HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clint Dempsey departs Tottenham Hotspur for the MLS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Clint Dempsey departs Tottenham Hotspur for the MLS Empty
PostSubject: Clint Dempsey departs Tottenham Hotspur for the MLS   Clint Dempsey departs Tottenham Hotspur for the MLS EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:06 am

Tottenham have confirmed that forward Clint Dempsey is returning to Major League Soccer after just one season at White Hart Lane.
The United States captain joined Spurs from fellow Barclays Premier League side Fulham last summer for around £6million, scoring 12 goals in 43 appearances for the north London club.
Dempsey, 30, first made a name for himself playing for the New England Revolution before joining Fulham, and is widely expected to join the Seattle Sounders, who currently sit seventh in the MLS Western Conference.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Clint Dempsey departs Tottenham Hotspur for the MLS   Clint Dempsey departs Tottenham Hotspur for the MLS EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 11:11 am

Dempsey is a case of a very smart athlete recognizing that his options have narrowed at 30 and security is more important at this career stage.

Didn't know Sounders pockets were this deep given the strict salary cap in that league, though. They've already used up all their DP spots, so they can't bring in another big price player for now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clint Dempsey departs Tottenham Hotspur for the MLS   Clint Dempsey departs Tottenham Hotspur for the MLS EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:32 pm

Yeah That
Last season exposed Dempsey that he is not a central midfielder or even a central attacking midfielder like people and coaches in the EPL think. He is an out-and-out forward with an eye for goal, and the pace in the EPL is too demanding. I actually think he would've been good in Serie A but it's clear that Dempsey has his retirements planned settled already.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Clint Dempsey departs Tottenham Hotspur for the MLS   Clint Dempsey departs Tottenham Hotspur for the MLS EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:53 pm

Yeah That

He has been used has a CAM for the United States as well, which is odd considering that many people seem to be under the impression that Dempsey is a playmaker.

I think Dempsey is more of a second striker/free roaming attacking midfielder whose game is mostly built off link up play. He reminds me a lot of Robinho, except Robinho is more skillful.

I also think Dempsey's game would've thrived in Serie A & I wish more American players would follow Michael Bradley because his game instantly improved even w/o playing time at Aston Villa. Jozy Altidore had the chance to play for a world famous club in Lazio but choose a quasi rugby club like Sunderland instead? Wtf..?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clint Dempsey departs Tottenham Hotspur for the MLS   Clint Dempsey departs Tottenham Hotspur for the MLS Empty

Back to top Go down

Clint Dempsey departs Tottenham Hotspur for the MLS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1