HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

South Park: The Stick of Truth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

South Park: The Stick of Truth Empty
PostSubject: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 10:50 pm

Anyone else got it? nervous

South Park: The Stick of Truth FJBloTX
South Park: The Stick of Truth Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:02 am

It looks like overhyped trash.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:37 am

I didn't think this game would have been on disc Neutral 

Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 2:17 am

I bought it on Steam. It's aggressively OK.

Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 3:30 am

I'm not a fan of the series anymore but I was thinking about checking it out the game.

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 11:14 am

From what I watch of game play it's just fucking outstanding. It's not some big epic like Skyrim but it gets the job done and it does it well. The references to the show itself, Game of Thrones, Skyrim and the throw backs are funny. I think every character ever makes somewhat of a cameo, Jokes are all spot on and all are home runs. I am not a fan of turn base Rpgs, but the combat system in this just works. If you get offended easy than stay away from it I say. But if you love the show and love turn base RPGs than you'll love this. It's like Skyrim, Game of Thrones, Lord of the rings and south park all had a orgy and this is their love child.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:13 pm

South Park is beyond crap now. After spending years watching it, it became incredibly dull over the years.

That aside, I've seen screenshots of it and it does look like you're literally playing the TV show lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:31 pm

I've watched a caster on Twitch play it from start to finish and it's amazing. The humor is there and the gameplay looks solid. Easily a candidate for GOTY.
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:53 pm

The gameplay is essentially Paper Mario for any of you who have played that, of course that's from observation, I'm sure it has it's differences, but it's pretty similar.  

That being said, my roommate paid for it and hasn't been able to play it yet, so I'm skeptical on whether or not I'll buy it as our IPs aren't in America so it looks like we're not getting that release date.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 3:38 pm

Paper Mario was awesome.

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 3:41 pm

Yeah That

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:26 am

Been playing it since I got home from class, easily one of the best full priced games I've ever gotten.  Still have a lot to play through, but so far it's been great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 2:38 pm

I'm getting it in a couple of weeks. Its been getting very good reviews thus far.
Back to top Go down
WrestleFanatic Sam Nash
Jobber
WrestleFanatic Sam Nash

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 9:56 pm

Love it.
Back to top Go down
pegasus187
HOFer
HOFer
pegasus187

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 5:37 am

I will, eventually. I hate being broke
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 3:34 pm

If you're playing a game for its humor and pop-culture references you shouldn't be playing games.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 3:40 pm

I thought it was an entertaining game. Never been a super big South Park fan, either. Never watched it regularly, aside from the occasional rerun.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 6:23 am

Finished it a few days ago. Lots of content cut out because Straya but the bits I could play were funsies. Plus I don't think the bits I missed were worth playing from what I've heard...

Story is incredibly South Park. Gameplay is pretty crappy really with just super frustrating platformer shit with RPG style battles. Not my type of game usually but it got a few laughs out of me and entertained me. Short game though, like ridiculously so.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 6:08 am

Just got it today. For free. By downloading a torrent. >_> It won't let me use my PlayStation controller with a USB. Sad Not very far in yet, but this is my character: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Blai6c_CYAAKA9m.png:large

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 7:24 am

This game was pretty decent for what its worth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 8:52 am

I keep picturing the South Park game on N64. I loved that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth   South Park: The Stick of Truth Empty

Back to top Go down

South Park: The Stick of Truth

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1