weicheng's new role, along with C Media's strategic investment in the company and their expertise in the market, I am very excited about the future for YOU On Demand."

Mr. Liu stated, "I am very excited and appreciative to have been named as CEO of YOU On Demand. Along with many others in the Company, Shane and I have worked very hard over the past three years in creating YOU On Demand and I am very optimistic about our future success. We have tremendous potential to continue our creation of a unique, multi-tiered distribution platform that will deliver a wide array of entertainment content. The Chinese media market is changing quickly and we are focused on continuing to adapt in order to best serve its consumers."

The rumor mill has been churning recently, with many hoping the WWE would bring Shane back into the company as a part of the ongoing McMahon corporate story. Shane O'Mac will stay on with YOU On Demand as the Chairman of the Board and principal executive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand   Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:25 am

He's going back to WWE, that's why.

shifty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand   Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 12:41 pm

I HOPE SHANE DOES COME BACK! Just Picture a Shane McMahon vs Daniel Bryan Street Fight....
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand   Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 1:04 pm

I don't care what he'd do, he's always awesome to watch on TV.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand   Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 4:06 pm

If he does return, I can see him not being on the McMahon's side for some reason
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand   Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 5:49 am

^
Yeah, I sense that too. Otherwise there is going to be too many non-wrestling characters on the same side.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand   Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 11:20 am

I KNEW IT. I SAID THIS IN THE CORPORATION THREAD. IAN 1 YOU ALL 0.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand   Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 11:23 am

I saw this on reddit. There's a lot of discussion how this is standard procedure with a foreigner CEO stepping down in place of a local CEO, but FUCK that, HERE COMES THE MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand   Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand Empty

Back to top Go down

Press Release: Shane McMahon Steps Down as CEO of YOU On Demand

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1