HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap' Empty
PostSubject: LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap'   LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap' EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 9:28 am

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- Miami Heat star LeBron James might have been talented enough to make a living in football. It sounds as if he wishes he could hit the long ball.

James said he was wowed by the $292 million, 10-year deal the Detroit Tigers gave slugger Miguel Cabrera.

"I wish we didn't have a salary cap," James said Friday night before facing the Detroit Pistons.
James said he would opt out of his contract this summer with the Heat if he could get the same deal.

"The best players in each sport should be rewarded," he said. "It would be nice to sign a 10-year contract for $300 million. I would do it. I would do it for sure."

The NBA salary cap, though, would prevent any team from giving James a similar contract. He is one of the league's highest-paid players with a six-year deal worth roughly $110 million.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/03/28/lebron-salary-cap.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap'   LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap' EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 11:42 am

Meh, I think the MLB is just ridiculous with the salaries. The NBA has it right.

Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap'   LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap' EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 1:37 pm

Yeah That

What's wrong with the MLB? Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap'   LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap' EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 2:50 pm

They dont have a true salary cap, but they have salary cap type penalties. Makes no sense to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap'   LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap' EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 4:38 pm

IMO the MLB does it right. The only major sport in the US where the people actually doing the work get the majority of the revenue.

LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap' FJBloTX
LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap' Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap'   LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap' EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 7:23 pm

Too bad Lebron makes more money then any baseball player already, thanks to endorsement deals. Suck it up you whiny bitch.

Jk, I love you Lebron <3
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap'   LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap' EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 9:09 pm

He makes $40M/year counting endorsements, right? Clayton Kershaw has to make that much. $30.1 salary +

Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap'   LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap' EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 11:05 pm

The salary cap should be at most 5 million per year per player, plus health insurance, travel expenses and whatnot. They make entirely too much money imo.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap'   LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap' EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 11:23 pm

Commie. I aint bothered

Impossible to do that, as someone, somewhere, would come in and take the players.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap'   LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap' Empty

Back to top Go down

LeBron wishes NBA 'didn't have salary cap'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1