HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Riley Williamson
Main Eventer
Riley Williamson

Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future? Empty
PostSubject: Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future?   Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 12:23 pm

Fresh off the back of the WWE unifying the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship at the Tables, Ladders and Chairs pay-per-view late last year, it appears that the company are set to do it again.

This time, however, it is the company's secondary titles that look set to be merged together at a forthcoming pay-per-view. Per Marc Middleton of LordsofPain.net, the Elimination Chamber looks set to be the destination where the Intercontinental Championship and the United States Championship will be merged:

A title unification match between WWE United States Champion Dean Ambrose and WWE Intercontinental Champion Big E Langston is likely for the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view next month.

As of yet, the details seem quite sketchy, but if the plans do go ahead, it will mean fewer opportunities for those in the middle of the card to gain gold. It would mean there would just be the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, the tag team titles and this newly unified belt for male Superstars to aim for.
Back to top Go down
http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Riley_Williamson
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future?   Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 12:24 pm

Although it gives it more prestige, I don't think it's a good idea.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future?   Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 12:29 pm

Less titles up for grabs, why is that considered a good idea?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future?   Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 1:59 pm

Razor wrote:
Although it gives it more prestige, I don't think it's a good idea.

I think you need to understand what giving something prestige means....to make a title mean something, it has to be defended quite a bit, the feuds leading into a title match have to be consistent and not some one off #1 contenders match and then the random title match the next week. When was the last time the US Title actually meant something? When was the last time the IC title actually meant something? Just because the titles would be unified wouldnt erase years of bad midcard booking.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future?   Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 2:05 pm

realt wrote:
Less titles up for grabs, why is that considered a good idea?
Because then it means more to win a title.

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future?   Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 2:30 pm

^ and ^^

Snoopz' post is pretty much my reply to Dead.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future?   Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 2:34 pm

There needs to be a set low card title. A gimmick belt always works. Hardcore, TV, or like I have said before in the past An Interactive Championship
Back to top Go down
Wolverina
Show Opener
Wolverina

PostSubject: Re: Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future?   Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 3:00 pm

The IC and US belts have lost too much of their prestige over the years. They are laughing stock titles now. Merging two laughing stock titles is a lot different than merging two already (and long enduring) prestigious titles. This will bring about better feuds I suppose, but that could have been done anyways, with proper story development and the right characters.

WWE is just taking a short cut here and will be robbing other, younger talent. So, basically, I guess you can say it's par for the course with WWE. Same difference.
Back to top Go down
fuse
Middle Carder
fuse

PostSubject: Re: Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future?   Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 6:37 pm

The only reason there are two midcard titles is because there used to be a brand split. Now that it's a single roster there is no need for two separate midcard titles. This is something that should have happened a long time ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future?   Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 9:23 pm

Wolverina wrote:
The IC and US belts have lost too much of their prestige over the years. They are laughing stock titles now. Merging two laughing stock titles is a lot different than merging two already (and long enduring) prestigious titles. This will bring about better feuds I suppose, but that could have been done anyways, with proper story development and the right characters.

WWE is just taking a short cut here and will be robbing other, younger talent. So, basically, I guess you can say it's par for the course with WWE. Same difference.

^ this. Unifying titles dont give them prestige just cause.
Back to top Go down
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future?   Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 2:50 am

I like this. It better take the name of IC, and not some shitty ass new name.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future?   Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 6:02 am

I've never been a fan of a clusterfuck of belts anyway, so I would be for this but not only for that reason, but also because (I may be wrong, as I don't watch WWE every week) but both belts seem to get rarely defended anyway or never put in meaningful storylines. So what's the point of having both if they are barely used?

I'd rather then merged the two belts and bring back the 24/7 Hardcore Title for comedic relief and it might give some lower end guys something to do each week...but the'd never do that in a million years, so meh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future?   Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future? Empty

Back to top Go down

Report: WWE Set to Unify Yet More Championships in the Near Future?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1