HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kinsler: 0-162 for Rangers, 'sleazeball'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Kinsler: 0-162 for Rangers, 'sleazeball' Empty
PostSubject: Kinsler: 0-162 for Rangers, 'sleazeball'   Kinsler: 0-162 for Rangers, 'sleazeball' EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 2:18 pm

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/id/10548784/ian-kinsler-detroit-tigers-hopes-texas-rangers-sleazeball-gm-jon-daniels-go-0-162

Quote :

SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Former Texas Rangers second baseman Ian Kinsler clearly won't be pulling for his old club now that he's with the Detroit Tigers.

More from ESPN.com
In ESPN The Magazine's Conspiracy Issue, Robert Sanchez writes about Ian Kinsler, who intends to re-establish himself as an elite second baseman to help his new team, the Detroit Tigers, while sticking it to his old one, the Texas Rangers. Story »

• Kahrl: Kinsler's production dipping
• Kinsler messes with Texas Video
"I hope they go 0-162," Kinsler told ESPN The Magazine's Robert Sanchez recently in a story published this week. "I got friends, and I love my friends, but I hope they lose their ass."

Rangers manager Ron Washington said Kinsler's comments wouldn't impact the team and that he was always someone who "spoke his mind."

"We won't go 0-162," he said. "Guaranteed."

Washington added: "We've got to take this and deal with reality. We're not a bad team."

Kinsler's comments surprised some Rangers players, and although many declined comment, a few players spoke up.

"I don't think he's going to get what he wants," pitcher Tanner Scheppers said. "I have all the respect in the world for Ian. He's taught me a lot, but he's now with the Detroit Tigers. I wish him luck and I wish luck for everybody."

In the story, Kinsler vents about his frustrations with the Rangers, citing issues with the team and general manager Jon Daniels. His disdain for Daniels is clear, as he calls him a "sleazeball" and blames Daniels' ego for pushing Hall of Famer Nolan Ryan out the door.

"It's not worth defending," Daniels said. "I'm really proud of the group we've got here, the decisions we've made, the people we have in place and what we're building. Based on how he feels, the trade is probably a good thing for all parties involved.

Former teammates brushed aside Ian Kinsler's recent comments about wanting the Rangers to go 0-162 this season. "No matter how good a friend you are," Texas left-hander Matt Harrison said, "once you step in between the lines, all that goes away."
"Obviously, he's a competitor. That's part of what it's about. I hope our players are pissed about that. I do. I think we'll find out what we're made of, and how we go about our business and handle our business."

Kinsler said in the story that he was asked to bear too much of a leadership role with the team after Michael Young left and didn't like being asked to move to first base in 2013 to make room for middle-infield prospect Jurickson Profar (something the Rangers didn't do after Kinsler voiced his reluctance). He also didn't like how he was informed of his trade to Detroit, something Daniels said he wasn't happy about, either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kinsler: 0-162 for Rangers, 'sleazeball'   Kinsler: 0-162 for Rangers, 'sleazeball' EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 3:41 pm

lmfao

rangers should be good this year tho.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Kinsler: 0-162 for Rangers, 'sleazeball'   Kinsler: 0-162 for Rangers, 'sleazeball' EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 2:20 am

They're gonna bean him.

Several times. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kinsler: 0-162 for Rangers, 'sleazeball'   Kinsler: 0-162 for Rangers, 'sleazeball' Empty

Back to top Go down

Kinsler: 0-162 for Rangers, 'sleazeball'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1