HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Channing Tatum to play X-Men's Gambit?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Channing Tatum to play X-Men's Gambit? Empty
PostSubject: Channing Tatum to play X-Men's Gambit?   Channing Tatum to play X-Men's Gambit? EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 7:08 pm

Channing Tatum could play 'X-Men's' Gambit in a spin-off movie.
The '21 Jump Street' actor revealed he had a desire to play the superhero in his own film and now 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' producer Lauren Shuler Donner has confirmed she is hoping to get a studio to back it.

She told Empire magazine: ''I'm dying to do a Gambit movie with Channing Tatum. That doesn't have to be a great big movie. It's a thief in New Orleans, it's a whole different story.''
''He's on board, and I have to get the studio on board. How can anyone resist Channing? He's such a sweetheart.''

The 33-year-old star previously admitted he loved the Marvel character - who last appeared on screen in 2009's 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine', portrayed by Taylor Kitsch - and has a lot in common with the mutant.

He said: ''Gambit's my favourite, 'cause I'm from New Orleans - or around that area, my dad's from New Orleans'', adding that his knowledge of Louisiana gives him an advantage.
The actor insisted he still enjoyed Kitsch's version of the character, nicknamed the Ragin' Cajun, in Gavin Hood's 2009 movie.
He added: ''No knock on Taylor Kitsch, though, because I actually like his Gambit, but I've always lived around Cajun people.''
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Channing Tatum to play X-Men's Gambit?   Channing Tatum to play X-Men's Gambit? EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 7:40 pm

For the love of...... face palm 

Its not that I dislike Tatum, since I think he'd work well in certain superhero roles, but not Gambit.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Channing Tatum to play X-Men's Gambit?   Channing Tatum to play X-Men's Gambit? EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 10:25 pm

ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME?

THIS IS FUCKING BLASPHEMY.

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Channing Tatum to play X-Men's Gambit?   Channing Tatum to play X-Men's Gambit? EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 10:28 pm

Another spin-off?

Not a bad casting choice like Batman/Superman movie.

Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Channing Tatum to play X-Men's Gambit?   Channing Tatum to play X-Men's Gambit? EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 10:30 pm

Well, the X-Men movies can get a ton of spinoffs with the Origin series alone.

Except, y'know, they give all the fucking movies to Wolverine.

And not the cooler ones such as Deadpool.
Back to top Go down
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: Channing Tatum to play X-Men's Gambit?   Channing Tatum to play X-Men's Gambit? EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 11:11 pm

I still want a storm Origin movie. Mad as hell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Channing Tatum to play X-Men's Gambit?   Channing Tatum to play X-Men's Gambit? EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 11:27 pm

Myke wrote:
Well, the X-Men movies can get a ton of spinoffs with the Origin series alone.

Except, y'know, they give all the fucking movies to Wolverine.

And not the cooler ones such as Deadpool.

Sad 

Although they are allegedly in the process of making one starring Ryan Reynolds, although they've been saying that since like 2010.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Channing Tatum to play X-Men's Gambit?   Channing Tatum to play X-Men's Gambit? Empty

Back to top Go down

Channing Tatum to play X-Men's Gambit?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1