HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scotland's Rory Lawson forced to retire from game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Scotland's Rory Lawson forced to retire from game Empty
PostSubject: Scotland's Rory Lawson forced to retire from game   Scotland's Rory Lawson forced to retire from game EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:43 am

Scotland international scrum-half Rory Lawson has been forced to retire from rugby with immediate effect.
Lawson's club Newcastle said the 32-year-old was calling it a day on medical advice because of a chronic wrist injury.
The 32-year-old joined Newcastle from their Aviva Premiership rivals Gloucester last summer.
He won 31 Test caps, making his debut for Scotland against Australia in 2006, and he also captained his country on five occasions.

"I am obviously gutted to have been forced to stop playing the game I love, but I will always look back on my career with immense pride," Lawson said.
"I am not entirely sure what the future holds at this stage, but there are a few opportunities to explore."
Newcastle rugby director Dean Richards added: "Rory has been a magnificent servant to the game, and he will be sorely missed.
"He is a quality player whose enthusiasm, wealth of knowledge and experience has really rubbed off on our players ever since he arrived at the club.
"I thank him for his commitment to the club last season in helping us achieve our main objective of Premiership rugby, and I think I speak on behalf of everyone at the club in wishing him all the very best for the future."
Back to top Go down

Scotland's Rory Lawson forced to retire from game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1