HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work? Empty
PostSubject: Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work?   Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work? EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 12:31 pm

With the Winter Olympics starting this week, i figured it would be a good time to talk about a concept i just thought of. It would be a week or 2 week long event, with teams from each company battling it out for "brand supremacy" i guess you could say. There would be a neutral writing staff, meaning at least one writer from each company would be on the panel, and the guy at the top that would sign off on everything would have to be a neutral party as well. The way it would work is you have a team of at least 5 guys from each brand, and they would wrestle for points. The team at the end of the 2 weeks would then be declared the winning brand for that year. It would be fun for all parties involved i think, as well as the fans, as something like this has never been done before. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work?   Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work? EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 1:53 pm

The writers would never agree over who should go over. The ROH writer would want Kevin Steen to go over Cena. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work?   Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work? EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 1:54 pm

Yeah That

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work?   Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work? EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 1:56 pm

And the WWE writers would never agree to have one of their guys lose to someone from an "inferior" company. Really

I do like the concept, however. I don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work?   Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work? EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 1:59 pm

Agreed with that too. I can't see Cena, Punk, Batista, Orton, or even Bryan ever losing to anyone. Funny

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work?   Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work? EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 2:04 pm

Something like this might work for Indy companies & maybe even TNA & a company from Japan, but the WWE is too good for this concept, as they would think. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work?   Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work? EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 4:05 pm

Would this be like one of TNA's World Cups?

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work?   Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work? EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 4:28 pm

Yeah, but instead of holding it in one company like the World Cup was, it would travel.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work?   Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work? EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 4:30 pm

Nah, it'd be too boring. It's turning it into too much of an actual sport rather than a drama, hence why points systems are not really used that often in main stream wrestling (Bound for Glory serious is very Marmite with many fans due to that aspect). Plus if it's done over a period of two weeks, that's too much wrestling going on in a short period. No one would keep up who isn't die hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work?   Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pro Wrestling Olympics; Would It Work?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1