HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Hoops Derk Boerrigter signing targets four on the bounce

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

New Hoops Derk Boerrigter signing targets four on the bounce Empty
PostSubject: New Hoops Derk Boerrigter signing targets four on the bounce   New Hoops Derk Boerrigter signing targets four on the bounce EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 11:54 am

Celtic new boy Derk Boerrigter is looking to make it four title wins in a row at Parkhead this season.
The 26-year-old winger signed a four-year deal with the Hoops in midweek for a reported £3million fee and is hoping to make his debut against Ross County on Saturday in a Scottish Premiership opener in Glasgow, if he recovers from an ankle knock.

Speaking at the club's Lennoxtown training complex yesterday, Boerrigter revealed his ambitions with the Hoops.
He said: "I am here to win championships and perform very well in the Champions League.
"I won three titles in a row in Holland. The first with RKC Waalwijk in the second division and then twice in a row with Ajax so I hope I can make it four in a row.
"Scottish football is very physical, very fast, they go forward as quick as possible. It is totally different from Dutch football but I like it.
"I think it will (suit my style). When I played for Ajax there was a lot of possession but here it is about getting the ball and get it as quick as possible to the strikers and they will try to score."

Boerrigter, who described himself as "very fast, a good dribbler with a good shot" revealed his disgruntlement at how falling out of favour at Ajax fuelled his move to Glasgow and he insisted he is looking for a regular place in Celtic's starting XI.
"I really wanted to leave Ajax and there was a lot of interest from other clubs but when Celtic came I didn't have to think long," he said.

"Celtic is a very big club in Europe. In Holland we know them well.
"When I went to Ajax I played very well and even made it to the national team. But because of a back injury I was out for a couple of months and when I got fit again it was hard for me to get back to my old level.
"Eventually the coach put me on the bench and at that point I thought 'I am too good to sit on the bench, I want to play'. I want to play every game. I don't like to sit on the bench.
"I spoke to him about my situation, I wasn't happy about it. So for that reason it was better for me to leave.
"It is a new opportunity for me to play and to play well and I hope the coach of the international team will visit me and see what I am capable of."
Back to top Go down

New Hoops Derk Boerrigter signing targets four on the bounce

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1