HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sylvester Stallone confirms return to Rocky

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Sylvester Stallone confirms return to Rocky Empty
PostSubject: Sylvester Stallone confirms return to Rocky   Sylvester Stallone confirms return to Rocky EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Sylvester Stallone has confirmed he is to play Rocky Balboa again in spin-off movie 'Creed'.
The 67-year-old actor has revealed he will reprise his part as the courageous boxer in the movie, which will star Michael B. Jordan as the grandson of Rocky's most famous opponent and friend Apollo Creed - played by Carl Weathers in previous films in the franchise - who Rocky decides to train as a fighter.

However, Stallone - who wrote and starred in all of the six previous 'Rocky' films, with the first movie winning three Oscars - insists the project should not be consider 'Rocky VII' by fans.
Speaking to Jonathan Ross at 'An Evening with Sylvester Stallone' at the London Palladium on Saturday night (11.01.14), he said: ''I'm supposed to be doing a film with Ryan Coogler, who did 'Fruitvale Station', called 'Creed'.

''It's very interesting because people think it would be 'Rocky VII' ... it's not, I have a supporting role. It will be great to take that character, who's actually not well, and pass on his knowledge while he still has time. I think it could be a great movie and a great challenge. It is going to happen.''

Stallone also revealed the storyline will show Rocky passing on the knowledge his trainer Mickey Goldmill - played by the late Burgess Meredith in the franchise - gave him and will see the character ''channelling'' his friend to help his pugilist protégé.

Responding to a question from a fan as to whether he'd ever make a movie focusing on Mickey's life, the Hollywood superstar said: ''Believe it or not, in this film 'Creed' I [Rocky] sort of become Mickey Goldmill because as I'm getting older I find myself almost channelling him, if you know what I mean?

''Some of the things he says, like, 'I'll be an angel on your shoulder', I'm going to be saying it to the next kid, and you realise how much he has gotten into my soul and my DNA.''
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sylvester Stallone confirms return to Rocky   Sylvester Stallone confirms return to Rocky EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:03 pm

That actually sounds pretty good.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Sylvester Stallone confirms return to Rocky   Sylvester Stallone confirms return to Rocky EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:06 pm

I was afraid it was going to be another Rocky film Funny

Going to be interesting seeing Stallone try play the mentor like Meredith did.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sylvester Stallone confirms return to Rocky   Sylvester Stallone confirms return to Rocky Empty

Back to top Go down

Sylvester Stallone confirms return to Rocky

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1